TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Spent the afternoon in a 06 Z06

Pathman

I've got a fellow car nut buddy who just added a Z06 to his sizable stable of toys. The first thing I noticed driving this car that it in no way compares to our beloved Shelby. These two cars are as different as night and day. After the mods to my baby (roughly a stage 3) I think I've got the acceleration and torque war won hands down, but that's about it. The vette handles like it's on rails and the lightweight and quick steering make it feel more like a formula one style racecar. I'm sure I wouldn't want to tangle with one of these things with some mods in a straight line either. No way I could jump to the dark side, but, I do get why some guys swear by these cars, I was impressed, didn't know the bow-tie guys made a car I could enjoy driving. Now, time to decide what color the 2010 will be.

I've got a fellow car nut buddy who just added a Z06 to his sizable stable of toys. The first thing I noticed driving this car that it in no way compares to our beloved Shelby. These two cars are as different as night and day. After the mods to my baby (roughly a stage 3) I think I've got the acceleration and torque war won hands down, but that's about it. The vette handles like it's on rails and the lightweight and quick steering make it feel more like a formula one style racecar. I'm sure I wouldn't want to tangle with one of these things with some mods in a straight line either. No way I could jump to the dark side, but, I do get why some guys swear by these cars, I was impressed, didn't know the bow-tie guys made a car I could enjoy driving. Now, time to decide what color the 2010 will be.

Good write-up. How was the comfort and driving position? Cabin entry\exit? Headroom?

Good write-up. How was the comfort and driving position? Cabin entry\exit? Headroom?

As you know, you will be sitting right on the pavement, so that took a little getting used to, but the door entry was more than adequate and the headroom was fine. I thought the driving position was great and easily tailored to suit your wishes. The heads up display is beyond cool and engine sounds in the cabin were exactly perfect, I really miss the pushrod rumble.

Good write up and thanks for sharing. I am thinking of adding one in the next year possibly, the shelby is about where I want her now.

That's awesome man :)

I never got a chance to drive a Z06 but I have driven a regular Vette and I would absolutely agree... that handling is incredible.

But I felt a little claustrophobic in the cabin. It's an awesome design and perfectly suited to performance driving, but I felt kind of stuck into the seat a bit.

Archived