TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone paint their stock calipers?

I just ordered the Baer rotors for my AGT and thought it would look a lot better with painted calipers...I would like to avoid buying new brakes, so the replacement rotors, upgraded pads, etc. made more sense.....I think I have seen several cars on here with what appear to be stock calipers but are painted. Anyone do this? Any advice? I would guess it would be much easier to remove them completely first, but an explanation of the process, type of paint, etc. would be helpful......

I just ordered the Baer rotors for my AGT and thought it would look a lot better with painted calipers...I would like to avoid buying new brakes, so the replacement rotors, upgraded pads, etc. made more sense.....I think I have seen several cars on here with what appear to be stock calipers but are painted. Anyone do this? Any advice? I would guess it would be much easier to remove them completely first, but an explanation of the process, type of paint, etc. would be helpful......

Hey there,

Havent tried it (yet) - but DupliColor makes a kit that is brush on. The kit comes with cleaner, paint, brushes, etc. Have seen others that have used it and it comes out real nice looking.

Just a thought.

Page

I painted my stock calipers 2 weeks ago. Duplicolor and G2 sell kits to do the whole process. Instead of using the caliper paint, I opted for Duplicolor Engine Enamel. They have a lot more color choices. I went with Ford Blue. Matches nicely with my Ford Racing center caps. I also ordered the Baer rotors and according to tracking, they should be at my house today. I will post up pics after I have them on. Here's a video from Duplicolor on the process.

I painted my stock calipers 2 weeks ago. Duplicolor and G2 sell kits to do the whole process. Instead of using the caliper paint, I opted for Duplicolor Engine Enamel. They have a lot more color choices. I went with Ford Blue. Matches nicely with my Ford Racing center caps. I also ordered the Baer rotors and according to tracking, they should be at my house today. I will post up pics after I have them on. Here's a video from Duplicolor on the process.

Did you brush or spray the engine enamel? On the car I assume...?

I painted my stock rotors last fall using the Duplicolor kit (red). Left the rotors on the car when I painted and they came out real nice. Added slotted and dimpled rotors and ceramic this fro Brake Perfomance. They look great. The rotors are black anodized so you don't get that ugly rust around the hud. Word of caution when you paint, be patient and take your time. I think you will like the results.

It looks like my calipers were painted silver from the show room. I bought the Duplicolor kit (silver) to redo them but they still look good so I'm going to wait until I put my new Baer rotors and Hawk pads in.

A couple of guys at work have the stock mustangs and their calipers are all rusting, which makes me believe that our SGT's were painted silver. Is that true?

I used the G2 paint. Be quick about it, it dries in 4 hours and all four need to get done by then, Have 4 jack stands ready and some blue tape.

I did not take them off and they turned out great.

I get a lot of compliments.

They match my pit stripes and the red on the Badge.

I bought the more expensive color (they have special colors for Mustangs) and it is a perfect match.

post-22367-1244685566_thumb.jpg

post-22367-1244685643_thumb.jpg

post-22367-1244685566_thumb.jpg

post-22367-1244685643_thumb.jpg

I used the G2 paint. Be quick about it, it dries in 4 hours and all four need to get done by then, Have 4 jack stands ready and some blue tape.

I bought the more expensive color (they have special colors for Mustangs) and it is a perfect match.

I like it!!!

Edit ~ Do you have a part # (Torch Red or Red Fire) or website for future reference???

Might have to add that MOD to my list of things to do next winter :happy feet:

Gregg

07SGT0547

The 06 Hertz cars had black painted calipers from Shelby. However, that must have been pretty thin spray on paint. Mine were peeled pretty bad when I got mine. I used the Duplicolor Black brush on paint and it has stayed very nice for a year now. You can get the Duplicolor brush caliper paint at Checker/Orielys. I know that I heated them up pretty good in Terlingua, and the paint still looks great!

I picked up the exact same paint yesterday. I plan on changing to the ss brakes lines and will paint them while they are off the car when I do the lines. I think the blue will look great on a white car.

I picked up the exact same paint yesterday. I plan on changing to the ss brakes lines and will paint them while they are off the car when I do the lines. I think the blue will look great on a white car.

They do look nice, but with the stock rotors, it kinda takes away from the look. I received my Baer Rotors yesterday and plan on putting them on Saturday. I'll post up pics once their on.

They do look nice, but with the stock rotors, it kinda takes away from the look. I received my Baer Rotors yesterday and plan on putting them on Saturday. I'll post up pics once their on.

Evan, I think you should take the day off, put them on and post pics this afternoon!

(:

Ok, here's a pic of my front and rear wheels with my painted calipers and Baer rotors.

post-20530-1244917505_thumb.jpgpost-20530-1244917512_thumb.jpg

Pictures are kinda big, so you may have to click on it twice to get it to full size.

That turned out great tek! Nice work and thanks for the pics.

Where's the link to this paint kit? I remember it in HardLuck's thread awhile back, but I can't find that either. :headscratch:

Ken

That does give it something special, appears very detailed.

That turned out great tek! Nice work and thanks for the pics.

Where's the link to this paint kit? I remember it in HardLuck's thread awhile back, but I can't find that either. :headscratch:

Ken

Thanks Ken. Here's the link to the Duplicolor kit. Not sure if this is the one your looking for.

http://duplicolor.com/products/caliper.html

Archived