TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 prices - amazing

Torch40

A new GT500 with 427 miles with a buy it now price of 37,800. So much for our "investment".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...%3A1|240%3A1308

The market is down and sooner than later with all the Muscle cars in the market it will crash. Gas prices are inching up and the not so big three will change directions. I think the Shelby is on it's last legs. Over time if you own a Shelby you will see it go up . But enjoy what you have cause your lucky to have it.

bin laudin can KISS my ASS, he and those sick tapes he keeps making.

I tried to buy one from these guys last year and the pregered to sale the car to another dealer instead of me. Manager must have gotten more from them after I made my deal with the sales guy.

I tried to buy one from these guys last year and the pregered to sale the car to another dealer instead of me. Manager must have gotten more from them after I made my deal with the sales guy.

Ebay was my friend. :happy feet: Got my 09 Red with white stripes for 39.9.

Thanks

Greg

short term not a great investment.....

but i really believe with the new MPG fleet standards that we are seeing the last of the muscle cars for a while (maybe forever).....

Muscle cars will fade out over the next few years, replaced by glorified golf cars with electric motors..... 1000 ft-lb torque from the starting line, top speed 30 MPH!

I'm never selling mine so it doesnt matter.... but I wouldn't be surprised if these cars become collectors in 20-30 years despite the volume simply because they will be an extinct breed soon.

Hey guys bought mine on Ebay in December 2008 from VALLEY FORD HANFORD! I bought a 2008 GT500 torch red white stripes. Fully loaded!

advertised on ebay 43,800.00 bought at dealership 39,900.00

Thank you Mike Valley ford Hanford California! :happy feet:

short term not a great investment.....

but i really believe with the new MPG fleet standards that we are seeing the last of the muscle cars for a while (maybe forever).....

Muscle cars will fade out over the next few years, replaced by glorified golf cars with electric motors..... 1000 ft-lb torque from the starting line, top speed 30 MPH!

I'm never selling mine so it doesnt matter.... but I wouldn't be surprised if these cars become collectors in 20-30 years despite the volume simply because they will be an extinct breed soon.

Me too. Never selling mine.

Can't say I bought mine as an investment.

My wife bought me mine for my 50th birthday. For what she paid, it wasn't an investment since day one. But it sure was one heck of a present. I will never sell mine

I bought a 1966 GT350 (driver condition )back in 1981 for $10.000 and sold it in 1992 for $ 26.500 to me that was good money. TODAY THAT CAR WOULD BE WORTH $70.000 +.Also had a 1970 GT500 and made maybe $ 6000 over 3 years back in 1993. Todays prices are crazy and everything is restored to concours. It was fun buying these cars for $10000 to $15000 and driving them for a few years while they increased in value. Well at lease i had alot of fun back in the day. I NEVER ever would imagine Ford would bring back the Shelby with 500 hp, but sure am glad. Remember the 1979 Cobra Mustang with 140 hp ( WOW ). We have come full circle and then some.

This should be no surprise. Cars go down in value first ten or so years. My Lightning i bought for 18k used. A few years ago it was worth 13k. Now i believe it would go for about 20k. A few guys bought Lightnings and put them in storage. Never drove them. Seen them go for as high as 40k. But they don't make Lightnings anymore. So its going to be a while before GT500s go up. I bought mine as a toy. So i dont give a :censored: anyway.

I question if they'll ever go up, I bought my '07 with 4000 miles last month for 32k and if I had waited I'd have found one cheaper that's just the way it goes. I also bought mine to drive not as an investment, the one thing about it even 10 years from now a GT500 will be worth less money but it's still going to be a GT500, it will never be a Joe Dirt car like a run of the mill mustang will be. I hope anyway.

Love these cars and ya Hal, wish I could afford another.

Sure do love the road trips and getting there fast while going in style.

Still would have wanted one for the dream was too much to pass up!

Archived