TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I finally got pic's and pics' of my CAI & new light bar too.

Tammy

I really like the looks of the light bar. I'm torn on the decision on whether to get one or not as it is all style, no function.

Did you consider building one out of race car tubing and wrapping it with a sculpted backing and a leather cover. Not sure how structural you could make it not known the cars construction and you would have to have some sort of diagonal brace and that will take some engineering as well as major expense me thinks :banghead:

Did you consider building one out of race car tubing and wrapping it with a sculpted backing and a leather cover. Not sure how structural you could make it not known the cars construction and you would have to have some sort of diagonal brace and that will take some engineering as well as major expense me thinks :banghead:

Haven't considered it. But I don't think the basic light bar does anything structurally. It is nice looking though. :hyper:

I know what's doing it but is there a fix besides staying off the gas which defeats the purpose of a mod.

I don't have my car yet so I'm not sure on the fix but if there's any way to raise the bar a little that would do it. I wonder if anybody else is having the same problem. What kind of CAI is it?

It's a JLT and we just had it put on tuesday night. It was raining so my husband only took it out yesterday and of course invented a run to the store for battery's at lunch today. LOL Others are having this problem. One said they raised the bar using bushings 1/4" and it's still rubbing and like him we are afraid it's going to rub a nice hole in it.

Tucker,

Tony placed it as low as it would go and that's the end result. Dub called tony the next day (wenesday) and Tony's response was it was a protype and he was emailing you about it to see what could be done. :) Maybe check with Tony when you have time. It's really marred it badly as you can see from the pics i took thrusday.

Tucker,

Tony placed it as low as it would go and that's the end result. Dub called tony the next day (wenesday) and Tony's response was it was a protype and he was emailing you about it to see what could be done. :) Maybe check with Tony when you have time. It's really marred it badly as you can see from the pics i took thrusday.

Tammy, trust me, there is a lot of adjustment in/out and up and down.

There is actually a slight dip in the top half of the pipe that needs to be under the STB.

Keep in mind this kit's on a drag car with out this issue.

I feel another attempt needs to be made to get it to fit better for you.

Feel free to contact me wneh you get it straight.

Jay

Since Tony did the install i'll talk with him agian on Monday. I know i'm not the only one having the issue. Thanks

Tammy, with all due respect, You and Cobra8u are the only 2 having the issue (50 shipped this past week), let's not make this out to be more then what it is,and he posted he made the adjustment and made it lower.

I loosened the clamps and could adjust the intake down alittle. It looks like it will be OK. I'm still going to leave the shims under the bar. You can't really see them and they don't hurt anything.

I understand your concern, but not your action.

As I had explained we made this as large as we could, but to still fit under the STB. All you need to do is see Tony and let him make some adjustments to it.

I'm not understanding why this is out of the question.

If your not satisfied with the fit after Tony adjusts it feel free to return it. You can't ask for much more then that.

All I ask is you at least have the adjustments made.

Tony emailing me will not fix the problem, he needs to see the car and make the needed adjustments.

Tammy, trust me, there is a lot of adjustment in/out and up and down.

There is actually a slight dip in the top half of the pipe that needs to be under the STB.

Keep in mind this kit's on a drag car with out this issue.

I feel another attempt needs to be made to get it to fit better for you.

Feel free to contact me wneh you get it straight.

Jay

I hope Jay is right, in that there is plenty of adjustment. On that drag car, the bar has been removed. Check out the pictures in the following link.

I wonder if this is why they took it off?

I have a JLT CAI ordered too, from Justin, so I haven't tried to install it yet. http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/9.wmv

Tammy, with all due respect, You and Cobra8u are the only 2 having the issue (50 shipped this past week), let's not make this out to be more then what it is,and he posted he made the adjustment and made it lower.

I understand your concern, but not your action.

As I had explained we made this as large as we could, but to still fit under the STB. All you need to do is see Tony and let him make some adjustments to it.

I'm not understanding why this is out of the question.

If your not satisfied with the fit after Tony adjusts it feel free to return it. You can't ask for much more then that.

All I ask is you at least have the adjustments made.

Tony emailing me will not fix the problem, he needs to see the car and make the needed adjustments.

A simple placard placed where the unit is to be positioned under the STB might be a good Rev? Could save a lot of headach and money.

I hope Jay is right, in that there is plenty of adjustment. On that drag car, the bar has been removed. Check out the pictures in the following link.

I have a JLT CAI ordered too, from Justin, so I haven't tried to install it yet. http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/9.wmv

The STB has been on up until recant.

Thanks

Jay

Linky did not worky.

Seems like allot of bad press on this !

Kind of scarey !

Jay,

I'm not trying to be ugly. I was just saying that as soon as we noticed the scrub my husband called Tony. (next morning) Tony told him that he lowered it all he could. That's pretty much what you have said since then for us to do is lower it more. According to Tony he did install and lower it all he could. Tony stated to us wenesday he'd email you for more info on a possible fix. Then i posted this infomation for you once on this forum and svt. Your post come across as very upset with me for asking about this. I understand you have shipped many of these and I can't speak for all those you shipped i'm just stating mine has a problem. So did Cobra8. He tried your fix to see if that has helped him but i have'nt seen where he's posted since that it's truely fixed it. I hope it did and it's that simple. I'm not trying to be nasty or anything i'm just looking for a solultion and i'm sure once Tony gets back to work on Monday he'll get with you since he can explain better how it's installed and you can see where adjustments may need to be made on my particular car. I love the piece and think it's beautiful and it's doing a great job. I just don't like it's not fitting correctly and that it's marred and could cause long term damage to the unit by scrubbing a hole in it. I did'nt think posting about it here would upset you so much hopefully we'll get it resolved soon and all will be well.

Guys this is an awesome piece. You will be highly impressed when you see the quality of it. It does everything it's suppose to and it looks amazing. I'm sure my issue will be resolved the first of the week. It's not a big deal it's just so damn nice its ashamed it's even scracthed up.

Archived