TEAM SHELBY FORUM

On its way

greggara

The dealer that told you that Fords only allocating SOLD units is WRONG! I was informed at the beginning of the run that we would get FOUR allocations. Didnt matter if it was sold or stock. Now because the first 3 were retail orders I think Ford pulled 2 of them quick. There are some stock orders showing up on ebay!

MM

So do you think this means this guy isnt "opted in" or have all his ducks in a row? If so would I be looking at an earlier delivery time if I went with someone who is, or should I stick with this order since I've already got it in? I dont wanna leave the guy hanging, but I'm not to keen on being lied to. And just like all of us here on this forum, we all want to be behind the wheel of our Shelbys ASAP.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do you think this means this guy isnt "opted in" or have all his ducks in a row? If so would I be looking at an earlier delivery time if I went with someone who is, or should I stick with this order since I've already got it in? I dont wanna leave the guy hanging, but I'm not to keen on being lied to. And just like all of us here on this forum, we all want to be behind the wheel of our Shelbys ASAP.

Did you put money down? If not it would be wise to call MM. I believe he has a couple allocations available. He has been straight forward with me the entire time.

Did you put money down? If not it would be wise to call MM. I believe he has a couple allocations available. He has been straight forward with me the whole time.

yeah I put $1000 down on the order. But last I heard order hasnt been pulled. I'm out in New Mexico does it matter where I am to MM?

Things are slow at work today, so I did a very unscientific study of 2010 GT500s that are listed as in-stock at U.S. dealerships. I counted 25 coupes and 2 convertibles. IL had the most of any state (three). LA, NY, IN, and OR have two each. VINs ranged from 103994 through 133135.

Mine is still nowhere in sight....

Things are slow at work today, so I did a very unscientific study of 2010 GT500s that are listed as in-stock at U.S. dealerships. I counted 25 coupes and 2 convertibles. IL had the most of any state (three). LA, NY, IN, and OR have two each. VINs ranged from 103994 through 133135.

Mine is still nowhere in sight....

Hey Baby G.

Went to dealer today first thing he walked up to me and showed me today's report no change in status on my car. Getting just about fed up. I made a mistake letting them sell my car, if all they had was my deposit I would get it back and advertise to dealers with SHelby's that want to sell them if they give me a good price go get it. But they currently hold $42,500 of my money after selling my 2009 SHelby.

I don't remember when I was this frustrated.

Cobra010

Went to dealer today first thing he walked up to me and showed me today's report no change in status on my car. Getting just about fed up. I made a mistake letting them sell my car, if all they had was my deposit I would get it back and advertise to dealers with SHelby's that want to sell them if they give me a good price go get it. But they currently hold $42,500 of my money after selling my 2009 SHelby.

Cobra010

Oh man. I had no idea that you traded in a 09 Shelby already. Wow...just wow. You would think that someone would be able to give you a name of a person directly related to the Shelby shipments within Ford that you could contact. I would think that after explaining the situation you're in, they would make some effort to get you some solid information. Especially since they're holding all that money too.

I called my dealer today and there's no change in my status either. It's been two weeks and I don't have a VIN number or anything...mind you I'm not comparing my situation to yours of course.

Hey Baby G.

Cobra010

Has your dealership received any 500's yet? Tell them to call their regional rep and get some info.

Ok, I may qualify...I placed my order with my dealer in NJ on may 27th 2009, here is were I need help, I have no build date, VIN, or anything just my long yellow form copy from dealer with price and my signature at bottom. The only other form I have is (Vehicle Order Confirmation) print out from computer at dealership it states (order no. 001, priority 10, order code 820a, price level 030) How the hell do all you pepole have these things such as build date and VIN and ship date (PLEASE HELP). I call my dealer they have no info, just saying it will probably be built this month some time or next month the latest....

some one get back to me with something...do I need to call ford customer service, or did i order mine late thats why they have no info...any help would be appreciated :headscratch:

I'm in NJ too (Northern) and dealer couldn't give VIN as of two weeks ago even though I left my deposit and got that long yellow receipt on April 23rd. They'll get a call in two weeks to see if the frame has a body. Go figure, they indicated my car was being assembled on the frame and couldn't give any more information. Maybe I should go visit them and talk to the chief BS artist and ask for their VOC and get to the bottom of this. The one comment I made to them that pissed them off was that this request is not based on a Flex or Fusion, but of a VIPs car - "a damn Shelby".

Maybe I'll call that dude in Detroit and ask if he *see's* any Kona with Satin Silver on the line and if it's destined for NJ. My dealer sells Roush, SVT, and Parnelli (with big #1 on the side). They're not qualified to sell them IMHO.

Has your dealership received any 500's yet? Tell them to call their regional rep and get some info.

NO,Not the first 2010 got 2 ordered and built but none delivered. Getting severley Urinated off.

Sorry, just sick and tired of not getting a decent answer from Someone. I am going to call Arning again Monday, last he told me last Thursday was that all mods had been completed and the car was on the ramp waiting to get enough to ship on the train.

Thanks

Cobra010

Oh man. I had no idea that you traded in a 09 Shelby already. Wow...just wow. You would think that someone would be able to give you a name of a person directly related to the Shelby shipments within Ford that you could contact. I would think that after explaining the situation you're in, they would make some effort to get you some solid information. Especially since they're holding all that money too.

I called my dealer today and there's no change in my status either. It's been two weeks and I don't have a VIN number or anything...mind you I'm not comparing my situation to yours of course.

Thanks Man,

You Guys have been like my support group.

