TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How My Shelby Saved My Life

uno

• 4 weeks later...

Thursday July 16th, 6:50 PM My First checkup MRI is today to see if my cancer is gone and my brain has sprung back into the void that the tumor had left. Tomorrow (Friday) is my appointment to discuss the results.

even though i feel 100%, im nervous as heck. I felt 100% for 25 years without knowing i had a baked potato sized brain tumor so you never know.

Wish me luck fellow Shelby drivers. If everything is well, i'll have my drivers license back soon and my Shelby (and Streetbikes) will once again be terrorizing the streets.

on a sidenote, i'll finally be able to drive it to the shop and get all these new parts installed that ive purchased over the past 3 months

Whipple HO Kit (polished) w/ aftercooler

60lb Injectors

Dual GT40 Fuel pumps

SCT X Call 3 Tune

Range Zero Plugs

MSD Ignition + Coils

Samco Silicone Hoses (Blue)

Blue Powdercoated Valve Covers

4:10 Gears

new driveshaft

Uno...your story is very inspiring and I hope all is well at your check up. In these times so many people are worried about money and their homes but fail to recognize their health. I am so glad that you caught this in time to even be elligable for surgery. I think this should be a lesson to all about the things that really matter and what we should be focused on. I hold you in my prayers and again hope for the best at your checkup.

-James

my appointment was this morning, and this is what my neurosurgeon told me.

"Mr. Uno, your brain cancer is gone, and there looks to be no signs of it coming back...it's cured."

you cannot fathom the joy im experiencing this whole afternoon, the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. Its incredible. Ill have my drivers license back within 4 weeks too!

I am so glad you are OK. What a blessing that you were not injured in the accident and that you found the cancer as a result. My brother went through a cancer "scare" just last fall with everything also working out.

It can be a real eye opener to just how fragile life can be.

agreed god bless you. Your prayers have been answered. Thank god that you are alright

Wow that is a remarkable story. I really admire your ability to keep a postive attitude and strong faith through such a stressful ordeal. After this the other bumps in the road that life throws at you should seem minor by comparison.

Best of luck to you...

my appointment was this morning, and this is what my neurosurgeon told me.

"Mr. Uno, your brain cancer is gone, and there looks to be no signs of it coming back...it's cured."

you cannot fathom the joy im experiencing this whole afternoon, the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. Its incredible. Ill have my drivers license back within 4 weeks too!

wow this is great news now you will be able to fully enjoy all the extra power from the SC and not have that worry hanging over you.

wow this is great news now you will be able to fully enjoy all the extra power from the SC and not have that worry hanging over you.

Great News!

Nice to hear good news, especially coming from a Shelby enthusiast as yourself.

Praying for you!

Todd

Archived