TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 hold up resolved

samg

Your missing my point.

Nevermind.

No I got your point, he has a job to do and that job is not answering tons of phone calls. But my Point is if it was a problem, just like I do at my business my secretary screens my calls and passes them to the proper person. Surely Auto Alliance has a public relations person to field these calls and provide answers to the customer. I never posted his direct number nor called his direct number, I always called the plant main number.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I got your point, he has a job to do and that job is not answering tons of phone calls. But my Point is if it was a problem, just like I do at my business my secretary screens my calls and passes them to the proper person. Surely Auto Alliance has a public relations person to field these calls and provide answers to the customer. I never posted his direct number nor called his direct number, I always called the plant main number.

The plant (AAI) is not set up to field calls from the general public. That's why they have dealerships. Dealerships have zone reps to also help the dealers find out information. Ford also has a 1-800 line for customer service and public relations. The dealers have a help line to call as well. When they call that number they have to give there dealership code number and then they get the inside info on the issues.

Again....AAI is not set up to field thousands of calls from customers and when you start posting names and numbers on the biggest Shelby forum in the world it is going to direct alot of calls to them.

I forgot I said "nevermind". :banghead:

The plant (AAI) is not set up to field calls from the general public. That's why they have dealerships. Dealerships have zone reps to also help the dealers find out information. Ford also has a 1-800 line for customer service and public relations. The dealers have a help line to call as well. When they call that number they have to give there dealership code number and then they get the inside info on the issues.

Again....AAI is not set up to field thousands of calls from customers and when you start posting names and numbers on the biggest Shelby forum in the world it is going to direct alot of calls to them.

I forgot I said "nevermind". :banghead:

OK! I guess I screwed up, I am sorry that I caused a problem, I will not inquire to plant ever again. This is a great forum to learn a lot and I am still in the learning process. So, I apologize to you and Mr. Arning for causing any problems. I'm just like every one I am exicted about getting my first Shelby and I know I am really going to enjoy it.

Dont worry I wont be calling him, I resisted to call before because I knew this guy had to of had other things to worry about but I got impatient the other day and called. I will just have to wait like the rest of us to get a confirmation that its shipped...these 5 months are starting to make me delerious.

If you ask 100 different folks you might get 100 different answers, but that doesnt make them ALL correct! I asked the GUY who is in CHARGE of PRODUCTION ( Mr Arning) if he dont know NO ONE DOES!!! But like you told me you are welcome to believe whomever you want!

1. YES the cash flow on these cars is a TON, but the hurt it would cause Ford to send them out and let it become a WARRANTY issue would be WORSE!!! Poor marks for quatlity and then have to pay the dealers for fixing them under warranty! AA and Ford did the right thing. Only ship the car when THEY feel its 100%.

2. I NEVER called anyone. This is STANDARD for Ford when bringing out a NEW model! Just because we as dealers can order the cars DOES NOT MEAN they are ready to build them! As soon as MY customers started asking questions I called and found out what the hold up was. Mr Arning didnt try to HIDE anything. He told me the problem and what AA and Ford was doing to get it fixed and that they would NOT ship the cars until they were 100% ready! I agreed with him (not that it changed anything on his part).

3. I have 2 cars that are on the way. The FIRST car was BUILT EARLY. I mean REAL early! I have had the invoice ALONG time. Then it went on HOLD. I told Bob (second allocation) after I talked to Ralph that I thougth that his car would get here BEFORE the first allocation. He has posted on this thread and is welcome to verify what I told him. The first cars built went to a holding lot while AA waited on the parts to arrive. When the parts started coming in and PRODUCTION resumed I knew the car is production would be the FIRST to get the new parts! This is NOT the first this has happened to me. Its MUCH easier to start building cars with the new parts than SHUT DOWN production while you put the new part on 1000 or so cars that are sitting EVERY where outside! Something yall might not know is that EVERY car that had the airbag cover replaced was TESTED again for quality before AA released the car ( THATS COOL) So the 1000 or so cars that were waiting on the airbag were tested TWICE for QA!!!!!!

Im not trying to start a fight with you here, but you act like the clutch spring problem would be something Ford and AA would hide? A problem with the car is a PROBLEM!! The way Ford and AA are looking at it is if the car has ANY problems they are NOT shipping! Clutch spring, Airbag cover peeling, or NOT enough NEW CAR smell!!!! These cars WHERE not going to ship until the airbag cover problem was resolved. If you want to think that it was a clutch spring issue thats fine, but dont call in the BLACK helicopters because of something your heard from a "good source"!

MM

Michael-

Very well put. Bottom line, the cars are coming... Yours are on the way, and mine is going to be on the way Friday.

Had I not already bought mine, I would do business with you any time. A straight shooter these days is hard to find.

