TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RUSTY REAREND

fred13

Ive got to do something BEFORE mine looks like that.Suggestions??--Ive restored old muscle cars,and use a product called Extend that kills the rust, which is an actual organism, then turns the metal kind of gray/black.The i put on smei-gloss frame black paint i get from Eastwood.Its lasted a long time.But since mine isnt rusted yet, im thinking clear might do the trick. The POR stuff is magically,but to me alot more work

I don't know about the rusty rear ends on the cars but my rusty rear end is getting chapped more by the minute waiting on my car. :jackinbox: :slapfight::censored::banghead::redcard:

Cobra010

Is this sort of thing covered by some bumper-to-bumper warranty or other protection guarantee? I might not accept the car like that when they call saying it arrived and "boy...all the guy's in the shop wish they could take another spin before you pick it up".

I don't believe this sort of thing will be covered under warranty. All their axles are bare metal and will begin rusting if left untreated. Take the car and enjoy it.

Ive got to do something BEFORE mine looks like that.Suggestions??--Ive restored old muscle cars,and use a product called Extend that kills the rust, which is an actual organism, then turns the metal kind of gray/black.The i put on smei-gloss frame black paint i get from Eastwood.Its lasted a long time.But since mine isnt rusted yet, im thinking clear might do the trick. The POR stuff is magically,but to me alot more work

The folks who own 2007 through 2009 models have already been through this. Look in those Forums and do a serach on "rust" and you should find a wealth of information.

I looked under a brand new 2010 yesterday and it had a lot of rust already under the car. My 2009 looked like a junkyard car.

I have decided to have mine cleaned and professionally painted as soon as I get the car. There is a custom shop here in town that will do it but no estimate yet untill I carry it in. I just can't live with it on my 2010. I think this is one of the best "Mods" we can do on the car.

Steve

I looked under a brand new 2010 yesterday and it had a lot of rust already under the car. My 2009 looked like a junkyard car.

I have decided to have mine cleaned and professionally painted as soon as I get the car. There is a custom shop here in town that will do it but no estimate yet untill I carry it in. I just can't live with it on my 2010. I think this is one of the best "Mods" we can do on the car.

Steve

I agree.... how about a pix of the alum drive shaft ?

Steve

I was thinking the same thing,but had a pprofessional do it on a muscle car,and the overspray got everywhere.It was a hot day and he had a fan on in his lift arae,and walla--overspray.Make sure he seals the whole car in plastic,taping it ot the "frame"

I was thinking the same thing,but had a pprofessional do it on a muscle car,and the overspray got everywhere.It was a hot day and he had a fan on in his lift arae,and walla--overspray.Make sure he seals the whole car in plastic,taping it ot the "frame"

Roger that,

I have painted a couple of aircraft and will check the prep (masking) job really closely. I think a two part epoxy would be the way to go underneath the car. We may have to remove some components for a quality job.

Steve

Steve

It'd be great to hear your estimate. I'm still up in the air with the whole detail/rusty rear issue. The fact that I am entertaining the idea of taking a new car to a body shop right out of the showroom is just really wrong :confused:

Archived