TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT/SC Certificate and Plate

Budman340

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just faxed my information today. Hopefully I will receive it in the next week or 2.

My question is where is everyone putting it?

My opinion is we should try to be consistent.

If any one put it on yet and can post pictures that would be Great

Thanks

Bill

I installed mine on the driver side strut tower just under the spot welds. Its flat and the plate is in the open so that it can be easily seen. The passenger side is obstructed by the cold air intake for the Kenne Bell and I have my trickle charger installed there. I didn't like having it obscured on the passenger side radiator support. I know that on some of the cars the cold air intake runs over to the driver side so this wont work on these cars as well, but I think its the best location for the Kenne Bell cars. If I ever figure out how to post a picture I will. I think my camera resolution is too high (700MP) :headscratch:

Just my opinion!

We have deiced that all SAI build will be on the right front radiator support opposite the original CSM badging. This location was selected due to the different SC configurations of Shelby/Whipple, Shelby/Kenne Bell/ Shelby Paxton.

I would not recommend drilling into spot welds and the shock tower is double wall, extra density metal. Just some issues to consider.

Hope you like the finished product. We completed 10 more certificates last evening and they are being shipped today. We stayed late last night so we could get them out prior to our leaving for the Shelby Nationals in Tulsa.

Roger

Roger,

On a previous post SAI stated to put it any place you want and gave some suggestions. I thought this was ridiculous to just put it any old place, That SAI should come out with an official location, but!! Then you send the plates out, I install mine, and then you (SAI) decide to come out with an official location for the plate. The right side of the radiator support is in my opinion a poor chose because it's partially obstructed. SO MY QUESTION IS WHEN I REMOVE MINE AND RELOCATE IT WILL SAI REPLACE IT IF IT GETS DAMAGED???????

DON

I'D ALSO LIKE TO SAY THAT DRILLING TWO HOLES IN MY CAR WAS THE HARDEST THING I'VE EVER DONE TO THE CAR. NOT HAPPY THAT I HAVE TO MOVE THE PLATE AND WILL HAVE TWO HOLES IN THE STRUT TOWER.

NOTE: I PLACED MY PLATE 1 INCH UNDER THE SEAM/SPOT WELDS. THE METAL IS ONLY SINGLE THICKNESS AND FLAT ITS A GOOD LOCATION AND THERE IS NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT STRUCTURAL WEAKNESS DRILLING TWO 1/8 INCH HOLES. THE PASSENGER SIDE STRUT TOWER HAS TWO 1/4-20 BUNGS WELDED AT THIS LOCATION.

I wouldn't worry about moving the tag. I am not going to put mine on the right side of the radiator support if it is going to be covered. That would just look half baked in my opinion. I like where you described yours. I would like to see pictures if you have them. If you email me the picture I might be able to post it for you.

Red, your engine bay look's sharp! Thanks for the pics.

I really like the plaque where you put it - that's where I imagined putting mine. I can't say that I'm too excited about having the plaque partially covered on the radiator support when the driver strut tower location looks much better.

I have to agree, I like that spot a lot better than having it partially covered.

Engine bay is clean, how do you keep it so clean????

If you show your car that's how clean you have to keep it! I have even waxed my engine area! I use air gun to blow out road debris, q-tips to clean in and around the pieces and parts, etc., it's a job, but once you do it it's really not that bad to keep it up. If you've never detailed your engine compartment you'll need to set aside at least a day. IMHO!

With additional upgrades we are working on for cooling systems on the 4.6 SC cars the driverside strut tower placement will be totally covered on a Kenne Bell installation. We are just thinking ahead.

As Bud mentioned. Your vehicle, your choice. We just completed a Kenne Bell system and for whatever reason, the plaque fit on the passenger side radiator support unobstructed. Go figure.

Roger

We have deiced that all SAI build will be on the right front radiator support opposite the original CSM badging. This location was selected due to the different SC configurations of Shelby/Whipple, Shelby/Kenne Bell/ Shelby Paxton.

I would not recommend drilling into spot welds and the shock tower is double wall, extra density metal. Just some issues to consider.

Hope you like the finished product. We completed 10 more certificates last evening and they are being shipped today. We stayed late last night so we could get them out prior to our leaving for the Shelby Nationals in Tulsa.

Roger

Any chance one of those was mine ;-)

I think I'm going to leave it on the driver side strut tower for now. If everyone decides to put it on the radiator support I'll reluctantly move it. And to answer the question about keeping the engine bay clean. It's too COOL under there not to keep it clean, but it's a lot of work. I spend at least an hour cleaning under the hood every time I drive it.

I think I'm going to leave it on the driver side strut tower for now. If everyone decides to put it on the radiator support I'll reluctantly move it. And to answer the question about keeping the engine bay clean. It's too COOL under there not to keep it clean, but it's a lot of work. I spend at least an hour cleaning under the hood every time I drive it.

The holes are there I would leave it it looks great!!!!!!

RED DIVER YOU PLAQUE LOOKS GREAT WHERE IT IS AT. HOWEVER , IF YOU HAVE A

WHIPPE 550 KIT THE RESEVIOR TANK FOR THE INTERCOOLER IS MOUNTED EXACTLY

IN FRONT OF THE DRIVERS SIDE SHOCK TOWER AND WOULD BLOCK OR HIDE THE

ENGINE PLAQUE FROM PEOPLES VIEW. I GUESS I AM GOING WITH THE SPOT

OPPOSITE THE SIDE FROM THE CSM # PLAQUE WHERE SAI IS DOING IT. THANKS

FOR SHARING YOUR PICTURES.

SCOTTY

Archived