TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meet up in Town of Shelby WI

sbornitz

What date works best for you  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What date works to meet in Shelby WI

• July 25th Weekend
    • August 15th Weekend (Holmen Kornfest is this weekend and they have a large car show on Sunday)
    • Other (if you choose this please post the date that works for you)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time is comming near. Sounds like a great turnout for the inaugeral year. Thanks to Steve and Jody for all the help in getting this started.

It is going to be a fun adventure packed day. There is one more surpise I am working on getting set up for Saturday. If I can pull it off I think everyone that attends will enjoy it! :happy feet:

I sure wanted to go. My service manager is taking vacation part of this week and the next so I am stuck working.

Have fun everyone, hopefully next year I can make it.

Steve

That is too bad. Hopefully we can catch up again before Shelbyfest next year. Maybe I can load the car up and come down to put some new parts on and dyno :happy feet: . Now I just need to figure out how to pay for the new parts that I don't have :headscratch::hysterical: .

That is too bad. Hopefully we can catch up again before Shelbyfest next year. Maybe I can load the car up and come down to put some new parts on and dyno :happy feet: . Now I just need to figure out how to pay for the new parts that I don't have :headscratch::hysterical: .

I have parts but have to pay for a tune!

I hope so!

The free dyno offer still stands!

It sucks this year because I will have to miss this and the trip to Dearborn next month. I hope next year I can get more time away!

I am going to EFI school this October, I have a pretty good handle on tuning my own car now but hope to be able to learn much more so if anyone needs help I will be more than willing!........ For the fun of it.

Steve

PS , I dynoed a 2.2 litre 4 cylinder Corolla 2 weeks ago. 730 plus rwhp sae!!! Ouch!!

I have parts but have to pay for a tune!

Get them parts on! Depending what you have a tune shouldn't be too much. Marv can get you handled or if it isn't too complicated.............like a Whipple 2.9 that no one has had an easy time with I would be willing to help. For the fun of it!

Have a great time this weekend!

Steve

Quick question - is this event going to be "Kid Friendly"??? Girl age 10 and boy age 12 and my Girlfriend, who does not think that she or the kids are gonig to enjoy themselves much at this event. Anyone else bringing kids with them??

I'm hoping that they will have fun at this event. Suggestions?

Quick question - is this event going to be "Kid Friendly"??? Girl age 10 and boy age 12 and my Girlfriend, who does not think that she or the kids are gonig to enjoy themselves much at this event. Anyone else bringing kids with them??

Without the registrations in front of me I am going to say that there are at least 10 other kids (similar ages) signed up to attend. The park that we are starting at has tons of stuff for the kids to do. The brewery tour may be a little boring for them but who knows. It will be like a little science kit and maybe they will enjoy that. When we head out to Dirks house to look at his cars he has a HUGE lot that the kids can run around on. I will make sure to bring a football and a few other items to hopefully keep the kids busy there if they do not want to drool over all of the cars. Then the cruise is a little over an hour and then we will be at a very nice park for some pictures before dinner. We tried to make this event family friendly!

Steve-wish I could make it! Sounds like fun. Connor has Cub Scout obligations in the evening and I have to work all weekend-maybe next year though. Take and post lots of pics! Larry

That is too bad. Hope Connor has fun at Cub Scouts! Scout type programs are always a good time and good learning experience for the kids. There is always next year for this event. Hopefully we will see you again next year at Shelbyfest! It sucks having to wait a whole year to see people in between events. It is like after we got the Shelby our family grew by a few :happy feet: . Although some of them are crazy :finger: . But that is why we fit in :hysterical: .

This event will always be kid and spouse friendly. Our families should be able to enjoy out group as much as we do

I hope so!

The free dyno offer still stands!

It sucks this year because I will have to miss this and the trip to Dearborn next month. I hope next year I can get more time away!

I am going to EFI school this October, I have a pretty good handle on tuning my own car now but hope to be able to learn much more so if anyone needs help I will be more than willing!........ For the fun of it.

Steve

PS , I dynoed a 2.2 litre 4 cylinder Corolla 2 weeks ago. 730 plus rwhp sae!!! Ouch!!

