TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New stripes done

1218shelby

Hello guys and gals. Well as some of you know my stripes went bad, really bad. Well i got the car back today and now im afraid to take it to the car wash. Im going to wash the car myself from now on. What brand soap do you recommend that is good for the car and the vinyl stripes. What do you guys use? thanks.

Hello guys and gals. Well as some of you know my stripes went bad, really bad. Well i got the car back today and now im afraid to take it to the car wash. Im going to wash the car myself from now on. What brand soap do you recommend that is good for the car and the vinyl stripes. What do you guys use? thanks.

I've been using the Mr. Clean carwash system which filters the water. Seems to work pretty well and doesn't leave water spots. However, my stripes do have spots which seems to be a common problem on the 2007 SGTs. I'll likely get them replaced before the warranty expires.

-yellow pony

What brand soap do you recommend that is good for the car and the vinyl stripes.

I use Meguiers soap. Comes in a pink bottle at your local auto parts store or Wal-Mart.

I've been very satisfied with it. I only use Adams polishing products, but I've had no problems with Meguiers soap so I stick with it.

I have washed my car maybe 5 times in two years.

Before I pull out of the garage I wipe it down with detail, when I get back home, I wipe it down with detail spray. Two years and 15K miles and it looks great, won another trophy this weekend, of course it was 3rd place. :finger:

I have washed my car maybe 5 times in two years.

Before I pull out of the garage I wipe it down with detail, when I get back home, I wipe it down with detail spray. Two years and 15K miles and it looks great, won another trophy this weekend, of course it was 3rd place. :finger:

Same here. I just detail it each time with Adams.

I use Dawn dishwashing liquid. Dawn removes grease (and road grime) right out of your way. I highly recommend Car Show's detail products from here. His detail spray is phenomenal and especially when used with his polish/glaze/wax. You've seen my car so there ya go!

Ice car wash, I think it's by Turtle wax.

Adams polishing system, great stuff and easy to use, also lots of videos if your not sure how to use something. :)

Mostly see used with black or dark color paint. Swirl and Haze remover is great too.

Phil

Williamsport, Pa.

DSC05252_800x430.JPG

DSC05252_800x430.JPG

Archived