TEAM SHELBY FORUM

On its way

greggara

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cobra09: how sure of you of your build date? Reason that I ask is that mine was originally supposed to be built on March 17th, but it wasn't until May 5th.

99.9% Nothing 100% but death and taxes :hysterical:

Confirmed by Ralph Arning at Flat rock.

Vin 104196

Good Job Baby G! :happy feet: So far we are the 5 compadres :hysterical:

Looks like by the build dates I could be called the Old Man and the Sea :hysterical:

Keep up the good work it relieves some of the anxiety for me. :confused:

Cobra09

GOLDGUS 121521 was 5/7, window sticker now says 6/3 NJ

User name.........VIN............Build........State

Baby Gorilla.......119647.......6 May.......VA

Cobra09............104196.......9 March.....GA

greggara...........106351.......6 May........MA

zeindog.............11578?........7 May........NJ

Still Intense.......105907........5 May.......SC

goldgus.............121521........3 June.......NJ

Added goldgus.

Incidentally, just made my bi-weekly call to Ford Customer Relationship Center. She gave me an estimated delivery date of 29 May (yes, it is currently 17 June). She was trying to get my dealer on the line. I told her "Don't bother. They don't know anything either."

Added goldgus.

Incidentally, just made my bi-weekly call to Ford Customer Relationship Center. She gave me an estimated delivery date of 29 May (yes, it is currently 17 June). She was trying to get my dealer on the line. I told her "Don't bother. They don't know anything either."

Man, glad to see someone else getting those dumb responses from Ford, but what should we expect they build in Michigan and put customer service in Central Florida. :confused::headscratch::banghead: Can't for the life of me understand why they can't update the stupid computer program :slapfight:

Hang in there guys someday we'll look back and ..... Oh, Well!!

Cobra09

Added goldgus.

Hey Baby G.

Changed my screen name to Cobra010 just wanted you to know.

Thanks

Cobra010

Update of "the last shall be last."

Cobra010..........104196.......9 March.....GA

Fred13..............113190........8 May........TX

jenrusty 124938 June 11 build date, est delivery date 6/25 sturgis, sd.

PS Mustang Rally in Sturgis, SD September 3-7 2009

Last year we had over 300 cars at the Rally. Let me know if anyone would be interested in coming out. Thanks Rob B. :happy feet:

OK sorry, but will you still pass the word on the the 3rd annual mustang rally in Sturgis, SD on Sept. 3-7, 2009!!!! We are hoping for over 500 cars this year. Thank You Rob B. :happy feet:

Please check out the web site at www.sturgismustangrally.com. Hope to see all of you then. Thanks Rob B :happy feet:

Hey Guys and Gals,

Consider Turkey Run in Daytona Beach Florida, Thanksgiving week. 5000 cars on display inside of the Daytona International Raceway.

Cool Happenings,

Cobra010

Mine is a Vert Sterling Gray with Silver Stripes

Well drove down to the railyard---glad they have it fenced in--looked like the South Bronx.Anyway, it was closed,which i knew already,so couldnt drive around.There were quite a few used cars,w/o the protetcive strips, but no new cars.But there was a 6 car CXS train sitting next to several car carriers that were empty.Im assuming they dont want to tempt anyone by leaving cars in plain view--i was encouraged though that the train cars themselves had some kind of floor to ceiling mesh protetcing the cars--im sure some dust could get thru,but they were pretty dirty so Im thinking they grab alot of the dust/debris. So as far as trivia for your silver car,i couldnt get pics, but you can note that the train arrived Tuesday via CSX on a 6 car section into Allied Systems in Hapeville Ga, the previous home of the Taurus.mine will be in Perry Ga tomorrow, and ill pick it up Friday AM--HOORAH!!

jenrusty, I'd add your info to the list, but it's only for losers who have been given no delivery date or other information or who have otherwise been left totally in the dark.

Ok, I may qualify...I placed my order with my dealer in NJ on may 27th 2009, here is were I need help, I have no build date, VIN, or anything just my long yellow form copy from dealer with price and my signature at bottom. The only other form I have is (Vehicle Order Confirmation) print out from computer at dealership it states (order no. 001, priority 10, order code 820a, price level 030) How the hell do all you pepole have these things such as build date and VIN and ship date (PLEASE HELP). I call my dealer they have no info, just saying it will probably be built this month some time or next month the latest....

some one get back to me with something...do I need to call ford customer service, or did i order mine late thats why they have no info...any help would be appreciated :headscratch:

Ok, I may qualify...I placed my order with my dealer in NJ on may 27th 2009, here is were I need help, I have no build date, VIN, or anything just my long yellow form copy from dealer with price and my signature at bottom. The only other form I have is (Vehicle Order Confirmation) print out from computer at dealership it states (order no. 001, priority 10, order code 820a, price level 030) How the hell do all you pepole have these things such as build date and VIN and ship date (PLEASE HELP). I call my dealer they have no info, just saying it will probably be built this month some time or next month the latest....

some one get back to me with something...do I need to call ford customer service, or did i order mine late thats why they have no info...any help would be appreciated :headscratch:

Your order may of not been pulled yet, you only ordered a few weeks ago. Most of us have ordered months ago, myself over 5 months ago. It took a couple months to get a vin, but in your case I would assume a couple weeks you should see something.