How does a corolla plant 730HP :headscratch: ? Do you have pictures of the car by chance. I have a hard enough time planting 500rwhp with 12" drag radials.

Have fun at school. I am sure you will enjoy it and be even more helpful than you already are.

This event will always be kid and spouse friendly. Our families should be able to enjoy out group as much as we do

The family feel that you get at these events is one reason why my wife and I enjoy them so much. The people that we have run into with Shelbys are the best people in the world! There was that one guy that passed me and Larry on our way to Shelbyfest in April with his top down and did not even look over and smile or waive :finger: . But other than him everyone is great!

For those of you keeping track Saturday is 3 days away but as of right now there is only a 10-20% chance for rain with a high of 76F :happy feet: :shift: .

The family feel that you get at these events is one reason why my wife and I enjoy them so much. The people that we have run into with Shelbys are the best people in the world! There was that one guy that passed me and Larry on our way to Shelbyfest in April with his top down and did not even look over and smile or waive :finger: . But other than him everyone is great!

For those of you keeping track Saturday is 3 days away but as of right now there is only a 10-20% chance for rain with a high of 76F :happy feet: :shift: .

Great weather report! Good times Pictures Shelbys and Mustangs, Cruzin and dinner. Damn, I cant wait

Steve,

I wish Beth & I could come, but we'll be in South Carolina packing up and bringing my middle daughter back to Iowa. However, I will get one Shelby treat on that trip. I'll get to see SGT/SC2873's newly whipple supercharged car. Even on family business I can find a way to invlove Shelby! Have a great time, maybe next year.

Dave

Steve,

I wish Beth & I could come, but we'll be in South Carolina packing up and bringing my middle daughter back to Iowa. However, I will get one Shelby treat on that trip. I'll get to see SGT/SC2873's newly whipple supercharged car. Even on family business I can find a way to invlove Shelby! Have a great time, maybe next year.

Dave

Dave, good luck with the move. It is always nice to throw in a little pleasure with the business. Hopefully you can make it next year. We should have the date out much farther in advance which helps in the planning. Steve

Dave, good luck with the move. It is always nice to throw in a little pleasure with the business. Hopefully you can make it next year. We should have the date out much farther in advance which helps in the planning. Steve

We will look at other dates going forward. We would like to spread things out a bit so we dont have events on top of other events as we do this year with the big event August 9th at Road America. If anyone has suggestions, please forward them to Steve or Myself

What is the name of the park where we are meeting for lunch? Is anyone else staying at Stoney Creek Inn? Is anything going on Friday night? A co-worker who is from La Crosse recommended the Bodega Pub and I noticed in the visitor's guide that the Blues Lounge has live blues and jazz of Friday and Saturday nights and a private cigar lounge. I think we will get into town no later than 9pm Friday.

Jim

What is the name of the park where we are meeting for lunch? Is anyone else staying at Stoney Creek Inn? Is anything going on Friday night? A co-worker who is from La Crosse recommended the Bodega Pub and I noticed in the visitor's guide that the Blues Lounge has live blues and jazz of Friday and Saturday nights and a private cigar lounge. I think we will get into town no later than 9pm Friday.

Jim

The name of the park is Mormon Coulee Park. The address to use for directions is N1165 Park Drive, La Crosse WI. We had not planned anything for Friday night as we did not know how many people are coming in on Friday. I am not sure how many people are coming in tomorrow. Most of the people that registered are from about 2 hours away or less. I think they are driving in on Saturday morning.

The Bodega has quite the beer selection :beerchug: . I am not familiar with the blues lounge. Give me a call when you get into town if you want to go out for a drink :beerchug: or whatever. My cell is 608-498-7411. I should have all the food and everything else ready to go for Saturday by the time you get into town and will be ready for a drink :party: .

Steve

You can also call if you have any other questions or need info.

Got drenched on the way into La Crosse tonight and a pretty big rock slide on the Great River Road coming up from Prairie du Chien.

Ouch. That road is a beautiful drive unless it is in the rain. Then the rock slide possibilities are endless. Glad to hear that you made it here safe! See you at the park. But who know I once I start getting the cars ready I will probably run out :shift: to Stoney Creek and check out the car :drool: .

Archived