TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Team Shelby Member Is Going To Be First.......................

............. to receive their 2010 GT500 ?

Almost feel like there should be a prize for the 1st Team Shelby member to take delivery of their 2010 GT500. Hmmm.....

Either way posting pics is a must.

Steve

[/quot

Agree how about a free GT500 hat,color coordinated to the posters car color.Ive already ordered my hat,and the car will be here 6/19

I just read this on another forum.

"I have some bad news for all of us.

Yesterday, talked face to face with a person who is a Vice President at Ford. Won't tell you who or why. He is also a Mustang enthusiast and was very helpful. I mentioned that many folks were waiting for their 2010 GT500s, and that we really didn't know what was going on. He asked me for the VIN and my phone number and said that he would find out for sure. Today he called back.

Bottom line: all of our GT500s are on hold again, this time for the clutches. According to Ford Direct and my dealer, my vehicle has already shipped. But it has not, and is in fact still sitting at Flat Rock. This Vice President said that the VVS and Ford Direct systems simply haven't caught up with the latest change; in fact as of this morning Ford Direct is still saying that my car will be at the dealership next Tuesday (the 16th). The new delivery date that he mentioned to me was: release from the plant not later than June 26th, to my dealership (in SC) by July 4th. He indicated that this delay applied to ALL 2010 GT500s. So you'll probably want to check with your dealership or Ford Direct in the next few days, because their systems will probably begin showing a change to the delivery date. Sorry, its killing me too."

I just read this on another forum.

"I have some bad news for all of us.

Yesterday, talked face to face with a person who is a Vice President at Ford. Won't tell you who or why. He is also a Mustang enthusiast and was very helpful. I mentioned that many folks were waiting for their 2010 GT500s, and that we really didn't know what was going on. He asked me for the VIN and my phone number and said that he would find out for sure. Today he called back.

Bottom line: all of our GT500s are on hold again, this time for the clutches. According to Ford Direct and my dealer, my vehicle has already shipped. But it has not, and is in fact still sitting at Flat Rock. This Vice President said that the VVS and Ford Direct systems simply haven't caught up with the latest change; in fact as of this morning Ford Direct is still saying that my car will be at the dealership next Tuesday (the 16th). The new delivery date that he mentioned to me was: release from the plant not later than June 26th, to my dealership (in SC) by July 4th. He indicated that this delay applied to ALL 2010 GT500s. So you'll probably want to check with your dealership or Ford Direct in the next few days, because their systems will probably begin showing a change to the delivery date. Sorry, its killing me too."

If this is true why is the grabber blue on the lot at the dealership?????? This clutch issue was posted in another thread some where on this forum. I wonder if it is true? If so one more delay that sucks. It'll be fall by time the cars show up just in time to park for the winter. :headscratch:

Good catch Zdog. I've didn't get a cahnce to check ebay this morning.

The dealer says they received it June9th.

And as about 1/2 hour ago it is SOLD

For a best offer of $50,370

Steve

Nice Update! Well at least one is on the road or will be soon.

Cobra09

This one was just delivered:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...363#post5851363

The post was from last night so there is still hope.

Roger

Kind of wierd that it was already in the dealers showroom with plates on it, and not dealer plates. Unless RZN1022 is some sort of dealer plate.

Wonder how many "test drive" miles were put on it before delivery.

Also makes you wonder if stripe delete cars are getting out first.

Steve

Just talked with Ford customer service and my new baby was put on the rail car yesterday. There was a hold on it on the 9th of June. It is somewhere in Ohio now and suppose to have a delivery date between the 19-26 June.

Vin# 1ZVBP8KS8A5121751 ordered on 23 Feb and was finally built the first week of June :shift:

Just talked with Ford customer service and my new baby was put on the rail car yesterday. There was a hold on it on the 9th of June. It is somewhere in Ohio now and suppose to have a delivery date between the 19-26 June.

Vin# 1ZVBP8KS8A5121751 ordered on 23 Feb and was finally built the first week of June :shift:

What are they doing with the cars built from say March to now? R they just sitting in the parking lot or are they doing the corrections and shipping them? :headscratch:

What are they doing with the cars built from say March to now? R they just sitting in the parking lot or are they doing the corrections and shipping them? :headscratch:

I would like to know too, I just called Ford customer service and they have no update of where my car is...Im assuming our cars are just sitting outside collecting dust and bird poop while newly produced ones drive right by to the rail car <_<

Ok the first TS Forum member to e-mail me at Sharone@shelbyautos.com with a photo of them with there new 2010 Shelby car at their home. Will get a prize in the Mail. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Kind of wierd that it was already in the dealers showroom with plates on it, and not dealer plates. Unless RZN1022 is some sort of dealer plate.

Wonder how many "test drive" miles were put on it before delivery.

Also makes you wonder if stripe delete cars are getting out first.

Steve

Steve,

All the posts I have seen is some have made it out of the gate. There was one at a dealer on the ground on ebay. It didn't have stripes either, so maybe because they didn't have to wait for striping they got out before they started holding the cars?

Roger

Steve,

All the posts I have seen is some have made it out of the gate. There was one at a dealer on the ground on ebay. It didn't have stripes either, so maybe because they didn't have to wait for striping they got out before they started holding the cars?

Roger

That car that sold on eBay, from a dealer in IL, was Grabber Blue with White Stripes...

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-FORD-M...#ht_1185wt_1782

I think thats in line with what we have been seeing. This is exciting stuff. It reminds me of when these cars were first being released and Grabber was providing us with the birdie updates. As much as I love this gt500 I think the new mustang variants are all going to be great. The 427R looks good and I know there are some SE variants of the 5.0 that will be pushing it into the 425 hp range. I sat in a 2010 gt and then immediately jumped in a 09 gt500. I can't wait to get my 2011 gt500 as you can really see the progression. The interior really is that much better. Here's to your next effort and thank you for providing us younger folks the ability to own shelby's again. It has been a dream since I started driving at 18.

Roger

So how come these cars are not showing on forddirect.com? Is that web site tied into the same computer system ford uses to give you status updates when you call? If so maybe they arent updating the GT500s when the ship because of the backlogs...IDK im just fishing for answers.

posted on other forums that 1st gt500 showed up at my dealer outside buffalo ny this morning , dealer claims he did not know it shipped yet but it is here low number 104xxx black with black stripes coupe , my salesman called me when truck showed up he was still there when i got there said he picked up in mich friday

Archived