TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Inventory

swanr1

Question for anyone in the know. I ordered my Shelby Black/Grabber Blue Stripe Coupe $3000 below MSRP from a dealer in Idaho on April 20. I called 3 weeks ago to find VIN and was told it was not available yet. I justed logged on to dealer website to check inventory and now it is showing my car in new inventory including number of miles on odometer (4). Dealer does not have car yet when contacted.

Anyone have idea timeframe from when vehicle is shown as current new inventory to when it is expected to arrive? Does Ford place this in dealer inventory when it ships? Any help would be appreciated.

Question for anyone in the know. I ordered my Shelby Black/Grabber Blue Stripe Coupe $3000 below MSRP from a dealer in Idaho on April 20. I called 3 weeks ago to find VIN and was told it was not available yet. I justed logged on to dealer website to check inventory and now it is showing my car in new inventory including number of miles on odometer (4). Dealer does not have car yet when contacted.

Anyone have idea timeframe from when vehicle is shown as current new inventory to when it is expected to arrive? Does Ford place this in dealer inventory when it ships? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello and Congrats on a great deal!

Yes, they do show up in inventory before they arrive. I was a Sales Consultant for Riverside Ford in Macon Georgia and vehicles would show up on the inventory before they arrived. The difference was it would have no stock# since it had not arrived and been assigned one.

Usually took about 2 weeks from when it showed up but where in the country you live could have an arrival time variation.

Blessings,

Cobra09

Im not convinced that Ford is updating their systems with these cars as they ship. So far no GT500s that have been confirmed delivered to dealers show up on forddirect.com, which is why I have a feeling a lot of our cars will just start showing up with no notice.

Im not convinced that Ford is updating their systems with these cars as they ship. So far no GT500s that have been confirmed delivered to dealers show up on forddirect.com, which is why I have a feeling a lot of our cars will just start showing up with no notice.

You are probably right, although some of these dealers are getting the information from somewhere. Is Mr. Arning off this week, said he was going on vacation to Utah for a week. Please someone who is receiving updated shipping information please tell me where you are getting it, I am tired of getting told it should ship in April.

Cobra010

Archived