TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Camaro article..

cbr1000

Interesting... we need competition

What the future holds is something else. The whole pony car concept — big engine in a low-slung coupe body — seems dated and I can’t imagine a General Motors (GM) now largely owned by the U.S. government renewing this car at the end of its life cycle.

With an as-tested price of $31,485, the 2010 Camaro could appeal to those who owned an original and want to relive the experience, or to those who wanted an original but couldn’t afford one. Its attraction for the rest of us is limited.

And it would be non-existent for younger drivers. A 15-year-old enthusiast of my acquaintance all but sneered when he discovered what car I was driving. “Mr. Taylor,” he said, “I’m not into Camaros

http://thewheeldeal.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/...t-camaro-coupe/

What the future holds is something else. The whole pony car concept — big engine in a low-slung coupe body — seems dated and I can’t imagine a General Motors (GM) now largely owned by the U.S. government renewing this car at the end of its life cycle.

With an as-tested price of $31,485, the 2010 Camaro could appeal to those who owned an original and want to relive the experience, or to those who wanted an original but couldn’t afford one. Its attraction for the rest of us is limited.

And it would be non-existent for younger drivers. A 15-year-old enthusiast of my acquaintance all but sneered when he discovered what car I was driving. “Mr. Taylor,” he said, “I’m not into Camaros

Interesting. I am not sure I am ready to call the death of the pony car yet, but agree the Camaro lacks 'something' to make it be remembered as a 'great' car.

IMO who want's a brand x when you can have a Shelby.

Cobra09

The Camaro has an interior design flaw. I sat in one here at at ok pocono. With the seat and steering wheel adjusted to my liking, the top of the steering wheel blocks the tach and speedo! They're goofy looking, but I think I should be a able to see them. I'm 6-1, 179 lbs.

Archived