TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spark Plug question

Does anyone know if there are E3 spark plugs available for the 4.6L engine? I tried checking thier website but could not find anything. Also what is a better plug to replace the stock one with? I've just turned over 10k miles and want to change them and install hotter coil packs.

Does anyone know if there are E3 spark plugs available for the 4.6L engine? I tried checking thier website but could not find anything. Also what is a better plug to replace the stock one with? I've just turned over 10k miles and want to change them and install hotter coil packs.

Good question.. I meant to ask around about this awhile back, once I started shopping for coils.

Summit Racing doesn't offer anything, that's all I know. :lurk:

Ken

• 4 weeks later...
Will these FRPP zero degree plugs work with my SGT? http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-09-mus...k-plugs-p-21193

The reason I'm asking is because of the last line of the description.

"Midway through 2008 Ford changed the spark plug design, confirm plug style before ordering"

Thanks for any info.

Ken

Those are HT (high thread) plugs, which is the style mine uses. I used the Autolite HT0.

Guys, I just put 8 of those performance plugs in a cart and it was $1100.00 is this correct?

I was irritated that Ford wanted $500 to change the plugs in my GT-H....am I living in the past here?

How much should high quality plugs cost me?

Ford turned down the warranty claim by stating the car was a rental and there is no way to know what gas was used. I have kept every gas receipt since I bought it in case this fouling thing happens again!

Guys, I just put 8 of those performance plugs in a cart and it was $1100.00 is this correct?

I was irritated that Ford wanted $500 to change the plugs in my GT-H....am I living in the past here?

Ford turned down the warranty claim by stating the car was a rental and there is no way to know what gas was used. I have kept every gas receipt since I bought it in case this fouling thing happens again!

You paid $1100.00 for spark plugs. Sheesh. :headscratch:

I put the NGK TR6 V-Power plugs in for about 21 bucks. Set the gap at 32 and put anti sieze on the threads. :shift:

StageIIVMPpulley032.jpg

GT5002009Pics115.jpg

WOW, $140 per plug...

Ford Racing 05-08 Mustang GT Heat Range Zero Degree Spark Plugs

-For use in engines with higher than stock cylinder combustion pressures

-Unique design is proprietary to Ford 3-valve engines

-One heat range colder than the stock Mustang GT plug

-Two heat ranges colder than the stock 5.4L truck 3-valve engine

-Sold in engine sets of 8

-Fits all 3V heads requiring "High Thread" design spark plugs

-Midway through 2008 Ford changed the spark plug design, confirm plug style before ordering

post-22352-1247111660_thumb.png

post-22352-1247111660_thumb.png

Say what?? I'm not sure what your warranty claim was for but I've never heard that excuse before.

Are you past the 3/36 warranty?

Steve

So does anybody out there know what the preset gap is for the Autolight and Ford Performance plug?

Ford is avg. $140

Autolight is avg $85

I have no idea how to gap these new plugs so I would like to buy some that are set.....

Say what?? I'm not sure what your warranty claim was for but I've never heard that excuse before.

Are you past the 3/36 warranty?

Steve

Still have a year and 16000 miles to go! I've been amazed at the answers I'm getting on warranty questions. The claim was for the famous high RPM backfire/check engine light. "fouled plugs"

The goat rope seems to start at ford, then goes to ford performance, then to SAI and then the official "screw you" gets back to me through a very friendly service adviser.

I've been fighting a losing battle on stripes and hood/throttle body intake wear as well (in another forum)

We should start a new forum with all the creative excuses we get to see how many contradict themselves.

Having said all this, I still love my car!!!!!!!

I would call to verify but I would assume that the price they have listed is for a set of 8 as I believe it states sold as engine sets of 8. If that is correct then what you put in your cart was 8 sets of 8 @ approx. $138/set

I would call to verify but I would assume that the price they have listed is for a set of 8 as I believe it states sold as engine sets of 8. If that is correct then what you put in your cart was 8 sets of 8 @ approx. $138/set

Don, you must have heard that loud popping noise! I'm pretty sure it was my head coming out of my backside. I agree that the prices are for 8.

By the way, I'm in the St Louis area so keep me in mind if there are any events around this area.

Still have a year and 16000 miles to go! I've been amazed at the answers I'm getting on warranty questions. The claim was for the famous high RPM backfire/check engine light. "fouled plugs"

If you're under warranty and getting a check engine light its time to start yelling louder, go to another dealership or bring in the regional zone rep. Perhaps all three.

Unless they can show that you have modified your engine thus causing the fouling they have no choice but to warranty the problem.

Steve

Archived