TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is car shelby cover good enough?

overkill

New to owning any sports car, as I have no garage here in nj, just driveway. Any info on shelby car cover for the car at $375 is it worth it (are there better quality ones?) or should I build a carport in driveway next to side of house?

Any input would be great....

New to owning any sports car, as I have no garage here in nj, just driveway. Any info on shelby car cover for the car at $375 is it worth it (are there better quality ones?) or should I build a carport in driveway next to side of house?

Carport with a car cover would be the best. Top of the line car covers run from $300-$400 so the $375 price is in the ballpark.

There are also those outdoor car capsules but I don't have any real life experience with them.

Steve

Carport with a car cover would be the best. Top of the line car covers run from $300-$400 so the $375 price is in the ballpark.

There are also those outdoor car capsules but I don't have any real life experience with them.

Steve

If you dont enclose the carport on all sides with a door, you might as well only get a very good cover--but dont cover it with a tarp--the paint will go bad really fast.Being born in the Bronx and having lived in NJ you better get a good trackig system for your car,like Lojac. It will disappear on you into the night if its not in a garage.I had a GTo stolen from my old carport--after that I just rented a space at one of the covered locked deals.Good luck.PS,another trick i learned was to go visit widows who had a garage--id exchange fix it stuff for use of the garage.

Any type of structural cover will be best in addition a nice car cover, don't know what model car you have if it is going to be an 010' don't forget the antenna is on the rear.

Cobra09

The thin nylon Shelbt branded cover that came with my '08 is NOT an all-season cover, indoor use only, if is summy and clear out, you could use it for UV protection, but not more than that...

The thin nylon Shelby branded cover that came with my '08 is NOT an all-season cover, indoor use only, if is sunny and clear out, you could use it for UV protection, but not more than that...

Well, that's not what I was wanting to hear. I was really hoping that it would be able to stand up to a bit of weather. Hmm...At the very least then, it'll keep some of the dust and dirt off of it.

Well, that's not what I was wanting to hear. I was really hoping that it would be able to stand up to a bit of weather. Hmm...At the very least then, it'll keep some of the dust and dirt off of it.

Thanks, I will hold off on ordering the shelby cover, and find something better as it appears it is not all season cover, i will be getting carport installed though.

Thanks, I will hold off on ordering the shelby cover, and find something better as it appears it is not all season cover, i will be getting carport installed though.

IVE USED cALIFORNIA CAR COVER FOR MY CARS--HAD IT ON A CAR I LEFT OUTSIDE ALL THE TIME AND IT WORKED GREAT. IN THE WINTER THOUGH,MAKE SURE YOU LOOK FOR CHIPMUNKS LIVING IN YOUR ENGINE COMPARTMENT,NO KIDDING--THEY ACTUALLY WILL CRAWL UP THE WHEELS AND HANG OUT.I UNCOVERED THE CAR ONE TIME AND HEARD CHIRPING.OPENED THE HOOD AND SEVERAL CHIPMONKS JUMPED OUT

Archived