TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gears: Shift Points

Hey all, got a couple questions about gears I'm hoping you gurus can answer for me.

With the stock 3.55s I'm pulling 3rd around 70-75 which is were I usually shut it down after having some fun. I want to throw some gear in as the car badly needs some more gear, but don't want to have to hit 3rd before 60. So I am wondering where you guys with 3.73s and 4.10s are pulling 3rd.

Also, planning on ordering a SCT Livewire with a Bama race tune. Can I change the gear ratio after I get the cal from Doug, or do I need to have him update the calibration? (Bad way of asking if I can change it with the programmer if I get a race tune for the 3.55 gears)

Thanks

Hey all, got a couple questions about gears I'm hoping you gurus can answer for me.

With the stock 3.55s I'm pulling 3rd around 70-75 which is were I usually shut it down after having some fun. I want to throw some gear in as the car badly needs some more gear, but don't want to have to hit 3rd before 60. So I am wondering where you guys with 3.73s and 4.10s are pulling 3rd.

Also, planning on ordering a SCT Livewire with a Bama race tune. Can I change the gear ratio after I get the cal from Doug, or do I need to have him update the calibration? (Bad way of asking if I can change it with the programmer if I get a race tune for the 3.55 gears)

Thanks

Well, the answer to your second question is Yes, you can change it yourself. Before you program the custom tune in, it asks you if you want to change any parameters. Scroll thru the menu till you see change axle ratio. Find the one you want. And you should be good to go.

You might find the answers to your first questions in this EXCEL worksheet by Don:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~fsheff/access/..._vs_Speed~1.xls

You can change the tire size and gear ratio, and read out corresponding rpm vs mph.

EDIT: Here's another you might like better:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~fsheff/access/...alculations.xls

Archived