TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats holding up the 2010 GT500!

Just talked to "Da Man" at Autoalliance!

Hes a GREAT guy and helped me alot! I asked him if he could let me know what was holding up the GT500s and if he could was it OK for me to let everyone know!

He said I could! The problem with the GT500 and SOME other Mustangs is the Airbag cover (the part we send off to have signed) is getting hot sitting in the sun and comes LOOSE! I had said in an early thread that Ford nor AA will not SHIP the cars until they are PERFECT!!! The parts are mfg in MN, then shipped to Mexico to be assembled with the airbags. Then shipped back to AA to be put in the cars!

AA expects to start shipping the cars that are in storage pretty soon and have them all gone with in the next 3-4 weeks!!!

I believe the cars that are in PRODUCTION now are getting the new airbag and should start shipping when they get BUILT!! I was told that a FEW cars have SHIPPED, but that most are still waiting on parts!!

I hope this helps. I would rather them hold the car until its perfect than ship a car and have to take it to get fixed when the sun hits it!!!

MM

Thanks MM! That seems like the most logical, reasonable, and complete explanation I have heard on any forum regarding this topic. Since I falsely hoped that they might ship this week, three to four weeks seems like an eternity, but it'll be worth it.

I got my Vin number today and my car is being built on June 22...I was also told the Shelbys on hold are actually starting to ship this week... :happy feet:

Hes a GREAT guy and helped me alot! I asked him if he could let me know what was holding up the GT500s and if he could was it OK for me to let everyone know!

He said I could! The problem with the GT500 and SOME other Mustangs is the Airbag cover (the part we send off to have signed) is getting hot sitting in the sun and comes LOOSE! I had said in an early thread that Ford nor AA will not SHIP the cars until they are PERFECT!!! The parts are mfg in MN, then shipped to Mexico to be assembled with the airbags. Then shipped back to AA to be put in the cars!

AA expects to start shipping the cars that are in storage pretty soon and have them all gone with in the next 3-4 weeks!!!

I believe the cars that are in PRODUCTION now are getting the new airbag and should start shipping when they get BUILT!! I was told that a FEW cars have SHIPPED, but that most are still waiting on parts!!

I hope this helps. I would rather them hold the car until its perfect than ship a car and have to take it to get fixed when the sun hits it!!!

MM

I agree that was exactly what I was told two weeks ago. They had one shipment of replacement trim pieces that did not work. The new pieces were to arrive the end of last week and Mr. airning told me to call him tomorrow to find out were in the refit process my car was. I hope I get a ship date tomorrow.

I agree that was exactly what I was told two weeks ago. They had one shipment of replacement trim pieces that did not work. The new pieces were to arrive the end of last week and Mr. airning told me to call him tomorrow to find out were in the refit process my car was. I hope I get a ship date tomorrow.

Hes the one that gave me the info. He doesnt have a date yet. I dont think he wants to give a date and then have another hold up.

Hes a great guy and has been very helpful to me over the last year or so.

MM

Hes the one that gave me the info. He doesnt have a date yet. I dont think he wants to give a date and then have another hold up.

MM

Michael-

Thanks for always providing accurate info and updates, and for keeping everybody calm while waiting for our babies to arrive. From the looks of your "sold" roster you guys down south really know your Shelby's. Wish you were closer to NJ so I could do my servicing and Mods with y'all...

Best,

Neil

MM

I talked to Mr. Arning today he verified that some cars had shipped and that the new parts for the air bag refit were arriving daily. Could not give me a shipdate on my car but he did say that it was in line to recieve the new parts. He was nice as always and wanted me to be sure a call him back after I recieved the car and let him no how I liked it. The way it sounds I should have mine by the end of the month. I asked him what he thought of the Sterling Grey Metalic looked, he said you remember the Eleanor color that is what it reminds me of. :shift: :happy feet:

I talked to Mr. Arning today he verified that some cars had shipped and that the new parts for the air bag refit were arriving daily. Could not give me a shipdate on my car but he did say that it was in line to recieve the new parts. He was nice as always and wanted me to be sure a call him back after I recieved the car and let him no how I liked it. The way it sounds I should have mine by the end of the month. I asked him what he thought of the Tungsten Grey Metalic looked, he said you remember the Eleanor color that is what it reminds me of. :shift: :happy feet:

Hey ISAID, could you post the phone number for me where you you call this fellow, Mr. Arning???

I've never had the pleasure of speaking with him.

I think that when we all have our new cars that we should consider sending him a small token of appreciation. I have never spoken with him, but he has been our ONLY source of (presumably) reliable information and has gone well beyond his duties in accommodating us.

I don't know why Ford would consider this a problem when they'll be sitting in garages most of their lives anyway and never see the light of day.... :poke:

I dont know about your Shelby, but I plan to drive it...

:burnout:

It may be stored every night in a garage, but its gonna get driven when its not resting.

:yup:

I don't know why Ford would consider this a problem when they'll be sitting in garages most of their lives anyway and never see the light of day.... :poke:

Maybe I will just drive mine at night or on cold days only. :shift::speedie::peelout:

It may be stored every night in a garage, but its gonna get driven when its not resting.