I did buy mine from some great folks out at Sawtooth Auto in Idaho (thanks Eric and Brad), and they are having a courtesy delivery done for me in NJ.

Well let's leave it at that. But you did answer the question that you do not have any information from any other source. If you did perhaps you may be more sensitive to the need for being discrete. And I am not saying anything about anyone else other than there is more information on the matter.

I do agree that it may not matter as long as issues were resolved and the cars are moving. I will also say that the approach you mentioned of not shipping the cars until they are right were the exact words I heard but connected to the clutch springs.

Michael--im very happy with everything you've done, i sure dont doubt thye info you've provided me on delivery--in fact im pleased that you called me,and not vice versa.Micheal has 2 more allocations i think, and hes the man when it comes to Shelbies

Quick note! Every '07-'09 GT500 wheel "I" have ever seen has inside wheel damage, mostly on the front wheels from the rail cars during transport.

These new Shelby's have the larger 19" wheels and it could be worse.

Once you accept the car Ford won't do anything about it.

Quick note! Every '07-'09 GT500 wheel "I" have ever seen has inside wheel damage, mostly on the front wheels from the rail cars during transport.

These new Shelby's have the larger 19" wheels and it could be worse.

Once you accept the car Ford won't do anything about it.

What do you mean by inside wheel damage? What exactly should we be looking for?

What do you mean by inside wheel damage? What exactly should we be looking for?

Reach under the front of the car and feel the inside of the wheel it's scraped from the rail car.

The rail car uses angle iron welded to the floor to guide the cars as their driven on to the train.

The angle iron is just high enough to scrape the 18" wheels of the GT500.

I have gone round & round with Ford and the dealership and because I didn't ID it with in the 1st 24 hours they said tough luck!

It's not a Ford problem. It's a rail / transport problem.

I have pictures of a GT500 on the rail car, I'll post them if I can find them........There on another computer.

Reach under the front of the car and feel the inside of the wheel it's scraped from the rail car.

The rail car uses angle iron welded to the floor to guide the cars as their driven on to the train.

The angle iron is just high enough to scrape the 18" wheels of the GT500.

I have gone round & round with Ford and the dealership and because I didn't ID it with in the 1st 24 hours they said tough luck!

It's not a Ford problem. It's a rail / transport problem.

I have pictures of a GT500 on the rail car, I'll post them if I can find them........There on another computer.

This is very true. Here are 3 pic's of the inside of my front rims. The scuff marks on the inside of the rim is a black mark that is etched into the rim. The angle iron guide must be painted black and as the rim rubs along the angle iron guide....the black paint scrapes onto the inside edge of the rim. I have not tried to clean it off , but I'm sure it would come off with some paint remover.

th_FrontendRustRepair-GT500052.jpg

th_FrontendRustRepair-GT500053.jpg

th_FrontendRustRepair-GT500017.jpg

Has anyone ever swapped out wheels due to this damage or is it just assumed that they will have some scuffing from transport?

The only "damage" I had was both front inside wheels were scraped and one of the weights and to be replaced. Nobody's car should have any damage.

OK! I guess I screwed up, I am sorry that I caused a problem, I will not inquire to plant ever again. This is a great forum to learn a lot and I am still in the learning process. So, I apologize to you and Mr. Arning for causing any problems. I'm just like every one I am exicted about getting my first Shelby and I know I am really going to enjoy it.

I guess Grabber is not going to accept my apology? What I did, Which was finding out what was holding up shipping since none of the dealers new nor the 1-800 Ford Folks must have been a bad thing?

I guess Grabber is not going to accept my apology? What I did, Which was finding out what was holding up shipping since none of the dealers new nor the 1-800 Ford Folks must have been a bad thing?

You did good doing your research. I don't have a problem with you calling the plant, I was just saying that it is not a practice that the plant can handle if everyone does it. As for the airbag problem...it's not a bad thing, these kind of issues come up with every car made. Some have more problems than others.

Peace bro ! B)

You did good doing your research. I don't have a problem with you calling the plant, I was just saying that it is not a practice that the plant can handle if everyone does it. As for the airbag problem...it's not a bad thing, these kind of issues come up with every car made. Some have more problems than others.

Peace bro ! B)

No Problem, Thanks for all the valuable information you contribute this site. Have a Good Day.

Ok, a final request: Does anyone in the ENTIRE universe out there have ANY information on the problem from ANY another source? A big and curious question.

Sorry but -- check out the new bomb (contents repeated below): http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelb...d-shipping.html

It may be that the 2010 GT500 clutch issues are not totally resolved like I thought. I'll try to find out more.

"I have some bad news for all of us.

