TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My thoughts on the 2010

Wilson

Figured I would share my thoughts for those of you still waiting... I got the car back home this AM (pouring all day) and put a little seat time on her..

I am coming from 04 cobra and it's just night and day feel. I have driven 05+ GT's and the 2010 Shelby interior is very well done. Can't say enough about it.

I dont have a lot to share about differences fropm previous shelby because I never drove/sat in one. But the interior lighting is actually pretty nice touch from the door sills SVT logo to the center console and rear seating are.

Top seems to be of pretty good quality also which was nice to see.

And FINALLY DEATH TO THE FENDER ANTENNA. SOOO much easier on the eyes with on a 50k+ car.

Oh and one other note.. All the videos online show the GT500's without sequential taillights... They look nice on the car. I had them on my 04 cobra.

Still wet and dirty from the trailer ride home Here's a pic for all you rear end haters :-)

post-25293-1245349149_thumb.jpg

post-25293-1245349149_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your comments and picture, Wilson. I can't imagine what it's like to finally get behind the wheel after waiting so long. Of course I love the color combination! :yahoo:

And I think that your rear end looks just fine! :P

I'm still waiting for a call back from my dealer on the status of my order... :lurk:

Thanks for your comments and picture, Wilson. I can't imagine what it's like to finally get behind the wheel after waiting so long. Of course I love the color combination! :yahoo:

And I think that your rear end looks just fine! :P

I'm still waiting for a call back from my dealer on the status of my order... :lurk:

thanks and all i can do is echo everyone elses comments...

It's WORTH THE WAIT!!!

More pics once the weather is nicer. I am going to see about getting the black trim around the bottom of the car painted body color

Figured I would share my thoughts for those of you still waiting... I got the car back home this AM (pouring all day) and put a little seat time on her..

I am coming from 04 cobra and it's just night and day feel. I have driven 05+ GT's and the 2010 Shelby interior is very well done. Can't say enough about it.

I dont have a lot to share about differences fropm previous shelby because I never drove/sat in one. But the interior lighting is actually pretty nice touch from the door sills SVT logo to the center console and rear seating are.

And FINALLY DEATH TO THE FENDER ANTENNA. SOOO much easier on the eyes with on a 50k+ car.

Oh and one other note.. All the videos online show the GT500's without sequential taillights... They look nice on the car. I had them on my 04 cobra.

Still wet and dirty from the trailer ride home Here's a pic for all you rear end haters :-)

CONGRATS MAN!!! Hopefully my Vert is next... Kona/Silver... Drive her in good health... Best, Neil

thanks and all i can do is echo everyone elses comments...

It's WORTH THE WAIT!!!

More pics once the weather is nicer. I am going to see about getting the black trim around the bottom of the car painted body color

I'd agree that it's probably well worth the wait...but it's tough waiting through the weeks. I sure wish I would have decided on getting a new car about a month earlier! :doh:

Did you have any mods to your 04 cobra? When you said it's night and day in comparison to the 2010 shelby..do you mean just in terms of power? Or are you referring to just the car as a whole? I'm coming from a 98 cobra, which I've had since it was new - It's bone stock..So I'm assuming I'm going to be for quite a treat when I step on the gas in the 2010 Shelby. I can't wait!

Oh and good call on the moving of the antenna to the rear...that's a nice little touch.

I'd agree that it's probably well worth the wait...but it's tough waiting through the weeks. I sure wish I would have decided on getting a new car about a month earlier! :doh:

Did you have any mods to your 04 cobra? When you said it's night and day in comparison to the 2010 shelby..do you mean just in terms of power? Or are you referring to just the car as a whole? I'm coming from a 98 cobra, which I've had since it was new - It's bone stock..So I'm assuming I'm going to be for quite a treat when I step on the gas in the 2010 Shelby. I can't wait!

Oh and good call on the moving of the antenna to the rear...that's a nice little touch.

Here's some news for you, I ordered in December, it was built in March and it still sits at factory. I called customer service today and they had nothing new to report, said it was still at the factory had not been shipped.

Cobra010

i got very lucky in that i found a buyer before i was even lookin into 2010 shelby's...buyer worked at a dealer who orderewd this car for personl summer car... and it was exactly what i wanted. waited about 1 month from the time i considered selling my 04.

the 04 was making about 630rwhp and running 10.4x. i haven't been able to "drive" the gt500 yet due to rain, but my 04 was waay quicker..I'm mostly referring to s197 in general and specifically the shelby interior upgrades....

you will be in shock coming from a 98. Esp if you havent driven a terminator

Here's some news for you, I ordered in December, it was built in March and it still sits at factory. I called customer service today and they had nothing new to report, said it was still at the factory had not been shipped.

