TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 SGT Muffler Question

Does anyone know of a fix or TSB for an exhaust tip vibration?

My wife's 07 SGT (daily driver with 3,400 miles) has a noise that sounds like a metal to metal vibration at the exhaust tip on the driver's side. It's most noticable on start up, when the engine is cold. Visually, the tip and muffler hanger appear to have good welds. And there is no contact with the body, frame, etc.

I'm trying to keep the car stock, so swapping to an aftermarket exhaust isn't an option. And I hate the thought of replacing them with the stock part, only to have the same problem.

Any help is appreciated!

Ask and Ye shall receive:

All you have to do is take it in to your local Ford Dealer... This is a well documented issue with the '07 SGT and Ford Racing is well aware of the problem... It should be fixed under waranty and you will get a brand new set (at least mine were BOTH replaced) of OEM Mufflers...

Turns out everything was welded correctly on the early mufflers, just not in the CORRECT spots...

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

All you have to do is take it in to your local Ford Dealer... This is a well documented issue with the '07 SGT and Ford Racing is well aware of the problem... It should be fixed under waranty and you will get a brand new set (at least mine were BOTH replaced) of OEM Mufflers...

Turns out everything was welded correctly on the early mufflers, just not in the CORRECT spots...

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

Me too! Mine does it after a warm-up when I get the scoop fixed I can get that done too.

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

Anybody have the actual TSB?

Does anyone know of a fix or TSB for an exhaust tip vibration?

That is one of the three things being done to my SGT except they are swapping out the whole muffler. On about a three week wait. Not happy about having an unbalanced sound but that's the way it is.

I am also having the new synchro's installed - backordered for about three weeks.

And the final scoop and new hood stripes.....

.......in about three weeks.

(music playing) "the waiting is the hardest part..."

I have ~17k miles on my car.

I don't know if there is a TSB but what you hear is the internal baffle plates of the muffler that have worked themselves loose. At least that's how it was explained to me! Mine was replaced no questions asked after a quick drive with the Tech.

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

Thanks for the assist! I'll see if I can get it taken care of during the next oil change.

07SGT0254

Archived