TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Documentation

Sorry for starting new threads but it seems there are a lot of new owners out there like me that are searching for documentation.

I bought my 07 from Lakewood Fordland in Denver and had one of the worst buying experiences in 20 years. They figured they could corner me for more money once I flew out to finish the paperwork and pick up the car. I'll save that story for another time but I will say the only thing I got with the car was ONE key. No paperwork, extra key, hertz papers, or owners manual......

So, I am on a quest to right the wrongs and find Shelby and Ford window stickers and any Hertz paperwork I can find.

I am hoping that one of you might be a guide for this journey. The one thing I have found that is kind of neat is a ford site to add your VIN to and print out a makeshift window sticker (you can also save the PDF but it will have the day you printed it on the bottom)

Here you go.....cut and paste it with your VIN after the = sign

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...icker.pdf?vin=

Sorry for starting new threads but it seems there are a lot of new owners out there like me that are searching for documentation.

I bought my 07 from Lakewood Fordland in Denver and had one of the worst buying experiences in 20 years. They figured they could corner me for more money once I flew out to finish the paperwork and pick up the car. I'll save that story for another time but I will say the only thing I got with the car was ONE key. No paperwork, extra key, hertz papers, or owners manual......

So, I am on a quest to right the wrongs and find Shelby and Ford window stickers and any Hertz paperwork I can find.

I am hoping that one of you might be a guide for this journey. The one thing I have found that is kind of neat is a ford site to add your VIN to and print out a makeshift window sticker (you can also save the PDF but it will have the day you printed it on the bottom)

All of the Hertz cars were post-title modified by Shelby Automobiles, Inc. Hertz purchased the spec vehicles from Ford and they had a drop ship code to Shelby. We modified the cars and Hertz coordinated the shipping to their rental facilities. As a result there was no Shelby paperwork or supplemental window sticker. All documentation would come from Ford Motor Co.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Roger,

Some good news came today. I sent a letter to Hertz requesting any documentation for my car and it arrived today. I found the contact elsewhere in the forum and it still works. I received a packet that included the original window sticker, the Shelby invoice dated 8/3/2007 which listed options added by Shelby Automobiles Inc. with a cost breakdown for parts and labor, and a copy of the original title.

I have to say that the folks at Hertz are a class act. They understood exactly what I was looking for and why. My hat is off to them and I sincerely appreciate all of there help.

A Happier Hertz owner!

• 5 months later...

All,

I just got a package from Hertz as well. The package contained the original window sticker, a copy of the title, the shelby list of changes with costs and the Ford order.

In addition, Shelby Americasn sent me the new dash plaque and nice certificate. I feel like the car is pretty well documented.

Thanks to this forum...it was easy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Steve an email at SFleske@Hertz.com with the vin and the documentation when and where I purchased my car and within 5 days I had the nice folder in my mail box. The folder had the build sheet, copy of the title, the original window sticker and the detailed list of the parts. Thanks for the help.

I sent Steve an email at SFleske@Hertz.com with the vin and the documentation when and where I purchased my car and within 5 days I had the nice folder in my mail box. The folder had the build sheet, copy of the title, the original window sticker and the detailed list of the parts. Thanks for the help.

Glad it workd out.

Archived