Yesterday, talked face to face with a person who is a Vice President at Ford. Won't tell you who or why. He is also a Mustang enthusiast and was very helpful. I mentioned that many folks were waiting for their 2010 GT500s, and that we really didn't know what was going on. He asked me for the VIN and my phone number and said that he would find out for sure. Today he called back.

Bottom line: all of our GT500s are on hold again, this time for the clutches. According to Ford Direct and my dealer, my vehicle has already shipped. But it has not, and is in fact still sitting at Flat Rock. This Vice President said that the VVS and Ford Direct systems simply haven't caught up with the latest change; in fact as of this morning Ford Direct is still saying that my car will be at the dealership next Tuesday (the 16th). The new delivery date that he mentioned to me was: release from the plant not later than June 26th, to my dealership (in SC) by July 4th. He indicated that this delay applied to ALL 2010 GT500s. So you'll probably want to check with your dealership or Ford Direct in the next few days, because their systems will probably begin showing a change to the delivery date. Sorry, its killing me too."

info from my dealer:

"Jim, I was told today that Ford is starting to schedule Shelby. It is a wierd random group number pattern as I am told as to how they are doing it. This week they will schedule#1-50 and next week 51-100 and so on. The dealers that get the #s are picked at random so I will not know when yours hits. But the good news is they are scheduling and moving. As soon as I hear something a little more specific I will let you know."

info from my dealer:

"Jim, I was told today that Ford is starting to schedule Shelby. It is a wierd random group number pattern as I am told as to how they are doing it. This week they will schedule#1-50 and next week 51-100 and so on. The dealers that get the #s are picked at random so I will not know when yours hits. But the good news is they are scheduling and moving. As soon as I hear something a little more specific I will let you know."

Thanks very much, keep the info coming and we will be able to coordinate inputs to understand what is really going on.

Hi everyone, I'm the guy who is quoted above regarding meeting the high level dude from Ford. Just joined the forum, but have been looking for the last few months. It's all true unfortunately, and believe me he was someone high enough to push the right buttons to find out.

By way of introductory background, I ordered a Grabber Blue coupe with white stripes coupe, with a Shaker 1000 on January 2d; it was built on May 5th, last six of VIN are 105907. I have had several Cobras in the past and currently road race a modified 95 Cobra R. But this is my first Shelby.

Just wanted to say that you guys have some great discussions and have some good information. Looking forward to conversing with all of you in the future.

Hi everyone, I'm the guy who is quoted above regarding meeting the high level dude from Ford. Just joined the forum, but have been looking for the last few months. It's all true unfortunately, and believe me he was someone high enough to push the right buttons to find out.

By way of introductory background, I ordered a Grabber Blue coupe with white stripes coupe, with a Shaker 1000 on January 2d; it was built on May 5th, last six of VIN are 105907. I have had several Cobras in the past and currently road race a modified 95 Cobra R. But this is my first Shelby.

Just wanted to say that you guys have some great discussions and have some good information. Looking forward to conversing with all of you in the future.

Thanks much for joining the fray! Look forward to future discussions.

info from my dealer:

I am confused. What schedule are you talking about building shipping repairing or what? Sorry for being dense :headscratch: please explain to an old guy.

Thanks

Cobra09

I am confused. What schedule are you talking about building shipping repairing or what? Sorry for being dense :headscratch: please explain to an old guy.

Thanks

Cobra09

Confusing for me too. What I posted was the exact written response from my dealer when I asked him about the status of my order.

Looks like a few are beginning to leak through so that is a positive sign:

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3756

Got this from MM who is very knowing when it comes to Shelbys---There may be an issue, but mine and gregs are coming next week--torch red vert and GB coupe

I dont know what the guy is talking about! Your car is in LIMA OHIO headed this way!!! Im tracking it all the way to GA!!!![/b]

Got this from MM who is very knowing when it comes to Shelbys---There may be an issue, but mine and gregs are coming next week--torch red vert and GB coupe

I dont know what the guy is talking about! Your car is in LIMA OHIO headed this way!!! Im tracking it all the way to GA!!!![/b]

I talked with Mr Arning at Flat Rock today and he says my car has been completed with all mods. Waiting on shipping. 104196.

Cobra 09

I talked with Mr Arning at Flat Rock today and he says my car has been completed with all mods. Waiting on shipping. 104196.

Cobra 09

Cobra--guess the prayers were anwsered---glad to see it happen for you.Ill let you know when im picking mine up in case your interested in seeing 2 of them down in Perry--bob

I have some interesting info from a very reliable source who works directly with the program. I was told earlier that the problem was a calibration issue. Please don't ask, I can't give out source, sorry. I have seen the air bag on some GT Mustangs that were delivered and was dissappointed. Glad to hear that the problem is being addressed.

Archived