TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pic's of my Cracked Valve Stems :(

Grabber

As of right now Ford says they will replace the valve stems, if needed, under the 3/36 warranty.

If it was me I would make sure my valve stems have enough cracks for a guaranteed replacement. If you get what I mean ;)

Steve

Why would anyone recommend damaging a car (tearing a valve stem) just to replace a suspect part that checked GOOD? Chances are far greater of damaging the wheel or car, just to get a new valve stem. If you check the stem and it's not cracked, it's safe. Your advise is lacking thought.

I don't expect a responce back, so no problem there.

Boy! You guys really take the cake. Can't pass up the chance to slam mechanics or dealers at every turn. :cry:

If you knew what has happened to so many members here...you would be the same way.

Here's a few that come to mind that I have read about.

1. Wrong oil (this happens all the time)

2. 1/2 quart to much oil put in (this happens alot too).

3. Wrong rear gears installed.

4. Wrong jack points used - car damaged.

5. Car gets scratched and or door dinged.

6. Dealer washes car with dirty mit and pole brush.

7. torque spec's not used.

8. Wrong air pressure in tires.

9. Etc...

I did not mean to insult you. Sorry.

Why would anyone recommend damaging a car (tearing a valve stem) just to replace a suspect part that checked GOOD? Chances are far greater of damaging the wheel or car, just to get a new valve stem. If you check the stem and it's not cracked, it's safe. Your advise is lacking thought.

I don't expect a responce back, so no problem there.

Not what I meant at all. What I meant was that if it was ME and I found some light cracking of the rubber I would make sure the cracks were severe enough so that the dealership couldn't go with a "no problem found" diagnosis when brought in. No where did I say go out to your car and "tear" your valve stems even if they looked good.

These defective Chinese valve stems are not isolated to Ford. It is a major problem with several lawsuits in the works with many more to come. I'd prefer to have a known defective part replaced on my car if its showing the slightest deterioration, but thats just me.

Steve

If you knew what has happened to so many members here...you would be the same way.

Here's a few that come to mind that I have read about.

1. Wrong oil (this happens all the time)

2. 1/2 quart to much oil put in (this happens alot too).

3. Wrong rear gears installed.

4. Wrong jack points used - car damaged.

5. Car gets scratched and or door dinged.

6. Dealer washes car with dirty mit and pole brush.

7. torque spec's not used.

8. Wrong air pressure in tires.

9. Etc...

I did not mean to insult you. Sorry.

My car was delivered with a decent sized scratch in the front rim that I didn't notice until I got the car home.

Luckily the dealer agreed to take care of it and replace the wheel. I took the car back in when the new

wheel arrived for them to replace and after I get the car back, guess what? They scratched that wheel worse

than the original. So they agree to relace it again and said they would be extra careful this time. Long story

short, you guessed it, they scratched the s!#@t out of that wheel too. So now they order me a third wheel and I talk them into letting me take it to a wheel shop to have it done right. Finally, no scratches. :happy feet:

So in the first 2 months of my cars life, it went through 4 left front wheels just to be how it should have been the first day I got it.

So yeah, some dealers get this :finger:

I am not looking forward to having anybody touch all 4 of my wheels after that ordeal!

Most likely, I'll buy 4 new stems and pay someone I trust to replace them.

• 1 month later...

All my oil changes have been done by the dealer and 2 out of 3 of them were really sloppy; 1st one left oil all over the place so when I told the manager the next time he put a different guy on it, and he cross threaded the oil cap on... 3rd time I saw a guy working there that was a neighbor of a friend and I had it made, swore he would look after my car from now on. Bad thing is he found a job offshore for more money. <_<

My clutch is still hanging in there though, and I have yet to get home and inspect the valve stems and install the new heat exchanger :D.

• 2 weeks later...

sheesh! I thought you meant Engine valve stems!

I changed to new tires at 900 miles never had the desire to trust the oem factory v. stems & Tire package since my experiance with other supercars' hi end tires.

The GY stupercars' are a Lo-Po Compromise from a earlier technology & the sizing embodies higher CG with hi-unsprung weight Trade-off; for "ride".

No brainer solution was $1100 for 4-goodyear Y - Rated "asymmetric Eagle f1's".

latest tech. kraut mfg'd. rated better than mich bibendum ps2's.

as they say: It's better to buy a $1000 helmet than a $75 Helmet. and the bodywork you save from being crumpled may be yours... my 2cents.

Archived