TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Received my Ford Racing hot rod cams today !! Dealer will install them on tuesday also Doug from Bamachip set me up with my tune. I let my dealership do my engine work because they warranty it especially when its ford racing parts. Hopely I can get a video of my car running !!!

post-18733-1245470034_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1245470034_thumb.jpg

Received my Ford Racing hot rod cams today !! Dealer will install them on tuesday also Doug from Bamachip set me up with my tune. I let my dealership do my engine work because they warranty it especially when its ford racing parts. Hopely I can get a video of my car running !!!

Congrats and good luck! I'm sure it will give you a nice sound and more power.

Jim :)

Congrats and good luck! I'm sure it will give you a nice sound and more power.

Jim :)

Thanks, It should sound really good since the cherrybomb mufflers make the car sound like it has a big block in it. I need to figure out how to video tape it and get to post. Thats my assignment for the weekend!!

How does this warranty work? FRPP cams and a Bama Tune?

I came real close to putting cams in my GT500

Let us know how much extra hp you pick up with a new tune just with the cams. I am guessing another 30 hp

I came real close to putting cams in my GT500

Let us know how much extra hp you pick up with a new tune just with the cams. I am guessing another 30 hp

I picked up 40 HP with my stage 2 Comp cams, but they're awfully aggressive.

Typical gains from the Hot Rods that I've read have been 15-20 HP, depending on tune.

Ken

Hot Rod cams don't affect the warranty at all, as long as they're installed by a Ford dealer.

Ken

But how do you go about doing it? Do you have the dealer install the cams and you install the tune? I would think you would have to have the tune installed before they start the engine to check out the cams, right? So who installs the third party tune (Bama or Brenspeed, etc.), you or the dealer?

But how do you go about doing it? Do you have the dealer install the cams and you install the tune? I would think you would have to have the tune installed before they start the engine to check out the cams, right? So who installs the third party tune (Bama or Brenspeed, etc.), you or the dealer?

You do. If you have the dealer install the cams, they obviously have to get the car running, so they'll have to write a tune to get you out the door.

Once you're home, load whichever custom tune you want.

Ken

How does this warranty work? FRPP cams and a Bama Tune?

First thing like, I stated before this is the dealership that put me back into buying American cars !! I became friends with the owner who is 33yrs old and there everyday 800am sharp in a suit. He over see's everything that goes on in his dealership and meets every customer that buys a car. He keeps on top of the service and repairs and gets involved in any complaints. The service manager belongs to the same mustang club as me and owns a supercharged CS stang. Everything done to his car is ford racing and installed by his mechanics who are up on all the Tech. They did my gears now the cams which is from ford racing and the reason being that they will warranty ford parts even if they have to pay out themselves. As far as the tune which the service manager has one in his car you just return the the car to stock and thats it. I always carry my SCT with me in case something happens. MY headers that were installed also were BBK but, I know if a gasket blows down south he would call the nearest dealership to take of it or anything that goes wrong. Also he's family owns a chevy dealer and pontiac and GMC

In my book Sunshine Ford in #1 and I also get a loaner of my choice from enterprise and the dealership pays for it.

He also drives a 07 Shelby gt !!!!!

The goal of my rant is they stand behind there work and make you want to come back for service like every American dealership should do. If they acted like this one they wouldn't be in trouble !!! They gave me a little hope for American Cars.

Anthony

07 Shelby GT

08 Expedition EL

First thing like, I stated before this is the dealership that put me back into buying American cars !! I became friends with the owner who is 33yrs old and there everyday 800am sharp in a suit. He over see's everything that goes on in his dealership and meets every customer that buys a car. He keeps on top of the service and repairs and gets involved in any complaints. The service manager belongs to the same mustang club as me and owns a supercharged CS stang. Everything done to his car is ford racing and installed by his mechanics who are up on all the Tech. They did my gears now the cams which is from ford racing and the reason being that they will warranty ford parts even if they have to pay out themselves. As far as the tune which the service manager has one in his car you just return the the car to stock and thats it. I always carry my SCT with me in case something happens. MY headers that were installed also were BBK but, I know if a gasket blows down south he would call the nearest dealership to take of it or anything that goes wrong. Also he's family owns a chevy dealer and pontiac and GMC

In my book Sunshine Ford in #1 and I also get a loaner of my choice from enterprise and the dealership pays for it.

He also drives a 07 Shelby gt !!!!!

The goal of my rant is they stand behind there work and make you want to come back for service like every American dealership should do. If they acted like this one they wouldn't be in trouble !!! They gave me a little hope for American Cars.

Anthony

07 Shelby GT

08 Expedition EL

What a great post RacerX, it is good to see you have a friend. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I have my tune loaded from Bamachips.com and on tuesday I will bring the SCT tuner with the car and the mechanic will load it when his done with install.

What a great post RacerX, it is good to see you have a friend. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Swedman, I was getting my hopes up for a funny statement from you!!! But if that's all you got I understand it's like having your gun shoot blanks at the wrong moment !!

Everyone a moment of silence for Swedman !!! :lurk: :jackinbox: Did that help!!! Sweddy :confused::hysterical3:

Oh by the way everyone me and SWEDMAN are Cousins !!!!! We were both born and raised in a junkyard !!! I was feed used oil while he got fed Royal purple. That's why, I retarded and he's a :censored: smart @$$$!!!

:hysterical::cry:

how much for the monkey?

how much for the monkey?

Actually that's what I call her and nobody else calls her that !!! My mother called her a monkey just once !!! What your rear view mirror, I'm a com'in for you :shift::angry22::rant2::slapfight: and Swedman don't like people talkin about his cousin like that!!!!!!!

Archived