TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BUILT 2010S TO BE SHIPPED

Regarding the GT500s that have already been built (of which mine is one) and have been sitting around in Flat Rock, Michigan for a month or more:

Are they just sitting in an outside lot, exposed to rain, bright sun, bird droppings, etc.? Would Ford actually allow that to happen to cars that are supposed to ship covered? Are they covered in any way right now? I wouldn't care about the wait nearly as much if I knew my car was protected. Am I being unreasonable?

They are UNCOVERED! The cars DONT shipped covered. They are inside the rail cars which has sides, but when the get to the hub then they are loaded on open carriers to be delivered to the dealers!

Dont worry about the car sitting outside. Its NOT going to hurt them. The paint can handle a few YEARS sitting outside.

MM

They are UNCOVERED! The cars DONT shipped covered. They are inside the rail cars which has sides, but when the get to the hub then they are loaded on open carriers to be delivered to the dealers!

Dont worry about the car sitting outside. Its NOT going to hurt them. The paint can handle a few YEARS sitting outside.

MM

I would look it over close anyway. My 2002 Black GT had so much rail dust embedded into the paint, I could never get it out. In certain light I could see it all over the drivers door.

Bird crap, too. I had a Jeep that after I carelessly picked up without close inspection, found about 10 spots of etched paint from bird crap. Most was on the hood, so I demanded a trade for the hood from another new unit, and they did it.

Enviromental damage can happen, so look it over close before finalizing the deal on an $50K car.

:censored: Okay, I'm disappointed, the thread title sounds as if I was going to get some good news.

Yeah, sorry about that. Wasn't attempting to mislead. Noticed it after I already posted. I'm as anxious as anyone to get this beast in my garage (and drive it).

Yeah, sorry about that. Wasn't attempting to mislead. Noticed it after I already posetd. I'm as anxious as anyone to get this beast in my garage (and drive it).

The disappointing part was the vision I had of my cars paint embedded with rail dust, covered with sun baked bird crap, lol..so the thread title was no big deal...

I would look it over close anyway. My 2002 Black GT had so much rail dust embedded into the paint, I could never get it out. In certain light I could see it all over the drivers door.

Bird crap, too. I had a Jeep that after I carelessly picked up without close inspection, found about 10 spots of etched paint from bird crap. Most was on the hood, so I demanded a trade for the hood from another new unit, and they did it.

Enviromental damage can happen, so look it over close before finalizing the deal on an $50K car.

Did you try using a claybar to remove the rail dust? Worked great for me.

Do not all cars ship by rail? On my window sticker it says convoy, on others I have seen rail.

It seems that most people here are having them shipped by rail. Mine says "Convoy" too. I'm guessing that means it's going to be put on a car carrying truck with others headed to the Northeast (maybe yours too!). I suppose it's based on geography and what orders are placed where. I think I'll be glad that my GT500 won't see a train. Sounds dirty ;)

Regardless of how mine arrives at the dealership, I'm thinking I may have them leave the car as is, not even wash it, until I can have a professional detailer either take care of it there, or bring it to his shop and prep it (cosmetically) for me.

That way the dealer wont have some jackass washing it down with a dirty rag and a bucket full of crap - or power washing my stripes right off the car. OK, So I'm a little OCD, but at least I can admit it...

Regardless of how mine arrives at the dealership, I'm thinking I may have them leave the car as is, not even wash it, until I can have a professional detailer either take care of it there, or bring it to his shop and prep it (cosmetically) for me.

That way the dealer wont have some jackass washing it down with a dirty rag and a bucket full of crap - or power washing my stripes right off the car. OK, So I'm a little OCD, but at least I can admit it...

You're not alone. I emailed my dealer weeks ago with specific instructions that I want the car as is. No washing, detailing, dealer badging, or unnecessary driving before I take delivery. We have all seen how dealerships clean and prep cars. I won't have a brand new car with swirl marks.

--OCD and proud of it.

Did you try using a claybar to remove the rail dust? Worked great for me.

Claybar didn't get it out. Black car with a gold shimmer on the door. You had to look for it, so I learned to live with it. Was your car black? This stuff was clearly embedded into the paint, like a wood sliver to the finger.

Claybar didn't get it out. Black car with a gold shimmer on the door. You had to look for it, so I learned to live with it. Was your car black? This stuff was clearly embedded into the paint, like a wood sliver to the finger.

Yes, all the cars I had were black. The Shelby I ordered will be Kona blue metallic, and it will get the Zaino process as soon as possible (except for the convertible top LOL). Zaino has some products that are supposed to get anything off the paint, although I haven't tried all of their stuff.

I told my dealer no washing, I will take care of it.

Yes, all the cars I had were black. The Shelby I ordered will be Kona blue metallic, and it will get the Zaino process as soon as possible (except for the convertible top LOL). Zaino has some products that are supposed to get anything off the paint, although I haven't tried all of their stuff.

I don't know what the Zaino process is, but I thought we need to wait a few months before waxing, polishing?

By the time our cars get here it would of been a few months since they were painted :unsure:

As soon as I get my car home I am going to wash it , clean wax it, glaze it and then put carnuba on it. I don't think this will hurt it in any way. I have already bought all the billet dress-up caps, bolts, battery and fuse box cover, hood prop rod, strut tower covers and plan to install them also. :happy feet: :drool:

I don't know what the Zaino process is, but I thought we need to wait a few months before waxing, polishing?

I drove past Auto ALLIANCE there are hundreds upon hundreds sitting outside, dont worry it has been cold and rainy here so no worries about sun damage, the rear end of the car is simply DISGUSTING, sorry but it really is.

I'm becoming desperate here. At this point I will take any rear I can get my hands on. :yup::sos:

I went over to the local Ford Dealer today and just stood there on the lot looking at a 2010 Torch Red GT. My wife thinks I am losing it.

The rear end on that GT sure looks good in person and the rest of the styling is drop dead gorgeous.

I went over to the local Ford Dealer today and just stood there on the lot looking at a 2010 Torch Red GT. My wife thinks I am losing it.

The rear end on that GT sure looks good in person and the rest of the styling is drop dead gorgeous.

i saw a ragtop 2010 GT on the road last week,torch red--even from the back,it looked great.

There is a couple coupes at the local dealer and I like the rear. Looks modern compared to the 05-09.

Archived