TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Top speed on 2 or 4 wheels!

yamahar1

Hey guys, I know someone started a thread about speeding tickets a while ago. I thought this might be interesting, and a little politically incorrect, to start out a thread about top speed :banvictory: you have been to either on a motorcycle, car, truck, or whatever vehicle without getting a ticket, either on the public streets or on a racetrack. I don't live near a racetrack, so the road is my racetrack. I have had my motorcycle up to 185MPH on the speedo, which is about 170-175MPH due to the speedo error of about 5-7% that is present on all sport bikes that I know of. I am not bragging, because I am sure some of you guys have blown that number out the window, but it was pretty fast for me! As far as 4 wheel speed, I have had my old GT 'stang up to 130MPH. I was just thinking about this yesterday because it was nearly 65 degrees for a couple of hours here in Michigan and I had the bike out for probably the last time this year! I was looking for that proud Corvette owner or GT500 owner(there are not many of these around yet) to burst their bubble a little bit about the speed of their car! Don't flame me, I was just having a little fun, to each his own, and the man did not catch me. What are new mustangs limited to as far as top speed? Anyway, if I do sell the bike to get a new stang, I will miss the instant adrenaline of my bike, man that thing is fast. Have fun and be safe people!

P.S. For you fans, I brought the big butt girl back, she was feeling a little neglected. Oh, yeah, also, I posted this in the mustang section because it looks like all the topic titles are changed now??? This used to be like open discusstions or something, but it is gone now? Later

I know that you consider my Harley RoadKing a old mans bike. This old man has had it up to 80 MPH a few times. I know it will go faster, but I do not care to see. I enjoy relaxing when I ride, and that means not pushing the limits. As for a car, 85 in my Mustang is all I care to go, but rarely.

I enjoy the quickness instead of top speed. :shift:

PS

I see you are now going undercover with your Avatar.

Growing pains.

I know that you consider my Harley RoadKing a old mans bike. This old man has had it up to 80 MPH a few times. I know it will go faster, but I do not care to see. I enjoy relaxing when I ride, and that means not pushing the limits. As for a car, 85 in my Mustang is all I care to go, but rarely.

I enjoy the quickness instead of top speed. :shift:

PS

I see you are now going undercover with your Avatar.

Growing pains.

Hey, like I said to each his own! Trust me though, after 170MPH, 85 feels like 25! It is crazy. I guess I am getting older though, I saw that speed about 7 years ago! Oh about the avator, I am in a hotel with crappy low speed wireless. I brought the big butt girl back because she was feeling neglected. It just took forever to upload it! Later Rob,,,,,,Enjoy that Harly, is it getting cold where you are? Are you a year round rider? I pretty much cut it off at 50 degrees F! Later.

Hey, like I said to each his own! Trust me though, after 170MPH, 85 feels like 25! It is crazy. I guess I am getting older though, I saw that speed about 7 years ago! Oh about the avator, I am in a hotel with crappy low speed wireless. I brought the big butt girl back because she was feeling neglected. It just took forever to upload it! Later Rob,,,,,,Enjoy that Harly, is it getting cold where you are? Are you a year round rider? I pretty much cut it off at 50 degrees F! Later.

We are getting ready to break a 10 year record for the most rain in WA tonight for the month of Nov. The Temps at night are dropping to 36, and monday maybe 17. Day temps are 50. I hate riding in the rain. I did a 100 mile cruz last Wed. when it was dry out. It is almost time to put the battery tender on my bike for a bit. I do have a set of Hand Muffs that go on the handle grips for dry cold winter riding. I just hate riding in the rain.

You must be working out of town ? I know that gig. no fun.

Rob

B)

We are getting ready to break a 10 year record for the most rain in WA tonight for the month of Nov. The Temps at night are dropping to 36, and monday maybe 17. Day temps are 50. I hate riding in the rain. I did a 100 mile cruz last Wed. when it was dry out. It is almost time to put the battery tender on my bike for a bit. I do have a set of Hand Muffs that go on the handle grips for dry cold winter riding. I just hate riding in the rain.

You must be working out of town ? I know that gig. no fun.

Rob

B)

Yeah, I have only ridden in the rain a couple of times, and not by choice, more like by accident. In Augusta Georgia in the military we used to have times of the year when it would rain every day for like 10 to 15 minutes. Your Harley does not have heated handlebars? I thought those things had everything on em like radio's and air conditioning and such :hysterical2: . I am sure it is a nice ride though, just not my style yet as your know! Be safe on the road, there are crazy drivers in Washington also, been there a few times, and yeah, the road life does suck sometimes, but it pays the bills!

Archived