TEAM SHELBY FORUM

saw the 500 at carlisle

kona blue with white stripes.those of you that have cars on order, you won't be dissapointed, it pops! over all the car looks awesome.fit and finish is great and the interior looks great even though they wouldn't let us get in it.sorry i don't have pics, it was mobbed with people anyway.oh yea the rearend ain't bad at all, it's different but not bad.they also had an sho taurus and a raptor there, alot of nice eye candy to drool over! i even got to test drive a 2010 mustang,even though it was only a v6 and on a closed course it was cool to do. those of you waiting to get yours,its definitely worth it! :happy feet:

oh yea the rearend ain't bad at all, it's different but not bad.

I have now seen four 2010 Mustangs on the road and must say I respectfully disagree. Whatever your view, the consensus seems to be that the rear end treatment is the weakest link in the new car. I have yet to see a post where someone prefers the 2010 treatment over the 05-09 version. Separate from the rear end treatment, the car is pleasing to the eye. Perhaps the rear end treatment will grow on me.

Jim

I have now seen four 2010 Mustangs on the road and must say I respectfully disagree. Whatever your view, the consensus seems to be that the rear end treatment is the weakest link in the new car. I have yet to see a post where someone prefers the 2010 treatment over the 05-09 version. Separate from the rear end treatment, the car is pleasing to the eye. Perhaps the rear end treatment will grow on me.

Jim

Ok Jim,

Just so you can say you have seen one the 2010 rocks from front to rear I had an 09' which I traded and am waiting for my Shelby. If it looked like the 09' I wouldn't have traded, let's move on with this rear end thing it is getting old.

Cobra09

Ok Jim,

Just so you can say you have seen one the 2010 rocks from front to rear I had an 09' which I traded and am waiting for my Shelby. If it looked like the 09' I wouldn't have traded, let's move on with this rear end thing it is getting old.

Cobra09

Hear Hear!!!--we are surrounded by so much negativity and apologists, lets all try and support a great new car,especially on a site dedicated to the car itself!!Ive seen a new GT ragtop,and I thought the whole image is pretty cool,and sleek.In fact the car tag going onto it is "COOOL"--already got the tag from another cool car i sold to buy the GT500

Jim

imo the '10 rear end is an improvement over the '09 style. I like the angles, sequential lights, gurney flap on the wing... to each their own

Hear Hear!!!--we are surrounded by so much negativity and apologists, lets all try and support a great new car,especially on a site dedicated to the car itself!!Ive seen a new GT ragtop,and I thought the whole image is pretty cool,and sleek.In fact the car tag going onto it is "COOOL"--already got the tag from another cool car i sold to buy the GT500

+1 :happy feet:

The rear end is terrible

Here is why

-The trunk lid, the part that meets up with the tailights and bumper is not flush and gives the rear a terrible fit/finish look

-The way the stripe stops short under the new rear spoiler looks terrible, stripe should continue right up to the where the break light is

-The tailights with vertical white back up lights looks terrible and very unAmerican

-The enourmous plastic diaper is at least double the size of the outgoing model

-The fake gas cap is not double as large and chrome rather than the classy satin finish of prior

-The thick and chunky looking rear antenna

Im so tired of this whining, and complaints from 07-09 owners about 2010 MY nitpicking, I just ordered my very first 2010 GT500 in grabber with stripes and I am so excited I cant wait. Im just so excited to get this car, and all I here is I dont like this, and dont like that yada, yada.....Stop bashing it already. I never once would complain about 07-09 as they are originals in body style. But I think ford has to evolve the GT500, and I think they did great in that aspect, thats why I ordered...Lets just appreciate these fine cars no matter what style. Lets face it, muscle cars and big v8's wont be produced much longer in my humble opinion.

THANKS BRO.

It's nothing new...in fact it's quite normal. Just standard ops in the mustang forums. We are a bunch of whinners and complainers

-When the 2005 came out we (mustang enthusiats) were upset it didn't look like the concept.

-When the GT 500 came out we were upset the hood had those "ugly bulges", compared to the cool concept hood.

-We complained about the California Special, because it didn't have any performance improvements.

-We complained about the SGT because it cost too much and had too little HP. Many didn't like the PBF emblem and the black wheels.

-We complained the SGT wasn't available in Blue (ok that was just me)

-We said the Bullitt was a let down...too boring and not enough hp.

-We were upset when the GT500KR came out with 18" vs 20" wheels and costs so much.

On and on it goes...and will continue until "The Destruction of the USA" :D (another thread on this site in the non automotive section)

Bottomline: Who cares what we think about your 2010 or future 2010? We are just expressing our likes/dislikes (I do like the hips, antenna placement, Grabber Blue color, and interior).

LOL, so true destruction of USA. Well now that I think about it your right, there will always be like and dislikes and people in this community which is new to me seem to be very particular and vocal about it.... (In a sense, I dont even have my car yet and I feel Im turning into the person that all you shelby owners are already) ...with these shelbys all model years, all varients, all colors, etc.etc., it all comes down to personal taste....Well im just so happy to soon be part of the Shelby family and I will keep this car forever god willing, although I will be paying for it out the ass for the next 72months...LOL but well worth it

(Also cant wait to pull up next to honda civic ricer....:) Go Muscle

The rear end is terrible

Here is why

-The trunk lid, the part that meets up with the tailights and bumper is not flush and gives the rear a terrible fit/finish look

-The way the stripe stops short under the new rear spoiler looks terrible, stripe should continue right up to the where the break light is

-The tailights with vertical white back up lights looks terrible and very unAmerican

-The enourmous plastic diaper is at least double the size of the outgoing model

-The fake gas cap is not double as large and chrome rather than the classy satin finish of prior

-The thick and chunky looking rear antenna

I myself am tired of the negativity about the 2010, I don't go to your threads (owners of early models) and bash your cars. I like all the Shelby's, so just support the new 2010 and don't be critical of every little thing. It is really disheartening to read some of these negative comments and it makes me angry to. It seems like whatever the post topic is on the 2010, the subject ends up about the ugly rear end. If you don't like the car don't buy one and keep your negative comments to yourself. You know the old saying if you don't have something good to say, keep your mouth shut!!!

It's nothing new...in fact it's quite normal. Just standard ops in the mustang forums. We are a bunch of whinners and complainers

-When the 2005 came out we (mustang enthusiats) were upset it didn't look like the concept.

-When the GT 500 came out we were upset the hood had those "ugly bulges", compared to the cool concept hood.

-We complained about the California Special, because it didn't have any performance improvements.

-We complained about the SGT because it cost too much and had too little HP. Many didn't like the PBF emblem and the black wheels.

-We complained the SGT wasn't available in Blue (ok that was just me)

-We said the Bullitt was a let down...too boring and not enough hp.

-We were upset when the GT500KR came out with 18" vs 20" wheels and costs so much.

On and on it goes...and will continue until "The Destruction of the USA" :D (another thread on this site in the non automotive section)

Bottomline: Who cares what we think about your 2010 or future 2010? We are just expressing our likes/dislikes (I do like the hips, antenna placement, Grabber Blue color, and interior).

That's Cool, as long as it is stated that IMO or IMHO not as a blanket endorsement of negatives. Long live the 2010 GT500.

Cobra09

Archived