TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Order Placed 5/29/09..Best Guess on build date

Guys,

Most of you are way ahead of me so could you give me some idea of the timeline and key dates I can expect now since the airbag cover has been solved.

I am hoping for a delivery date of around 8 to 10 weeks, is that even possible?

Thanks

Steve

Guys,

Most of you are way ahead of me so could you give me some idea of the timeline and key dates I can expect now since the airbag cover has been solved.

I am hoping for a delivery date of around 8 to 10 weeks, is that even possible?

Thanks

Steve

I am interested in the replies to your post.

I ordered my car on 5/18. I called the dealer last night and Ford has still not pulled my order.

I ordered my car on 5/18. I called the dealer last night and Ford has still not pulled my order.

I ordered mnie in Feb and it was just built last week.You should get a VIN within 2 -4 weeks, then the next big event is when you can see the window sticker which will have the planned build date.I would think if theyve solved all the parts problems,which looks like they have,then they have to retrofit all the cars that were built and they were holding for QA,ie quality issues--theres lots of them sitting there for several months.I would think they would retro them in the factory,not outside--so that'll interrupt normal porduction I would think, since theyd be crazy to hire extra people to do the re-work, so their normal production would be down.So id guess 12-14 weeks--as you can see on the forum, no one really knows.

I ordered mnie in Feb and it was just built last week.You should get a VIN within 2 -4 weeks, then the next big event is when you can see the window sticker which will have the planned build date.

That's only if the dealer has any clue about or care about getting you the VIN and or DORA. Mine is such morons I'm not sure they're qualified to sell Shelby's, Roush, and Parnelli.

That's only if the dealer has any clue about or care about getting you the VIN and or DORA. Mine is such morons I'm not sure they're qualified to sell Shelby's, Roush, and Parnelli.

Thats why i picked MM from this forum.I checked all the dealers in Atl and they didnt have a clue.M is just south of Macon,Ga.By the way,whats a DORA??

I would plan on 3 months. My guess based on the fact that people that ordered this car more than 3 months ago are still waiting on cars...so you're probably in the 10-12 week range imo. btw, still nobody has a car. You will hear talk regarding shipping/build dates blah blah, but what it comes down to is nobody has a car yet so you gotta figure you're in a long line of people who are waiting just like you. Nobody knows for sure...you might get a car closer to 8 weeks which I hope u do.

Me 2....... Mine was order on 05/20 and as of today I still haven't been assisgned a VIn or build date (obviously). The wait to get the car is killing me.........and now so is the wait to get a VIN!!!!!

Archived