TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th package for 08's & 09's

I saw on the Q&A with Amy B. that there will be another SAI package available. Could it be a continuation of the 40th package to year models other than 2007? :headscratch:

I can`t see them offering a 40Th package as it is strictly for 07`. 08`-09` are not 40th anniv. cars.

I agree with you, however as some one pointed out that GT500's were also built in 1968 and 1969. So theyre perspective is that a 2008 is a 40th anniversary of the 1968 car. I was just wondering.

I have sent a pm to Amy on this when the thread first came out expressing concern for issuing the same package but calling it something different. The 40th guys were the first to sign up for the branded after market modifications from the new SAI. Several of us stayed, even after the SS came out and modified our 40th to get the SS performance but kept the key elements of the 40th.

I thought it would be somewhat disingenious to ignore those folks and their loyalty. I offered up a shopping list of alternatives that SAI could offer and call it anything they wanted, but felt that the 40th package should be left to 2007 model year only. Amy is sensitive to that position and I believe that something will be offered for model years after 2007 but the package will differ from the 40th.

I agree with you, however as some one pointed out that GT500's were also built in 1968 and 1969. So theyre perspective is that a 2008 is a 40th anniversary of the 1968 car. I was just wondering.

Good. We can have another MUSTANG 45TH ANNIVERSARY celebration next year to celebrate the 1965 Mustang.

Yay! Back to Birmingham. We can do the same anniversary every year.

I have sent a pm to Amy on this when the thread first came out expressing concern for issuing the same package but calling it something different. The 40th guys were the first to sign up for the branded after market modifications from the new SAI. Several of us stayed, even after the SS came out and modified our 40th to get the SS performance but kept the key elements of the 40th.

I thought it would be somewhat disingenious to ignore those folks and their loyalty. I offered up a shopping list of alternatives that SAI could offer and call it anything they wanted, but felt that the 40th package should be left to 2007 model year only. Amy is sensitive to that position and I believe that something will be offered for model years after 2007 but the package will differ from the 40th.

CF, thanks, good to to know.

I would love to get a 40th 2008 packaged car....

There should be a package for the 08 and above cars, we just think that it should differ from the 40th package. There is a ton of different stuff that SAI could offer in this package and make it unique to each model year. Everybody wins.

There should be a package for the 08 and above cars, we just think that it should differ from the 40th package. There is a ton of different stuff that SAI could offer in this package and make it unique to each model year. Everybody wins.

Does this mean it's alright to have a a different 40th package for each model year as long as SAI maks the GT500? I can see it now, people ask which year 40th do you have, a 07,08,09,10,or2011? It's confusing as it is with the 07 40th,40th KR and the 40th Super Snake. If the package is called something other than a 40th anniversary, this would be fine. b17drvr got it right, we could celebrate each new package at Birmingham, and have a blast. I sure did!

Does this mean it's alright to have a a different 40th package for each model year as long as SAI maks the GT500? I can see it now, people ask which year 40th do you have, a 07,08,09,10,or2011? It's confusing as it is with the 07 40th,40th KR and the 40th Super Snake. If the package is called something other than a 40th anniversary, this would be fine. b17drvr got it right, we could celebrate each new package at Birmingham, and have a blast. I sure did!

GT,

I'm doing a poor job of communicating. For starters, I believe the only 40th stuff (by name with badging) that will be available is what SAI has already produced, i.e., KR, SS, and 40th Ann GT500. When these programs close down, I think they are out of the 40th business moving on to 45th or whatever.

My concern is that they would offer the exact same package as the 40th but call it something different. Some people have asked for this. If SAI were to do this, it doesn't make the 40th Anniversary much of an item, which is what we signed up for. The number started with 1,000 units, then went to 500, and it's rumored that there will only be 300, but who knows for sure.

I suggested to Amy that they could do a package for other model years and equip it with modifications that were different than the 40th and call the package whatever they wanted. Folks that have a GT500 and want to Shelbyize them without having to do the full blown SS should have some options. This seems to me to just be good businsess by building the brand availability.

GT,

I'm doing a poor job of communicating. For starters, I believe the only 40th stuff (by name with badging) that will be available is what SAI has already produced, i.e., KR, SS, and 40th Ann GT500. When these programs close down, I think they are out of the 40th business moving on to 45th or whatever.

