TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NASCAR Toyota/Save Mart 350 - Infineon Racecway

kahmann

I just got 2 free VIP passes today to the race this weekend in Sonoma from my favorite vendor, Ferguson Enterprises.. ;)

I'm taking my brother-in-law with me in the Shelby early Sunday morning. Apparently we're getting breakfast and lunch with the deal, along with paddock passes, so I'm pretty excited to go. I've never been to a NASCAR race, only Indy races and open track events. :shift:

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else was going to this race. If so, I'm always up for meeting fellow enthusiasts from TS!

Ken

http://www.infineonraceway.com/schedule/major_events/nascar/

toyotasavemart350_250x150.png

I just got 2 free VIP passes today to the race this weekend in Sonoma from my favorite vendor, Ferguson Enterprises.. ;)

I'm taking my brother-in-law with me in the Shelby early Sunday morning. Apparently we're getting breakfast and lunch with the deal, along with paddock passes, so I'm pretty excited to go. I've never been to a NASCAR race, only Indy races and open track events. :shift:

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else was going to this race. If so, I'm always up for meeting fellow enthusiasts from TS!

Ken

http://www.infineonraceway.com/schedule/major_events/nascar/

toyotasavemart350_250x150.png

BTW, most of the parking is on dirt, and with the prevailing winds, your car WILL be a mess...I'd drive the beater and leave the Shelby home...or take a motorcycle so you can whiteline it, as getting out of there is a be,och

BTW, most of the parking is on dirt, and with the prevailing winds, your car WILL be a mess...I'd drive the beater and leave the Shelby home...or take a motorcycle so you can whiteline it, as getting out of there is a be,och

I've been there a few times for open track events and the Indy races. I remember the dirt mess.

But this SGT isn't afraid of getting dirty! ;)

That's what $100 details are for. :hysterical:

Well the race was really awesome. We had a great time, enjoyed the corporate perks (tent with food, beer, TV, shade, etc), and gained a new found appreciation for NASCAR.

It was really weird watching these guys run a track that I've been out on. I have a new respect for their amazing skills and these awesome machines.

I took a trillion pics, so I'll try to keep it limited to my favorites. I was rooting for Kenseth to win and he was doing really well with a serious shot near the end, but ended up in a nasty wreck at turn 7, where almost all of the wrecks happened. There was one spectacular crash at turn 2, where I was sitting, but I couldn't get my camera out in time. Anyway, long story short, there was an insane amount of people there, the weather was perfect, and I'll definitely be checking these guys out again in the future. :)

Ken

DSC06505.jpg

DSC06483.jpg

DSC06500.jpg

DSC06450.jpg

DSC06475.jpg

DSC06556.jpg

Archived