Man, lightin up, I'm just kidding........ And I do drive mine, not every day, but has been for over 7,000 joyful miles.

Same here. It will turn into a daily driver once my S4 decides to blow it's turbos and requires a 15k upgrade.

Man, lightin up, I'm just kidding........ And I do drive mine, not every day, but has been for over 7,000 joyful miles.

I'm kiddin with you too man... None of us here are "garage queen keepers" from what I can gather.

Like your color, my new vert is Kona Blue/Silver.

So, I spoke to Ralph Arning at AAI, and here is the scoop (on my car).

My window sticker shows a build date of June 3rd, however the car is still not built, they are somewhere in the area of 2 weeks behind because the plant was closed for 2 weeks. (Not quite sure why). Compound that with the materials issues they had with airbag covers (which Ralph confirmed is now rectified), struggling to retrofit the already built cars and ship them, and also keep up with production. So he felt confident that my "new" build date (as it shows in their system) of week of June 15th was solid/accurate, and that I would see the car "ROUGHLY" 10-14 days afterwards, so looking at last week of June or first few days of July.

Hoping that this info helps some of you out as far as expected delivery dates.

Side note: This guy Ralph Arning, he's the bomb... :superhero: he spent about 20 minutes on the phone with me talking about the car, and how much we are ALL gonna love this new baby. How if you're not smiling ear to ear when you're done with your ride, you need your pulse checked. If you need a sanity check, just call Ralph, you'll feel better after you do. And - he didn't even ask me for an insurance co-pay for the therapy session.

My window sticker shows a build date of June 3rd, however the car is still not built, they are somewhere in the area of 2 weeks behind because the plant was closed for 2 weeks. (Not quite sure why). Compound that with the materials issues they had with airbag covers (which Ralph confirmed is now rectified), struggling to retrofit the already built cars and ship them, and also keep up with production. So he felt confident that my "new" build date (as it shows in their system) of week of June 15th was solid/accurate, and that I would see the car "ROUGHLY" 10-14 days afterwards, so looking at last week of June or first few days of July.

Side note: This guy Ralph Arning, he's the bomb... :superhero: he spent about 20 minutes on the phone with me talking about the car, and how much we are ALL gonna love this new baby. How if you're not smiling ear to ear when you're done with your ride, you need your pulse checked. If you need a sanity check, just call Ralph, you'll feel better after you do. And - he didn't even ask me for an insurance co-pay for the therapy session.

It is going to be well worth the wait. Looks like a bunch of New June Mustang babies are going to be born.. Maybe even a few twins.. :baby:

I agree he is a great guy and very passionite about these cars that gives me a good feeling to know the he is so passonite about his work and takes pride in these cars. I ask him when I talked to him if he had driven the new GT500'S and he said yes and I ask how he liked them? He told me the exact thing he told you that if your are not smiling ear to ear after driving this car you need to get your pulse checked. I am really getting exicted about getting my car it has been a long wait since February but I believe we all are going to love these cars. :happy feet: :shift::shift:

That's funny. I have been holding off on calling him because I didn't want to be a pain in the a$$ (even though he sounds like a pleasant guy), but I broke down earlier today and left him a message. I know for a fact that my car is already built and awaiting shipment. I'll let you know what he says. Hopefully delivery by the end of June.... :waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting:

That's funny. I have been holding off on calling him because I didn't want to be a pain in the a$$ (even though he sounds like a pleasant guy), but I broke down earlier today and left him a message. I know for a fact that my car is already built and awaiting shipment. I'll let you know what he says. Hopefully delivery by the end of June.... :waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting:

If doesn't call you back call him again you will enjoy speaking with him. Don't be afraid to ask him specific questions about the car or the color you chose he loves to talk about these cars. I think he loves these cars so much he doesn't want to let them leave the plant. Maybe that's what the hold up has been? :hysterical:

I spoke with him today. Nice guy. I informed him my car was built May 3 and he said its about in the middle of the batch and that it would ship in 3 weeks.

Kind of disappointed. I was hoping sooner.

It sounds like cars that were ordered months after I did are going to ship about month earlier. :headscratch:

I spoke with him today. Nice guy. I informed him my car was built May 3 and he said its about in the middle of the batch and that it would ship in 3 weeks.

Kind of disappointed. I was hoping sooner.

It sounds like cars that were ordered months after I did are going to ship about month earlier. :headscratch:

That what MM told me --the more recent cars would ship first,since they were easier to get at and ship.Luckily mine was built last week,so Im hoping earlier than the 6/22 date i got.

Can you post your VIN to give us a reference point. thx

I'm kiddin with you too man... None of us here are "garage queen keepers" from what I can gather.

Like your color, my new vert is Kona Blue/Silver.

QUEEN, with her throne on the floor in the garage, custom ramp to prevent moisture.

post-20972-1244163689_thumb.jpg

post-20972-1244163689_thumb.jpg

MM

Hopefully the hold up was a redesign of the rear end, YUCK.

Archived