TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Infinity G

Chill

My wife and I were out cruising on Sunday and got challenged by a young fellow in a G. We think it was a 35 but it could have been a 37. Three lanes of traffic, we were in the center lane and the first to the stop light. I saw him weaving in and out of traffic trying to get the inside lane next to us which was the only empty slot. He pulled up next to us gunned his engine and lurched forward a few times. I ignored him even though I thought about racing, you just can't help it when driving our cars. While we were first at the light, traffic was heavy in front of us from the cross traffic turning on to the highway so there wasn't much room. The light turned green and he floored it, I accelerated at a normal SGT rate. My wife told me we should shut him down but I let him go. He didn't get far before he had to slam on brakes and we passed him driving normally before we turned. There were just too many people on the road to mess around. My wife said if she'd been driving......

I think it would have been close no matter. I checked the specs on the G's and they boast some good numbers (hp, 0-60 times, etc.) We're a stock convertible (heavier) and an automatic but we've got a Bamachips race tune (93 octane) and 373 gears. I think we would have taken him and I would have tried if the road had been empty even though I don't street race. If we had the Whipple I want ......

I have also noticed that everyone that sees us or gets around us starts driving like they have a sports car even if they are in a VW or a truck! I think our cars bring it out in everyone.

Guys like him have VERY small....umm...well...um....dip sticks!

:happy feet:

He's pissed that your car looks soooooooooooo much better and soooooooooooo much faster than his, so he has to prove his manhood.

Don't buy into it! You did the right thing!

Besides there are just as many sleeper cars out there with SC, turbo's or more often than not Nitrous, that it's really not worth it and proves nothing anyway.

Next time some @$$ pulls that stuff I would recommend everyone first ask yourself if the guy is worth dying for.

To me, bragging about beating a v6 isn't that impressive.

Ummmmmmmmmm

Are you Serious?????

Ever drive a Porsche????

How about the E46 M3???

Sorry, I love the V8, but that comment is crazy to make these days. The Germans are pushing as much or more out of V6's than we are V8's.

Racing on the street is even more retarded..

+1

I also dont quite understand this comment: "I think we would have taken him and I would have tried if the road had been empty even though I don't street race."

I dont know if I should commend you for not racing him or tell you your an idiot for what you would have dont if the streets would have been "empty". I assume by calling the streets "empty" you can see around all the corners (if in the city) and see the on/off ramps from a good distance (if on limited access roadway).

Reino, what I was saying was that I don't street race, however the situation was tempting. The "street" is 6 lane with no access for over a half mile at a time. Had it been empty I may well have, or probably would have, for a 100 foot or so. I don't really know since I wasn't presented with that situation.

Yeah NO fun ever do not live free EVER....scold him!!!!

Posting about street racing on the internet is even stupider than street racing.... :doh:

Used to be street racing was an American past-time...Research Woodward ave on google....the manufactures reps used to, get ready for this....street race......

My favorite post was from the guy who worked at Shelby back in the day and how they used to drink a pitcher of beer at lunch and other days they would street race at lunch....we have become so uptight as a Nation it is unreal...freedoms are gone.

The real problem now is it no longer is a 1/4 mile contest...or less....now its weave in and out of traffic for 30 miles at 90-120...thats the problem...Fast and furious....and endangering everyone else in the process...

I agree, no to street racing. It is not you I worry about it is the innocent people that are walking across the street when someone is speed shifting! Do the racing on the track. Nobody or very few can beat you any way McCoy!!!

Swede

I don't think we lost our freedom, more like our common sense.

Other than that I say have fun, but be safe.

I always find an abandon road or parking lot and set up cones there.

Have them Auto-X or Down and Backs, that way if they we damage our cars it's driver error and not stupidity.

I have posted before about growing up around street racers on a dedicated painted 1/4 mile in an abandoned warehouse district...

I'd bet way more folks die of smoking and by inexperienced drivers in general than street racing...tv just covers "street racing" more. And while I do not agree with it, the very definition of it is different now...

I'm talking about bragging about racing a v6 g35 with a blown v8 as not being impressive. If it was something else that would be different. Apples to apples people. There is always something faster out there, so all this internet bench racing is really just a moot point anyway. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, it's all good. :shift:

And nobody should swim in the ocean anymore because there's sharks out there and every summer they get insatiably hungry!

They must've been well fed I haven't heard a shark attack story in about TWO years now! Oh wait, do you think the media sensationalizes street racers and shark attacks???

I'm talking about bragging about racing a v6 g35 with a blown v8 as not being impressive. If it was something else that would be different. Apples to apples people. There is always something faster out there, so all this internet bench racing is really just a moot point anyway. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, it's all good. :shift:

Got it, agreed 100%

Archived