TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What will it feel like?

Ok. Seriously. I'm coming out of a bi-turbo Audi S4 and jumping into the Shel. I'm wondering what my reaction will be and if someone can explain the driving and power dynamics. Since this is my first rear-wheel drive car, I feel like a girl who has been told by my parents that it's bad to play in that area. I need to know what it will feel like. Thanks.

3 words - Pure American Muscle!

Haven't driven a 2010 but the 09' I had the best way to describe the acceleration was unbelievably smooth. You could ease through the gears and be running 80 before you knew it. I would have liked the old slam you back in the seat like my Mach1 does but with a 3:31 real axle and the smoothnes it didn't happen for me, also from what I have read you noticed a marked improvement in performance once you hit 10K miles. Hope this helps some.

Cobra09

Haven't driven a 2010 but the 09' I had the best way to describe the acceleration was unbelievably smooth. You could ease through the gears and be running 80 before you knew it. I would have liked the old slam you back in the seat like my Mach1 does but with a 3:31 real axle and the smoothnes it didn't happen for me, also from what I have read you noticed a marked improvement in performance once you hit 10K miles. Hope this helps some.

Cobra09

In stock trim I agree with your description. With the CAI and a tune from one of our vendors the boost comes up at twice the speed as the OEM tune or pro-cal tune. It will slam you in the seat especially if you have good sticky tires.

Archived