TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Take off parts

This may seem like an odd request but here goes. We left our car about three weeks ago and were planning to pick it and the parts up with an enclosed trailer. Now we are considering driving it home, about 600 miles. What I need is someone to post some pictures and possibly dimensions of the two boxes of the take off parts. This way we can go out with our pickup and a lot smaller trailer (or possibly put them in the back of the pickup) and drive both home.

You get a whole bunch of boxes, various sizes and shapes. All of my take off parts fit in the back of a 2000 Expedition with rear seat out and middle row folded down. The hood would not fit inside, so I tied it to the roof (well padded, of course). But the back of the Expedition was pretty well stuffed.

Everything fit in the bed of my truck except for the hood, rockers and splitter. Those needed to go in the trailer.

Isn't the hood also in its own box? If so, could it have stood up and the other parts stacked around it? Since I will be by myself as my wife will be driving "her" car back I also have the back seat available.

Isn't the hood also in its own box? If so, could it have stood up and the other parts stacked around it? Since I will be by myself as my wife will be driving "her" car back I also have the back seat available.

Yes, she's in her own box, but it takes loads of room. I wouldn't be comfortable with it standing up in the bed.

Yes, she's in her own box, but it takes loads of room. I wouldn't be comfortable with it standing up in the bed.

Forgive me for asking what might be stupid questions but is it possible to lay everything down in the bed so as to lay and tie the hood down on top of it all?

Archived