TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB for Noise in the 07 Front End

Hey guys,

Sorry for the redundancies, but I'm looking for the TSB on the Front end noise on the GT. I know I saw it in the forums somewhere but can't locate it now.

Thanks for the help.

DW

Just Curious, has anyone in here had this work done (TSB 07-18-2) to their SGT. If so, Did it help make the front end more quiet over Bumps and such? Ford guy is telling me this TSB excludes the SGT because of the Shelby mod (lowering) to the Suspension, this sound right?

Thanks!

Just Curious, has anyone in here had this work done (TSB 07-18-2) to their SGT. If so, Did it help make the front end more quiet over Bumps and such? Ford guy is telling me this TSB excludes the SGT because of the Shelby mod (lowering) to the Suspension, this sound right?

Thanks!

The TSB addresses a specific issue with specific symptoms it's not a "quiet the car" thing though it of course does that if you have the issue as described. The car still has a full warranty and I don't believe the parts that are in question in the TSB are swapped out when installing the FRPP kit so I don't see what one has to do with other. When you say "Ford guy" are you saying the dealer service manager or Ford's Warranty Group?

The TSB addresses a specific issue with specific symptoms it's not a "quiet the car" thing though it of course does that if you have the issue as described. The car still has a full warranty and I don't believe the parts that are in question in the TSB are swapped out when installing the FRPP kit so I don't see what one has to do with other. When you say "Ford guy" are you saying the dealer service manager or Ford's Warranty Group?

Yes, the service Manager. That count?

Question remains, Has anyone done this on a SGT?

I'm just interested if anyone has actually done this service on a Shelby GT. If not, I'll press on and give you guys feedback. It would be great to hear from SAI on their opinion of the Comments fron the local Ford Service Manager if it's true or not about the mods from SAI making the TSB non-relavant for the SGT.

HELP SAI! Anyone there know for sure before I get ugly? :slapfight:

Thanks!

Yes, the service Manager. That count?

Question remains, Has anyone done this on a SGT?

I'm just interested if anyone has actually done this service on a Shelby GT. If not, I'll press on and give you guys feedback. It would be great to hear from SAI on their opinion of the Comments fron the local Ford Service Manager if it's true or not about the mods from SAI making the TSB non-relavant for the SGT.

HELP SAI! Anyone there know for sure before I get ugly? :slapfight:

Thanks!

It's not the service manager's call...Ford decides so if you have the symptoms, and if the SGT qualifies, press on and report back.

I did a search for "Front End" and found:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42853

Seems a member did have the work done...maybe you can send him a PM?

It's not the service manager's call...Ford decides so if you have the symptoms, and if the SGT qualifies, press on and report back.

I did a search for "Front End" and found:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42853

Seems a member did have the work done...maybe you can send him a PM?

Thanks Jeff,

That gives me some ammo to go back and confront my local Dealer. Unfortunately they are deaf, yes the whole dealership has the same issue. :censored:

I know the service Mgr very well and hopefully we can work it out.

Just to be clear, the front end noise is very loud and sounds like someone is hitting hood with a rubber mallet when going over bumps in the road. I'll eventually get his ear...

If anyone else has this issue or has had the service described done at the Ford dealership, any feedback would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks!

ShelbyDW

Archived