TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Interior Package

jjcincy

Here are some pics of the interior package for the GT500 from the Shelby store. I was very impressed with the end product, the process and the communication. Gary Disney was great to work with and we even changed ideas about the final product. The new cushions on the front seats really feel a lot better and grips you around the corners. The seats and inserts are darker then the pics and the stitching matches the shift boot and steering wheel, now I just need the console :)

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

Thanks!!! The package from Shelby included installation, the only thing I did was pull the front and rear seats out. This was more my preference so that I could drop the seats off rather then the car :)

resizedIMG_0005.jpgresizedIMG_0005.jpg

Here are some pics of the interior package for the GT500 from the Shelby store. I was very impressed with the end product, the process and the communication. Gary Disney was great to work with and we even changed ideas about the final product. The new cushions on the front seats really feel a lot better and grips you around the corners. The seats and inserts are darker then the pics and the stitching matches the shift boot and steering wheel, now I just need the console :)

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

I just had my upgraded interior package installed last week. Came out Great!!! I now have the red/black console lid cover ordered. Should finish the interior off very nicely!!!resizedIMG_0005.jpg

Is that color combination the black with silver-leaf inserts?

They ship the new leather and pieces to an installer in your area. The installer will call you to male the appointment, this is all included in the price. You can drop off your car, but I pulled the seats out and left them with the installer. It takes a few hours to do the work and then I put the seats back in. It is very painless :)

so these seat covers are sold seperate or installed? Installed means shipping your seats to Shelby? Doesn't sound right.

How is the fit and finish ?. Do they have a lot of wrinkles ? The reason i ask is. I know a few custom automotive upholsters and they wouldn't touch a job like this for less then 5k or more. For a craftsman to make high quality seats covers isn't cheap. Just wondering where they are having these covers made. When i took my seats apart. I found seams lines anywhere from 1/4 to 5/8's of an inch. They should of been all on 3/8s seam line. When i did my seats. I did every seam on a perfect 1/2 inch seam line. That's the difference between a craftsman's and someone doing piece work. I spent about 35 to 40 hours on my rear seats. Just materials alone would come out to around 7 or 8 hundred or more. Depending on the quality of the leather hides. Leather hides, thread, glue, foam, embroidery work, just to name a few expenses. Not much room for profit at 2k. I'd like to see pics of these covers before there installed. I'm not saying that they are poor quality. Never seen them before. Just seems like a lot for your money and that just doesn't happen much anymore. But they could still be good deal for 2k. I found out that its like any other work you have done. Its hard to find a shop that's real good at upholstery at any price. That's why i learned how to do it myself. First shop i walked in, told me if he did my headliner. That there is no way to recover my sunvisors to match. Here's a pic of one of my sunvisors that i recovered in black Alcantara just like my headliner. I emailed him a pic and told him. if you want i'll stop by and show you how to do them. This is a well known custom upholstery shop that came highly recommended to do my Shelby.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

The only part in a gt500 that is leather is your shift boot and steering wheel. I cant speak for Shelbys interior package. But i bought the best leather, thread, foam, and glue. Money can buy. Its a completely different car now. Stock Shelby is all vinyl and proudly made in Mexico.

I thought the front factory seats had leather on the front side vinyl on the back side and the back seats were all vinyl.

They ship the new leather and pieces to an installer in your area. The installer will call you to male the appointment, this is all included in the price. You can drop off your car, but I pulled the seats out and left them with the installer. It takes a few hours to do the work and then I put the seats back in. It is very painless :)

Cool!!

I just might do this only if I can get alloy inserts to match my stripes.

Thanks

Archived