TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Know These Hood Pins Work

108688.jpg

Manufacturer: Shelby Performance Parts

Part No: 5S3Z-6316892-K

and i don't know which car they were meant to go on. They just look a LITTLE nicer then the stock pins, but im wondering if i small raised part in the middle of the base effects anything adversly. For the price amount it would enhance the appearance, i would like to do little to no work installing them vs the stock hoodpins that constantly break and lose.

edit: they look like they sit a little higher off away from the paint on my hood. I hate when someone else is taking out my hood pins, so frightning they are gonna scratch the hood paint.

The ones you cite are like those on the 2008 cars (except the GO ones, for some reason). They are as good as you think they are. What I have heard, however, is that it is not just a straight swap but, instead, something that requires some additional drilling and alignment. I suspect someone has replaced them and could weigh in here. Good luck.

Jim

I have them on my car. Definitely not a direct replacement. I needed to widenn the holes in the hood and a few other modifications. And then open and close the hood a hundred or so times to get it aligned just right.

I agree!! took me sometime to get them right, but they are better and will prevent the hood paint from scratching. The 08 GO SGT did not come with these, but I replaced them and are nice.

Go for it.

I agree!! took me sometime to get them right, but they are better and will prevent the hood paint from scratching. The 08 GO SGT did not come with these, but I replaced them and are nice.

Go for it.

+1 Much better hood pins and they look better. Did take alot of adjusting and using a Dremel to elongate the holes in the hood. But you'll be glad you did it. Much better hood pins!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh..................................I must have been the lucky one here, mine went on with zero problems, as easy as changing your valve stem caps.

:dogwalk:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh..................................I must have been the lucky one here, mine went on with zero problems, as easy as changing your valve stem caps.

:dogwalk:

+1.

No problems here with the exception of having to open and close hood to get the pins to line up through the hold on the top plate. I did use the old pins though. Didnt see any reason to change them as I was replacing a good item with another good item and it was the same thing too.

+1.

No problems here with the exception of having to open and close hood to get the pins to line up through the hold on the top plate. I did use the old pins though. Didnt see any reason to change them as I was replacing a good item with another good item and it was the same thing too.

The new ones are billet the old ones rust...

What is the rust warranty on our SGTs?

Steel wool!

:hysterical:

Archived