Cobra010

Ouch...I can't believe that your car is still sitting at the factory. That's really hard to believe. Hopefully you'll get surprised soon with it just somehow showing up at the dealers place. I feel your frustration, Cobra010. Too bad there's not someone to call to sort of get the process moving for you, since you've placed your order so long ago.

i got very lucky in that i found a buyer before i was even lookin into 2010 shelby's...buyer worked at a dealer who ordered this car for personal summer car... and it was exactly what i wanted. waited about 1 month from the time i considered selling my 04.

the 04 was making about 630rwhp and running 10.4x. i haven't been able to "drive" the gt500 yet due to rain, but my 04 was way quicker..I'm mostly referring to s197 in general and specifically the shelby interior upgrades....

you will be in shock coming from a 98. Esp if you haven't driven a terminator

Ah..very lucky indeed on your part. I still like my 98 cobra...but just one day I wanted to make a change. I really thought I was going to keep it for at least 5-7 more years. I couldn't imagine myself parting ways with it - It still gets looks everywhere I go.

Wow...630rwhp on your 04 cobra! Amazing..I know those terminators were monsters in their own right.

When I was checking out some of the 2010 GT's on dealers lot - I too was thoroughly impressed with the interior of the new model. Just beautiful and the GT500's is that much better.

I never drove a terminator or any other car with more power than my 98 to date. So I'm really looking forward to settling in behind the wheel of the GT500 with a long stretch of highway in front of me.

Ouch...I can't believe that your car is still sitting at the factory. That's really hard to believe. Hopefully you'll get surprised soon with it just somehow showing up at the dealers place. I feel your frustration, Cobra010. Too bad there's not someone to call to sort of get the process moving for you, since you've placed your order so long ago.

Thanks for your caring!

Cobra010

Thanks for your caring!

Cobra010

No problem Cobra010. Us Shelby owners have got to stick together! :grouphug:

At least you know that you'll get your car before me...if you can take some comfort in that. I know, not really...sorry.

If you don't get your car soon, I think a bunch of us members here need to take a trip to Michigan and break your car out of "prison" ourselves! :gang:

What do you say?

;)

Ah..very lucky indeed on your part. I still like my 98 cobra...but just one day I wanted to make a change. I really thought I was going to keep it for at least 5-7 more years. I couldn't imagine myself parting ways with it - It still gets looks everywhere I go.

Wow...630rwhp on your 04 cobra! Amazing..I know those terminators were monsters in their own right.

When I was checking out some of the 2010 GT's on dealers lot - I too was thoroughly impressed with the interior of the new model. Just beautiful and the GT500's is that much better.

I never drove a terminator or any other car with more power than my 98 to date. So I'm really looking forward to settling in behind the wheel of the GT500 with a long stretch of highway in front of me.

I sold my 98 atlantic blue cobra convt about two months ago - bought new - hated to see it go but had to make room in garage as also have 67 red convt which looks lonely now - '10 kona blue convt just got to dealer and saw it today...going back tomorrow to pick up. The interior is a lot nicer and the steering wheel is really cool.

can't imagine the difference with the shelby in performance...plan to keep at least 10 years

I sold my 98 atlantic blue cobra convt about two months ago - bought new - hated to see it go but had to make room in garage as also have 67 red convt which looks lonely now - '10 kona blue convt just got to dealer and saw it today...going back tomorrow to pick up. The interior is a lot nicer and the steering wheel is really cool.

can't imagine the difference with the shelby in performance...plan to keep at least 10 years

That Atlantic Blue was a sweet color on the SN95 models! That would have been my second choice back in '98. But I saw the Chrome Yellow on it and had to have it. No complaints about this car...it's still fun to drive and I haven't had any problems with it. Wow...'67 convertable too. Nice. My first car was a '69 coupe...far from a show car...but nice for a new driver.

Congrats on getting your car tomorrow. If I were you, I would not be able to sleep tonight! Hope you plan on posting some pics.

I'm so jealous of all of you getting your cars suddenly. :( I missed the boat..should have looked into the Shelby way back in January. :banghead:

Have a drivng question for you.Im new to Shelby,but do have another Ford with supercarger (XJR). On my new 2010 Shelby the boost doesnt come in in 1st till around 3500,same for 2nd.When im in 6th on highway its comes in around 1800rpm.Is this normal, ie that the boost comes in at different rpms--on my XJR it comes in whenever you hit the accelartor--thanks

Have a drivng question for you.Im new to Shelby,but do have another Ford with supercarger (XJR). On my new 2010 Shelby the boost doesnt come in in 1st till around 3500,same for 2nd.When im in 6th on highway its comes in around 1800rpm.Is this normal, ie that the boost comes in at different rpms--on my XJR it comes in whenever you hit the accelartor--thanks

bobstripower-

I too feel boost is a little 'laggy' on this motor. Although I am comparing to my '04 cobra that was pullied for 22+ psi, which boost hit very quickly.

I dont know if this is the case but did you do 5 continuous miles in the car yet? Boost is disabled until 5 continuous miles or 50 key cycles.

Also, dont make it a habit of getting into full boost in 5th and 6th gears.. Actually, factory power levels it probably wont do much damage, but there are EXTREME loads on the motor in those gears under full boost

This must be some break-in calibration, because my '08 has instant boost at any speed, although am not sure I have ever hit the gas hard enough in 5th or 6th to know.

In first I can't really figure out what is going on because it is mayhem... screaming engine, tires, exhaust. I have glanced and seen full boost on the gauge, but things can get dicey fast, so I keep the eyes on the road.

Check the owners manual, because I'll bet you are still in a break-in calibration.

Archived