TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Seen This?

Just noticed this today:

WasherNozzle.jpg

Must have just happened, 'cause I'm sure I would have noticed it before. I can push the nozzle back down, but after driving a minute or two, it pops back up. Can't tell on the underside of the hood if any kind of clamp/clip is missing...

BTW, don't bust my chops over the dirt. I took the picture right BEFORE I washed it. :yup:

Just noticed this today:

WasherNozzle.jpg

Must have just happened, 'cause I'm sure I would have noticed it before. I can push the nozzle back down, but after driving a minute or two, it pops back up. Can't tell on the underside of the hood if any kind of clamp/clip is missing...

BTW, don't bust my chops over the dirt. I took the picture right BEFORE I washed it. :yup:

Nice quality control on a $80,000 Mustang, sorry to see that

Mine have done that from day one, when we drove out to Vegas the guys at Shelby took a look at it and told me i had to push the nozzle body down and then from underneath,with a small flat screwdriver, pry the clips out to latch into place, well that fix didn't last long and they still pop back out and i am always pushing them back down!

I think the carbon fiber hood must be a little thicker than the Gt500 hood and they won't stay clipped, also the hose connecting the two is a little to short and pulls sideways on the nozzle body or else they are spaced just a little farther apart on the KR hood!

I haven't really took the time to see what they need to do to fix this small but annoying problem!!

Jonpost-21594-1244356685_thumb.jpg

post-21594-1244356685_thumb.jpg

yes, alot of the KR's do this...have seen it on several...spread the clips out on the bottom...that will help...

Alex

Thanks Alex. I spread the clips out and now its locked into place. We'll see how long it lasts.

Thanks Alex. I spread the clips out and now its locked into place. We'll see how long it lasts.

You bet...It should stay now...all the ones I spread the clips on have stayed put....

Alex

Damn, you have alot of $$$$$$ invested in your ride

LOL...I build them and sell them, so they are all for sale, including this one. I own a Mustang shop and have many of customers that want turn key cars that are balanced in all departments.

Alex

• 1 month later...
LOL...I build them and sell them, so they are all for sale, including this one. I own a Mustang shop and have many of customers that want turn key cars that are balanced in all departments.

Alex

what i dont understand is why the Super Snake has wet arm wipers and the KR still has the hood sprayers....you would think they wouldve done the same on the KR

what i dont understand is why the Super Snake has wet arm wipers and the KR still has the hood sprayers....you would think they wouldve done the same on the KR

What year did they start putting those wipers on the SS?

BTW, the other sprayer popped up yesterday. Fixed it like I did the other one two months ago. That one is still good.

Archived