TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 "Tune" questions

cbr1000

I've read that the factory "tune" is mild and with just a "tune" done to the GT500's you will have improved performance. Is this something I can do myself with a laptop or do I need to bring it to a performance shop? I've read that with this alone you will have better off the line responsiveness, is this true? Can I just have the Dealership do this or is that a no no? Thanks...

I have a tune from Evolution for the FRPP CAI and it makes a big difference. Air fuel ratios become critically important when advancing the timing for these cars. I recommend leaving it to the vendors that have done thousands of them already.

I've read that the factory "tune" is mild and with just a "tune" done to the GT500's you will have improved performance. Is this something I can do myself with a laptop or do I need to bring it to a performance shop? I've read that with this alone you will have better off the line responsiveness, is this true? Can I just have the Dealership do this or is that a no no? Thanks...

Unless you really know what you are doing, do not attempt to tune it yourself.

Jon Lund (www.lundracing.com) is a tuning god with these cars. Considered by most to be the best of the best. Give him a call, and he'll take care of you.

I also highly recommend the CAI from JLT Performance

Unless you really know what you are doing, do not attempt to tune it yourself.

Jon Lund (www.lundracing.com) is a tuning god with these cars. Considered by most to be the best of the best. Give him a call, and he'll take care of you.

I also highly recommend the CAI from JLT Performance

This is excellent advice for many reasons. You will be very pleased and have some peace of mind.

Some of the best tuners are just across the border in PA. You have Tillman, Evolution and Lund are all over there I believe. I will be visiting one of them in the future. Most of these tunes you get that are preloaded are attained from dyno tuning on other vehicles, so if you want the best possible tune for you vehicle and can get to someone that knows these cars then take it to them. There is way to many variables to be messing around with if you dont have the know-how or equipment.

Archived