TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pic's of my Cracked Valve Stems :(

Grabber

Well I got the letter today about the cracking valve stems on all the 2007 Mustangs and some of the 2008’s.

I took a look at my Valve stems with a flash light and all 4 of them have a bunch of cracks around the base of the valve stem. Take a flash light and bend yours back to take a look.

Just what I want to do……have my dealer pull all my tires. Crap !!!! :banghead:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

th_ValveStemcracking010.jpg

th_ValveStemcracking008.jpg

Well I got the letter today about the cracking valve stems on all the 2007 Mustangs and some of the 2008’s.

I took a look at my Valve stems with a flash light and all 4 of them have a bunch of cracks around the base of the valve stem. Take a flash light and bend yours back to take a look.

Just what I want to do……have my dealer pull all my tires. Crap !!!! :banghead:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

th_ValveStemcracking010.jpg

th_ValveStemcracking008.jpg

Was this a recall letter?

Yup, it was a bad batch of Chinese valve stems. Here is my thread from Nov. - Bad batch of valve stems on 2007 Fords

Looks like they finally made it a recall or "program" whatever that means. Sorry to hear this effected you Grabber and I know what you mean about having them touch your tires. :censored:

Just checked I'm good. I am just past the date.

Yup, it was a bad batch of Chinese valve stems. Here is my thread from Nov. - Bad batch of valve stems on 2007 Fords

Looks like they finally made it a recall or "program" whatever that means. Sorry to hear this effected you Grabber and I know what you mean about having them touch your tires. :censored:

I'm going to have to babysit the operation. Show them how to Jack the car up correctly and show them how to use a hand lug wrench. No air gun because when tire jockys use the air gun with the big lug on it....they will scar up the edges of the rim in a hearbeat and screw up the lug nuts. It's pretty much a sure screw up unless you voice your concern up front and show them your nice rims before they start so when it happens they can buy you brand new ones.

I'm going to have to babysit the operation. Show them how to Jack the car up correctly and show them how to use a hand lug wrench. No air gun because when tire jockys use the air gun with the big lug on it....they will scar up the edges of the rim in a hearbeat and screw up the lug nuts. It's pretty much a sure screw up unless you voice your concern up front and show them your nice rims before they start so when it happens they can buy you brand new ones.

You know how much they like to be babysat. Such a pain in the :censored:

Just a thaught Grabber;

Take the weels off yourself in your garage then take just the weels to the Dealer????? :)

Just a thaught Grabber;

Take the weels off yourself in your garage then take just the weels to the Dealer????? :)

Yep....but they will want to see the tires on the car first to make sure it's from my car.

It's odd that this is not a recall.

SPECIAL FIELD ACTION

09L03Certain 2007-2008 Vehicle Lines - Tire Valve Stem Inspection and Maintenance Reminder NOTE: This service action should ONLY be performed if requested by the vehicle owner

Just a thaught Grabber;

On all my vehicles, if I can, I bring the tire and wheel assembly only to the shop.

This way nobody scuffs up the wheels.

ItalianStallion

This type of car needs steel valve stems. I replaced all of mine when i first bought it. Its also in rule books of any kind of racing. Valve stems have to be steel. You can buy them on line for a couple of bucks each.

How ironic. I just brought my 72 Bronco out of storage to change it's batteries, oil, coolant, tire service, etc, and discovered that three out of five (spare tire) valve stems are now cracked at their bases.

The valve stems and American Racing wheels were installed about 5 years ago, I wonder if wheel polishing chemicals are breaking the cheap (Chineese?) stems down.

I must now check the stems on the Snake to see how they are doing...

Hi Dave am back....my clutch is still as smooth as silk and i have now 4800 miles on it so far. More cruising now on Woodward.

Wow Sharabi is back.....How you been doing??????

I see you been getting more miles on your Shelby than I have.....

And I live in Sunny So. Cal............ :censored: Time to go :shift:

Just checked I'm good. I am just past the date.

I thought there was a thread about it a while back. Also, Discount Tire put an advisory on there web site months ago.

Valve Stem Advisory

Boy! You guys really take the cake. Can't pass up the chance to slam mechanics or dealers at every turn. :cry:

Archived