Cobra010

Talked to the Sales Manager at my dealership who spoke with the regional representative. Got NOWHERE. Even the sales manager was saying stuff like "At first I thought the delay was because they shipped it to Nevada since it's a Shelby." WTF? How is it that I know more than these people? I told HIM about the specifics of the delays (airbag retrofit, clutch spring, etc.). He thanked ME for the information. I also let him know that the Shelbys don't go to Nevada anymore.

:banghead::censored::banghead::censored:

User name.........VIN............Build........State

Baby Gorilla.......119647.......6 May.......VA

Cobra010..........104196.......9 March.....GA

greggara...........106351.......6 May........MA

zeindog.............11578?........7 May........NJ

Still Intense.......105907........5 May.......SC

goldgus.............121521........3 June.......NJ

Fred13..............113190........8 May........TX

SmellSoGood.....??????.........? ????........NJ

Talked to the Sales Manager at my dealership who spoke with the regional representative. Got NOWHERE. Even the sales manager was saying stuff like "At first I thought the delay was because they shipped it to Nevada since it's a Shelby." WTF? How is it that I know more than these people? I told HIM about the specifics of the delays (airbag retrofit, clutch spring, etc.). He thanked ME for the information. I also let him know that the Shelbys don't go to Nevada anymore.

Should I assume this was Killmons Ford in Tysons??

You know when we are talking to the Ford people we need to refer to this car as SVT Cobra because...... that's what it is. Got Shelby name on it but he doesn't touch the thing, unless it is a Shelby GT, GT-H,or KR, or SS

Cobra010

Hey Baby G.

Cobra010

Cobra---you didnt ask for advice,but froma pure business realtionship, id tell the dealer you want your money NOW.If for some unkonwn reason, they file for bankruptcy,youre screwed.That money will be part of their assets and be distribted by a bankrupcy judge,and you wont have first call on the assets.Youll be lucky to get 10c/$.id do it just to do it, not as leevarge on your delivery.bob

Cobra---you didnt ask for advice,but froma pure business realtionship, id tell the dealer you want your money NOW.If for some unkonwn reason, they file for bankruptcy,youre screwed.That money will be part of their assets and be distribted by a bankrupcy judge,and you wont have first call on the assets.Youll be lucky to get 10c/$.id do it just to do it, not as leevarge on your delivery.bob

I'm gonna second that from Bob... With many dealers closing, or being closed (aka GM and Chrysler/FIAT) a large deposit is just hanging out there in the breeze... Especially since you said they bought your car from you, and they are holding that money against your new Shelby order... (making interest in their accounts, not yours). I would hate to see you get f-ed. Go get your money.

136283....NC.....was given a "delivery date" of 28 July....priority # 10

I got word from MM that my car was passing through Kentucky yesterday and should hopefully be to him by Wed.

When I spoke to Arning he informed me that the early builds were going to be retrofitted first meaning Cobra010 should have been fixed and shipped. Pure speculation on my part. Maybe they held it for QC?

thanks

[/quoteGood News--MM knows everything about where the car is at all times.I just had him wash the car,get rid of all the plastic in in the inside, and keep all the stickers that came with it.Dont forget to ask him for the factory invoice as well.It looked and drove great,probaly because it was just built 6/3.

If you do decide to drive it home,send me a PM and see if we could meet up for lunch on your way back--its really a great ride thru the Blue Maountains and Shenandoah Valley.If you had the time, id take the blue Ridge kwy part of the way--great drive with windy roads,scenery etc.

Mine hit the railyard Tues and he had it thurs at 9AM.If youre landing at Atl, Perry is about 1 1/2 hours due south on I-75--hes at the Sam Nunn exit off I-75,make a right,and hes 1/2 mile on the right.Bring a CD with you to try out the player

News--MM knows everything about where the car is at all times.I just had him wash the car,get rid of all the plastic in in the inside, and keep all the stickers that came with it.Dont forget to ask him for the factory invoice as well.It looked and drove great,probaly because it was just built 6/3.

If you do decide to drive it home,send me a PM and see if we could meet up for lunch on your way back--its really a great ride thru the Blue Maountains and Shenandoah Valley.If you had the time, id take the blue Ridge kwy part of the way--great drive with windy roads,scenery etc.

Mine hit the railyard Tues and he had it thurs at 9AM.If youre landing at Atl, Perry is about 1 1/2 hours due south on I-75--hes at the Sam Nunn exit off I-75,make a right,and hes 1/2 mile on the right.Bring a CD with you to try out the player

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Its looking like I will just have it transported up. I will let you know.

I got word from MM that my car was passing through Kentucky yesterday and should hopefully be to him by Wed.

When I spoke to Arning he informed me that the early builds were going to be retrofitted first meaning Cobra010 should have been fixed and shipped. Pure speculation on my part. Maybe they held it for QC?

Congrats on getting off the schneid list! When did you speak with Arning? I talked with him a week ago this past Thursday and he said the car was complete and at the lot waiting for enough cars to load on train. But I can not cofirm or deny that? All I know it is not here and I don't know where it is. Anyway this is not about me it is about your car coming good luck and enjoy it be safe.

Cobra010

Congrats on getting off the schneid list! When did you speak with Arning? I talked with him a week ago this past Thursday and he said the car was complete and at the lot waiting for enough cars to load on train. But I can not cofirm or deny that? All I know it is not here and I don't know where it is. Anyway this is not about me it is about your car coming good luck and enjoy it be safe.

Cobra010

Thanks buddy. Here is to hoping your Shelby is on the same train. :beerchug:

Thanks,

By the way when did you talk with Arning,

Cobra010

I talked with him a couple weeks ago. He told me my car wouldnt ship for at least 3 weeks and it ended being like a week and a half but I told him my car was built May 6 according to my online sticker. MM told me it was actually built in March but rebilled. Dont know what that means?

If our cars were built around the same time maybe, just maybe they are on the same train.

Archived