TEAM SHELBY FORUM

540HP A little conservative

zeindog

My first thought its a press car. Can you say ringer?

Don't get me wrong I like the numbers but would be more impressed if the car was off the showroom floor and not supplied by Ford marketing.

I guess we will know for sure pretty soon when the retail cars hit the streets.

Steve

I would think that too, but one of the mags took a random KR to the dyno and got very similar results. Anyway, I want one!

MM

By the looks of it seems the 540hp Ford stated was a little conservative.

2010 GT500 Dyno

Thanks very much for the post. If this is true, then the top end gearing is very well matched to the horsepower. This means that the car's top speed should be around 190 MPH in 5th gear with no gear changes from the stock ratios. That is, the stock gearing (5th gear + 3.55 rear end + tire diameter) gets max HP at about readline at around 190 MPH which equals the car's top speed given its characteristics and around 580 HP at the flywheel. Very well designed.

Cold temps and a hurricane fan help.

I didn't see anywhere where they stated the ambient air temp, but you're right on if it was cool they're going to make bigger power even with several back to back pulls. I haven't seen anything on changes to the heat exchanger, intercooler or radiator. Did they upgrade any of these on the 2010?

Yup my car STD made 511 actually

but the SAE was I believe 485

Cant we all just say great,instead of questioning wind currents,ambient etc.Enjoy the moment,we dont have an unlimited amount of them

Cant we all just say great,instead of questioning wind currents,ambient etc.Enjoy the moment,we dont have an unlimited amount of them

G R E A T

I'm looking to see if Ford made any changes that I can add to mine.

G R E A T

I'm looking to see if Ford made any changes that I can add to mine.

I heard a rumor that the KR was dynoed @598 and 557 Tq, which seems right, 2010 is the same set up correct, I HOPE THE 2010 IS DELIVERED WITH A RUST FREE REAR END. Hope Ford fixed that by now

511 @ the RW..........smokin hot. This is a monster in wolfs clothing. Looks great, sounds great and is a bad bad car. I love it.

Rear valance: If I ever had one I'd paint it the color of the car. That is the only thing I'd do.

Sorry, don't know what STD and SAE mean regarding dyno runs. Can someone explain, Thanks. I understand the difference between to the flywheel and to the wheels.

STD is what your car made that day, under those conditions at the wheels, with no "correction factors" applied. SAE uses correction factors (barometric pressure, temperature, humidity, etc) to try to homologize various runs in various atmospheric conditions. It attempts to make local atmospheric conditions less relevant, and allow more direct comparisons between runs made under different conditions.

SAE is pretty much the rear wheel dyno standard, and attempts to make comparisons more standardized. As a general rule, on a hot, humid day (above 70 deg F), SAE will give you a higher number than STD, on a cold, dry day, less.

An unscrupulous dyno operator (and they ARE out there), can select whatever correction factor gives you the highest HP reading. Most dyno software can select from multiple correction factors.

Archived