TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Order Prority Code...What impact does it have

War Eagle

I have a priority code of 80 on my order and understand that a lower number is better. What are the various codes and what are the differences between them:

1. How does it affect the date order accepted

2. How does it affect build date

3. How does it affect ship date

thanks

Steve

I have a priority code of 80 on my order and understand that a lower number is better. What are the various codes and what are the differences between them:

1. How does it affect the date order accepted

2. How does it affect build date

3. How does it affect ship date

thanks

Steve

From Edmunds:

- ------------------------ Check out the "Priority" number on your order. Ford Dealers can enter orders with priority codes ranging from 10-99. The lower the number, the higher the priority for scheduling vehicles for production. Most Dealers order "Retail" orders, those vehicles that are sold and ordered for specific customers, with a priority "10" so that those orders will be scheduled for production ahead of stock orders which might be ordered with priority codes 20-79. When a Dealer has allocation for that week's scheduling, Ford generates "Suggested Orders" which are always generated with a priority code of 80. They do this so that the "Suggested Orders" are prioritized behind most Dealers stock orders. Even so, Dealers can order vehicles with a "99" priority code which is supposed to mean that Ford is not authorized to schedule the unit under any circumstances. --------------------------------------------------------------

I have a priority code of 10, and I am order 001 at my dealership in NJ. I am also price level 030, whatever that means. I dont even have a VIN yet, so dont be alarmed. I think this whole process is teaching me a better knowledge of patience...lol

Beside as the extra weeks go by thats extra money that goes toward my down payment, which equates to lowering monthly payments (as if there not high enough already for me anyway) / this is 1 way to look at it :):banghead:

Archived