My concern is that they would offer the exact same package as the 40th but call it something different. Some people have asked for this. If SAI were to do this, it doesn't make the 40th Anniversary much of an item, which is what we signed up for. The number started with 1,000 units, then went to 500, and it's rumored that there will only be 300, but who knows for sure.

I suggested to Amy that they could do a package for other model years and equip it with modifications that were different than the 40th and call the package whatever they wanted. Folks that have a GT500 and want to Shelbyize them without having to do the full blown SS should have some options. This seems to me to just be good businsess by building the brand availability.

+1 good explanation

GT,

Well said cobrafan.

GT,

We were told that ONLY the 2007 would be 40th.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the details on the new SE package for the '08 & '09s has been released. So if I am reading it correctly, it looks like the new SE package will retain the factory stripes. So no Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS) for the SE's. This works great from my perspective which is that you should be able to tell these packages apart at a glance or passing. Seems like it will still be easy to tell us 40th's apart from everything else.

So I guess the verts. with the SE package will continue to not have any stripes. I am interested in seeing these CF hood vents however...

Well amy did it, they took the same package and called it something different. I can see it now, it is not the same package because of the stripe and wheels.The 500SE is not a new model, it is the same as a 40th with the same components and options. Special Edition my a--, it's 95% the same as a 40th. The GT500SE has a little less than a 40th but charging $4,000.00 more or35% with a 10% discount if you place a reservation before Dec.31st doesn't add. If they couldn't sale the full 1000 40th's at $11,000, how are they going to move the 500SE by raising the price in this economy?

I believe they took away from the KR with the 2010 gt500.

Most people that bought the Shelby gt was because of their budget, I guess in this recession they now have the $11,000 -$31,000 plus tax and shipping to upgrade.

Now the super snake, which was first believe but never confirmed to be a two year run has turned to at least 4 years. And what makes the ss so cool at first was the 725 hp,which is now on the 40th, KR, 500SE. Not very exclusive!

I don't see six new models but the same ones with a slight change and different name.

I have a feeling they will destroy the 427 package also.

Lately we have seen some nice 40th's and Super snakes on ebay.Do these people see something that is not good, or is it the economy or other reasons?. KR prices keep dropping after the release of the 2010 GT500.

Guys, I love my car and think the world of Carroll Shelby (Bud and the girls too) but I feel the value of all these wonderful cars being called something different or over produced is not the way to go. Lets see a true new model with different components and called something different, like the Shelby gt350 or King Cobra. The big money guys at SAI should come up with something more original than copy another ideal. Trying to satisfy a few that got left out is not going to help the over 30,000 Shelby owners today. If Ford keep building the Ford GT, it would not be what it is today. I hope this is not the case and things will work out, but right this minute this is how I feel.

We were told that ONLY the 2007 would be 40th.

The 2007 40th package is the only 2007 40th package.

The 2008 40th package went to KRs and select other 08s.

The 2009 40th package went on the KR Vert and Coupe.

The 2010 40th package will go on 2010s converted to Super Snake.

I think after 2010 we can count on the 40th going to the Dodge (Fiat) lines.

Then we will see the 2012 45th introduced at Carroll's 90th Birthday Bash.

The 45th package will have the same 4 year life span the 40th has enjoyed, followed by the Dodge (Fiat) 40th lines.

We all have unique cars........ just not the exclusive, collectible, valued asset we hoped for. Which explains why Amy stressed that we drive and enjoy our cars, because we will not (in our lifetimes) realize the values we were counting on.

Long Live Carroll Shelby!!!!!!!!

I Want A 50th!

I think Obama will f#$k things up so bad that we may be using our cars like Mad Max!

I wonder if the 50th will come with Machine gun mounts!

I think Obama will f#$k things up so bad that we may be using our cars like Mad Max! :cry:

I wonder if the 50th will come with Machine gun mounts! :hysterical:

I'm covered, 76mm! :D

Gun2.jpg

So is the wife, 30mm . . .

Gun1.jpg

Well amy did it, they took the same package and called it something different. I can see it now, it is not the same package because of the stripe and wheels.The 500SE is not a new model, it is the same as a 40th with the same components and options. Special Edition my a--, it's 95% the same as a 40th. The GT500SE has a little less than a 40th but charging $4,000.00 more or35% with a 10% discount if you place a reservation before Dec.31st doesn't add. If they couldn't sale the full 1000 40th's at $11,000, how are they going to move the 500SE by raising the price in this economy?