Post a picture of your new ride when you receive it.

I've called and emailed my local dealer several times (Interstate Ford-Miamisburg, Oh)and I haven't been contacted. How sad. You'd think they would take care of someone that bought a GT500 but I guess not. AND, I've had it in the shop about 4 times attempting to get a dull popping noise fixed - no luck. Sad. I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy a car from these people.

it took me a month to get a VIn and another month to get a window sticker, and now 2 months to get the car--TODAY HOORAH--so id give it another week before getting too antsy.By the way,make sure your dealer has an allocation for the car--some dealers will take an order w/o an allocation and try to get one at ivoice from another allocated dealer

My order was placed 5/29 with order code 80 which I am trying to get changed. It will be interesting to see how fast I get an acceptance and vin # vs your order that was placed with a lower code. I am starting to wonder is either of us will get a car before 12 weeks total elapsed time.

I am considerig cancelling my order and taking my chances on buying one off a dealer lot by August or sooner. I would think with cash in hand and no trade I may have a better chance of getting one sooner that way.

Steve

Ordered mine on May 27th. No info (VIN,Build Date, etc.) from my dealer yet, other than a few days after the order was placed he said they had "pulled" the order. When I called back about a week and half later he said they still had not "pulled" the order and would be doing so any day. Sorta felt lied too. He gave me an approximate time of 12 weeks from the day we ordered it. He also stated that this year dealers arent getting "allocations" for the 2010's and every single gt500 for 2010 has to be ordered with a buyers order and needs to have a definate purchaser before any GT500 can be ordered. Given my dealer was either misinformed or flat out lied to me, I'm doubting this "allocation" story as well. I could be mistaken, wouldnt be the first time, any thoughts?

I know lots of you guys have been waiting much longer and I feel for you. And after reading these forums daily I can tell patience is going to be my ally with this experience. I dont have my priority #'s with atm, will post once I get home today

Ordered mine on May 27th. No info (VIN,Build Date, etc.) from my dealer yet, other than a few days after the order was placed he said they had "pulled" the order. When I called back about a week and half later he said they still had not "pulled" the order and would be doing so any day. Sorta felt lied too. He gave me an approximate time of 12 weeks from the day we ordered it. He also stated that this year dealers arent getting "allocations" for the 2010's and every single gt500 for 2010 has to be ordered with a buyers order and needs to have a definate purchaser before any GT500 can be ordered. Given my dealer was either misinformed or flat out lied to me, I'm doubting this "allocation" story as well. I could be mistaken, wouldnt be the first time, any thoughts?

I know lots of you guys have been waiting much longer and I feel for you. And after reading these forums daily I can tell patience is going to be my ally with this experience. I dont have my priority #'s with atm, will post once I get home today

dealers have to "opt in" to the GT500 program (i believe its 2 grand) in order to get allocations. i ordered from a dealership in washington that sold a ton of GT500s last year and got my vin in 6 days.

now, there may be other factors involved as Job 2 starts Aug 1. they may be building up the order base or figuring out any changes to the GT500 options.

dealers have to "opt in" to the GT500 program (i believe its 2 grand) in order to get allocations. i ordered from a dealership in washington that sold a ton of GT500s last year and got my vin in 6 days.

now, there may be other factors involved as Job 2 starts Aug 1. they may be building up the order base or figuring out any changes to the GT500 options.

The dealer I ordered from had 2 2009KR's and a 2008GT500 on the showroom floor. (tried talking me into one those) He states another customer here also has ordered a 2010 GT500 from his dealership and is awaiting the same info. Is this "opt in" done yearly? Or does the fact of him having and selling the previous year models have anything to do with this at all?

The dealer I ordered from had 2 2009KR's and a 2008GT500 on the showroom floor. (tried talking me into one those) He states another customer here also has ordered a 2010 GT500 from his dealership and is awaiting the same info. Is this "opt in" done yearly? Or does the fact of him having and selling the previous year models have anything to do with this at all?

i'm pretty sure its by model year. it took me forever to find one that actually had allocations AND would cut me a deal. most seemed rather proud of their cars.

i do remember that my salesperson contacted me a couple of weeks ago saying that ford wasn't accepting any orders for new mustangs for a week or so. so like i said, it may be scheduling/retooling for job 2.

The dealer that told you that Fords only allocating SOLD units is WRONG! I was informed at the beginning of the run that we would get FOUR allocations. Didnt matter if it was sold or stock. Now because the first 3 were retail orders I think Ford pulled 2 of them quick. There are some stock orders showing up on ebay!

MM

Archived