TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is This Rust?

I just hit 3,000 miles in 7 weeks on my new KR. I was checking my fluids yesterday and noticed two areas where its either rust, or maybe the chrome is peeling off?

100_0033a.jpg

100_0029.jpg

100_0031.jpg

Now, being an old fart who hasn't worked on a motor since the days when Holley 4-barrels sat on top, I'm still not familiar with fuel injection systems, much less the supercharger. Can someone tell me which parts these are, and if this is "normal", or if its a sign that something is wrong?

Thanks,

John

I just hit 3,000 miles in 7 weeks on my new KR. I was checking my fluids yesterday and noticed two areas where its either rust, or maybe the chrome is peeling off?

100_0033a.jpg

100_0029.jpg

100_0031.jpg

Now, being an old fart who hasn't worked on a motor since the days when Holley 4-barrels sat on top, I'm still not familiar with fuel injection systems, much less the supercharger. Can someone tell me which parts these are, and if this is "normal", or if its a sign that something is wrong?

Thanks,

John

That is nothing, you want to see rust, simply look at your rear axle, it will be covered in rust

Archived