I hear what you’re sayin but except for the hood, wheels and stripes/script the 40th (w/blower) is a Super Snake and it is generally understood that they are not nearly the same car.

Personally, I don’t have a problem with the 07’s-010’s being a Special Edition since it is different enough than my 40th to be different. Besides, they’re offering 500 for each model year but how many will be sold and how many 2007 owners that were going to go for the 40th will now decide to go for the SE? The less 40th’s there are the more excusive they will be right?

The 2007 40th package is the only 2007 40th package.

The 2008 40th package went to KRs and select other 08s.

The 2009 40th package went on the KR Vert and Coupe.

The 2010 40th package will go on 2010s converted to Super Snake.

I think after 2010 we can count on the 40th going to the Dodge (Fiat) lines.

Then we will see the 2012 45th introduced at Carroll's 90th Birthday Bash.

The 45th package will have the same 4 year life span the 40th has enjoyed, followed by the Dodge (Fiat) 40th lines.

We all have unique cars........ just not the exclusive, collectible, valued asset we hoped for. Which explains why Amy stressed that we drive and enjoy our cars, because we will not (in our lifetimes) realize the values we were counting on.

Long Live Carroll Shelby!!!!!!!!

I Want A 50th!

I think Obama will f#$k things up so bad that we may be using our cars like Mad Max!

I wonder if the 50th will come with Machine gun mounts!

Forgive me if you’re being facetious but;

40th= 2007 model year, 1967= 1st year for GT500

40th= 2008 GT500KR (2009 KR did not have the 40th badges I do believe) 1968= 1st year for GT500KR

There are no other 40th’s that I know of (although there may be a 45th in 010 if the GT350 is brought back)

Just trying to put a happy(er) face on this, besides I’ll go out no a limb here and say we all want Shelby to be prosperous.

I hear what you're sayin but except for the hood, wheels and stripes/script the 40th (w/blower) is a Super Snake and it is generally understood that they are not nearly the same car.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the 07's-010's being a Special Edition since it is different enough than my 40th to be different. Besides, they're offering 500 for each model year but how many will be sold and how many 2007 owners that were going to go for the 40th will now decide to go for the SE? The less 40th's there are the more excusive they will be right?

Forgive me if you're being facetious but;

40th= 2007 model year, 1967= 1st year for GT500

40th= 2008 GT500KR (2009 KR did not have the 40th badges I do believe) 1968= 1st year for GT500KR

There are no other 40th's that I know of (although there may be a 45th in 010 if the GT350 is brought back)

Just trying to put a happy(er) face on this, besides I'll go out no a limb here and say we all want Shelby to be prosperous.

Well said, let me add one but. I don't think you will see anybody with a 07 pay $4,000 more for the SE. I still feel the two have basically the same signature. Then again don't all the different models of GT500's have the same chemistry. The only Shelby's that are really different are the ShelbyGT and the GT500.Oops, I hope I didn't open that darn door again. You are not out on the limb, most if not all folks want Shelby to be prosperous.

smile.gif

I just got back from Mid America. Great time, save for the extreme heat.

Well, I had hoped that the "SE" would not have basically the same signature as the 40th, but it looks like it does. Shelby does have a business to run and we need to understand that key point.

My take is the 40th will still be cut from the clutter eventually. I think we had 4 at Tulsa versus at least a dozen maybe more SS.s. Three 40ths at the track and another at the show. This is the first post title package that Shelby offered. There is always something special about being the first year.

Next, how many more years will the Obama administration let these cars be produced? Maybe 3 years at the outside. I currently cannot even drive my car in CA. How long will it be until CA standards become the national norm? Probably the same three years. Many have mentioned that there will not be that many conversions due to the economy. I agree and then the production run will end on the muscle car era and we will all be happy to have been a part of it.

Keeping the original factory stripe is really a great benefit for the SE owners as they get exactly what they wanted with a Shelby factory signature. Yea Shelby.

Mike said it best, you need to drive these while you can and enjoy them while you can. Eventually it will take a special permit to drive a limited number of miles and it will cost you through the nose for the permit. When cap and trade passes the Senate, watch out. The end will be just around the corner.

Can't disagree with you Don, I think you hit the nail right on the head.On another note the SE could become the least produce model, even less than our 40th's. I don't see that many 08 and 09's being upgraded with all that is going on. Glad to hear you had a great time last weekend.

Archived