TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My build date was off by 2 weeks....

cbr1000

I just checked my online sticker and if I'm reading it correctly my build date changed to 5/14. I originally read and was told by my Dealer 4/27.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...vbp8js4a5115768

And just to temper your expectations, add minimum 2 weeks to that 5/14 date, as factory was closed for 2 FULL weeks and then the airbag cover QC issues also held up production.

You need to call Ralph Arning at AAI on Monday so he can give you the facts. Whether your car is already built and waiting to ship, or if its waiting to first be built.

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news... just keeping it real...

Did you happen to even just call the ford customer service line, they were able to tell me that my car has been produced but that was it. Ive noticed alot of peoples window stickers say that date now, not sure what it means. Mine still says 04/29/09

Right now I'm glad it's off by a couple weeks or more because I want my car sitting around the least amount of time possible....

So your date did not change? Any body else notice a date change on their sticker or is it just me.... great, I wonder what up with that...

Did you happen to even just call the ford customer service line, they were able to tell me that my car has been produced but that was it. Ive noticed alot of peoples window stickers say that date now, not sure what it means. Mine still says 04/29/09

I didn't call...... I wonder why your date didn't change and mine did? Our build dates were similiar..mine originally was 4/27

Im not sure whats up with these stickers anymore, I originally thought the numbers at the top with your blend number was the build date and the number that changed on yours was the day they created or modified the sticker, who knows anymore.

I just checked my online sticker and if I'm reading it correctly my build date changed to 5/14. I originally read and was told by my Dealer 4/27.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...vbp8js4a5115768

The date on your window sticker has nothing to do with the build date.

I don't know where your dealer got the 4/27 date from, but I suspect it may have been the date scheduled to be built or something.

Your actual build date was 5/07/09

Hes talking about the date in the box that is required to be there per the Federal Gov't and that has a date at the end. I noticed three people have the same date there even though their build date has past, Im guessing they had to reprint these and thats why the date and numbers changed :shrug:

The date on your window sticker has nothing to do with the build date.

I don't know where your dealer got the 4/27 date from, but I suspect it may have been the date scheduled to be built or something.

Your actual build date was 5/07/09

How do you know it's 5/7? I don't see that on the window sticker? Will the sticker change in any way when my car ships?

How do you know it's 5/7? I don't see that on the window sticker? Will the sticker change in any way when my car ships?

The sticker wont change but the number that is in the upper left next to the blend number was suppose to be the build date, its 120090507 or close to it (YYYYMMDD)

The sticker wont change but the number that is in the upper left next to the blend number was suppose to be the build date, its 120090507 or close to it (YYYYMMDD)

I see... it actually says 20090506 now. I thought it was the date listed in the federal disclosure box at the bottom above the date you are viewing the sticker.

Whats the blend number 5658 mean?

Archived