TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A crappy Knock-Off

MarkGT08

My wife and I stopped in a shopping center in San Dimas, California today to check our postal box. When she came back to our truck, she told me she saw another Shelby across the lot. So when she pointed at it, I knew it wasn't a Shelby. But when we got closer, she said "See, a Shelby!". After a few minutes of "education", I explained to her that it was a fake. I took a few pictures of it, but I blocked off the license plate. The guy is a fireman, so I am cutting him some slack.

But geeeez, what a crappy knockoff.

post-24803-1244253720_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1244253729_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1244253737_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1244253743_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1244253753_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1244253720_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1244253729_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1244253737_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1244253743_thumb.jpg

post-24803-1244253753_thumb.jpg

Amen to that Page. Did you get your new clutch installed?

Clutch installed - just about finished with the breakin. MUCH better :):):) The old TO bearing was TOASTED :) Clutch disk had probably 50% left on it - but figured while its all apart, might as well replace it all.

My wife and I stopped in a shopping center in San Dimas, California today to check our postal box. When she came back to our truck, she told me she saw another Shelby across the lot. So when she pointed at it, I knew it wasn't a Shelby. But when we got closer, she said "See, a Shelby!". After a few minutes of "education", I explained to her that it was a fake. I took a few pictures of it, but I blocked off the license plate. The guy is a fireman, so I am cutting him some slack.

:hysterical:

Those "FUGLY" tail lights almost make the new 2010 Stang rear end respectable??????????

Holy C--P Batman that is why Shelby has tried to keep it's licensing agreements under control and the haters think they should be able to slap Shelby on anything and be allowed to sell it. :doh:

Holy C--P Batman that is why Shelby has tried to keep it's licensing agreements under control and the haters think they should be able to slap Shelby on anything and be allowed to sell it. :doh:

I see more angry posts from Shelby owners about Mustangs they don't like than from Mustang owner's criticizing Shelby's they don't like. Save that for the Chevy's not your Mustang brothers and Sisters. Be nice. That car is somebody's pride and joy.

that is not a clone. That is a mustang with an spp brake light cover. What's with all the perceived hate and anger? I am still trying to understand the fireman comment. I don't get it.

+10,000 how many of you making fun secretly have a honda that you commute to work in? Now thats something to make fun of...

+10,000 how many of you making fun secretly have a honda that you commute to work in? Now thats something to make fun of...

I don't try to make my Toyota look like a Shelby though, ha-ha.

I think we are a little critical of this one though - it looks like all he did was the third brake light emblem. We all know that we have seen them with GT500 stripes, and V6 rims, the exhaust, etc., etc. I think this definitely is NOT he worst of them!! :victory:

I don't try to make my Toyota look like a Shelby though, ha-ha.

I think we are a little critical of this one though - it looks like all he did was the third brake light emblem. We all know that we have seen them with GT500 stripes, and V6 rims, the exhaust, etc., etc. I think this definitely is NOT he worst of them!! :victory:

I do not see how he was making it look like a Shelby. You can get a GT with stripes, he put a Shelby third brake light cover on....BFD.

Are you one of those guys who complained about the bailout, but drive a new toyota? :hysterical:

Personally I laugh at Japanese cars no matter what they look like.... :hysterical: And I know they have the GTR... :boring:

I see more angry posts from Shelby owners about Mustangs they don't like than from Mustang owner's criticizing Shelby's they don't like. Save that for the Chevy's not your Mustang brothers and Sisters. Be nice. That car is somebody's pride and joy.

I agree.

I do not see how he was making it look like a Shelby. You can get a GT with stripes, he put a Shelby third brake light cover on....BFD.

Are you one of those guys who complained about the bailout, but drive a new toyota? :hysterical:

Personally I laugh at Japanese cars no matter what they look like.... :hysterical: And I know they have the GTR... :boring:

Heyy watch who you point your finger at, okay?

He put the brake light cover on, that's what I am saying, no big deal. We see worse attempts to clone a Shelby! I complain about the bailout because it is non other than bull. I drive a Toyota because I service the state of Ohio, and at the time (still is) it has the best mpg and dependability for the money. So you bet your a$$, I drive a Toyota that I can beat the crap out of so that I don't have to worry. I have just shy of 100,000 on it and I have hit deer, sheep, a fox, a turkey, been rear ended, broad-sided, and it runs like the first day I got it!

The GTR defies and outruns cars that cost three times as much. But hm, then again, we are talking about a "clone" Mustang in this thread.

+1, this particular sighting is not the worst.

I had a nightmare that I traded my Stang for a "Honduh" once..........

Think it was those late night "Sushi Bars"?????????? :hysterical:

Cheers, Have I told you about our MB diesel with 246,000 miles on it that runs like a swiss watch and has nice original paint....engine never been apart? Now thats a durable car.

How about that and it wasn't built in America, most Toyota and Hondas driven in the US are built in the US. Your MB hasn't employeed one American.

How about that and it wasn't built in America, most Toyota and Hondas driven in the US are built in the US. Your MB hasn't employeed one American.

Not trying to get in the middle of this, just correcting a mis-statement. Mercedes does have a plant in Tuscaloosa County Alabama where they build SUV's (M class, R class, and GL class). -> http://www.mbusi.com/

My daily driver is an 2004 Acura TL (built by Americans in Marysville, Ohio)... It still looks and drives like brand new, has 270hp, gets 30mpg, and has always held its value well. It's consistently been worth more than I've owed on it (according to KBB, Edmunds, and NADA) since the day I drove it off the dealer lot in November, 2004 (althought I did purchase for $500 under invoice).

Back to the topic of a "clone" though.... Saw this one at the Mustangs and Mustangs show at Fantasy of Flight in April. I'm not sure if he was actually attempting a "clone" or not, but it was actually pretty tasteful and I assume the owner was poking fun at himself and either his wife is named Shelly or his car is.

post-14757-1244311449_thumb.jpg

post-14757-1244311449_thumb.jpg

My daily driver is a 2008 Lincoln MKZ (one of the best cars I've owned), although I love my Shelby! The MKZ appreciated $185 on KBB during my second 6 months of ownership. (appreciated!!) I am not aware of any import that has appreciated during the last 6 months, in fact, my best friend's 2005 BMW 330i depreciated $4,525 during the same period.

I don't usually respond to these types of threads, but a FORD man is a FORD man. Ford makes very good products, including the Mustang. If you are a fan of Ford, buy a Ford. If you support the US economy, buy domestic. It's that simple. If you own an import, this is not the place to advertise it. Some people who own imports have a false sense of "quality" and feel they have to justify it. My father owns a Taurus he bought new and took care of. It has been trouble-free, other than normal maintenance, and it now has 263,000 miles and is still going strong. His friends with Camrys and Accords rave about their "great cars", but have traded at least 3 times during the same time frame. Whose cost of ownership is lower?

This is nothing!

These are my two favorites from car shows I've attended!

I almost feel sorry for these guys (pictured clones). You can see how badly they want the real thing. At the same time it makes me proud to know I have a real SGT in the garage.

Archived