TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Bumper Removal

-all the wheel well push screw clips and bolts are off

-all the screw clips along the underside are off

-the top two bolts on near the very front of the radiatior cover are off

but there still seems to be something pretty sturdy holding the front bumper cover on, i was told there's a couple bolts somewhere but i cant find them. From feeling the looseness of the bumper i THINK they are somewhere around the headlight housings.

anyone have experience with this?

its gotta be Part #5 on that PDF document, that's where it still feels tight, when i wiggle the bumper around. And thats the only part i didnt unscrew or pop off....on another note i have no clue where that part is, unless you have to get under the car under the headlight assembly perhaps

EDIT

by the way, where did you find that PDF document....i would LOVE to have a manual like that on file.

its gotta be Part #5 on that PDF document, that's where it still feels tight, when i wiggle the bumper around. And thats the only part i didnt unscrew or pop off....on another note i have no clue where that part is, unless you have to get under the car under the headlight assembly perhaps

EDIT

by the way, where did you find that PDF document....i would LOVE to have a manual like that on file.

It's not clear in the picture but you have to remove the left and right front fender spash shields to get to the two inside bolts (#5 on both sides) and to disconnect the lights (#6 on both sides).

Then you should be able to pull it forward and off fairly easily.

If you are looking for Ford Service Manuals with .pdf drawings and removal/installation procedures then try something like this:

Ford Service Manual on E-Bay

thanks Tekheavy, i got the front bumper off with ease, thanks to that PDF document.

and now i have template, traced and in the mail already. On its way to APR to see how well they make the 1st SGT Custom Front Wind Splitter. Ill post pictures in a few weeks, when that wind splitter arrives and i install it.

thanks Tekheavy, i got the front bumper off with ease, thanks to that PDF document.

and now i have template, traced and in the mail already. On its way to APR to see how well they make the 1st SGT Custom Front Wind Splitter. Ill post pictures in a few weeks, when that wind splitter arrives and i install it.

Your welcome. Glad I could help. I'll be curious to see how it looks when It's done.

Lethal performance also has good directions for removal to allow for the intercooler coil installation and they have Pictures.

When reassembling be sure the stirafoam peice goes back with the top side up or will have problems reinstalling the bumper.

It will not aleign with the the lights.

Aesthetically....I have feeling it will be either gorgeous or atrocious...kind of depends on if you like that race look too. Either way, the functionality is definitely there.

I know its slightly sacrilegious...but there's still a little bit of import tuning to be flushed from my system. If you read my About me page you can see an example of a car i used to be more into. But I've moved on. My two rides are night and day.

Archived