TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meet up in Town of Shelby WI

sbornitz

What date works best for you  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What date works to meet in Shelby WI

• July 25th Weekend
    • August 15th Weekend (Holmen Kornfest is this weekend and they have a large car show on Sunday)
    • Other (if you choose this please post the date that works for you)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to get a rough schedule of events out so that people can decide if they want to attend.

Arrive any time after 10

11am - 1pm Lunch (brats, sloppy joes, salads, chips)

1:30 depart for brewery

2-3:30 brewery tour

3:30-6 cruise with stops for pictures

6:30 dinner

I should hopefully have the registration form done this weekend. We are finalizing all the details but we will be have a registration fee which will include lunch for the driver and then a small fee for additional lunches. All proceeds from this event will go to a charity.

Provided the weather cooperates that day there are plenty of slides/swings/monkey bars for the kids (yes you only have to be a kid at heart to use them, although weight limits may apply :hysterical: ). The park also has a horshoe pit, volleyball net, basketball hoops, and we will bring bean bag toss.

I will also be putting together a list of addresses and phone numbers for hotels and gas stations. Nothing is worse than getting bad 91 octane or stuck in a motel no tell.

Exciting news. :happy feet:

We hav all been invited to Dirk L. Gasterlands Place to view his collection. Dirk is a member of the board of directors for SAAC and a colector You can see what he has Here:

http://www.dirksgarage.net/

We have a very cool revision to the schedule. We will be going to a local car collector's house to see his collection.

Here is the new schedule:

11am - 1pm Lunch (brats, sloppy joes, salads, chips)

1:15 depart for brewery

1:30-2:30 brewery tour

2:30-4:00 Cruise to Dirk's house to view his collection ( www.dirksgarage.net )

4:00-6:00 cruise with stops for pictures

6:30 dinner

Take a look at Dirks website and you will see all of the vehicles that he owns. He has a nice property and we will hopefully be able to get a good group picture!

For those needing to mapquest or gps the park use:

N1165 Park Dr

La Crosse WI 54601

Once you are on park dr just continue to the end and you can not miss the shelter.

I also attached a sheet with a few hotels and gas stations that have quality fuel from my experience. I will also say that I have not heard bad things about any of the chain hotels in the area. The three on the list I know are nice from experience.

Gas_Stations_and_Hotels.pdf

Gas_Stations_and_Hotels.pdf

I will be attending with my wife and 3 year old duaghter. Its only about an hour an half drive from my house

Looking forward to meeting you!

Got a registration today from another member from Minnesota so you won't be the only Minnesotan here.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Got a registration today from another member from Minnesota so you won't be the only Minnesotan here.

It will be nice to meet TS members from around here. I've been to Terlingua, Shelby Bash Vegas, 427 race and Tulsa so I know alot of TS members from Texas and California but still haven't meet anybody from around here in person.

Where is the registration form? I think I've missed it in the thread.

It will be nice to meet TS members from around here. I've been to Terlingua, Shelby Bash Vegas, 427 race and Tulsa so I know alot of TS members from Texas and California but still haven't meet anybody from around here in person.

Not a problem. I can just attach it again. If anyone needs it in a pdf format rather than a word document let me know.

CruisetoShelby_registration_2009.doc

CruisetoShelby_registration_2009.doc

I would like to make it but won't be able to this year. Please let me know if this becomes an annual event.

Jim

Our intent is to make this an annual event. We will be more organized for next year with information coming out much sooner so that people can plan in advance. Hopefully next year will work out for you! BTW beautiful car!

Steve

Looking forward to meeting you

Looking forward to meeting you

Likewise, it will be nice to put a face to all the online personalities.

So far what is the current number of cars and people that will be attending?

The week after this Shelby WI meet is Osh Kosh and I really want to attend that as well.

So far we have commitments from around 12-15 cars. Everything from a 67 fastback to a 90 foxer to a 06 GTH happy%20feet.gif and a few 500's as well. I would expect this number to go up this week.

There is also a Mustang run today in Winona MN and I should be getting a few more registrations in person today!

I will be traveling back from Cleveland on Friday 7/24. I'm totally planning to attend but need to confirm a few things with my schedule. I just won't have the time to really clean SGT up to be 'Show' clean.

I will be traveling back from Cleveland on Friday 7/24. I'm totally planning to attend but need to confirm a few things with my schedule. I just won't have the time to really clean SGT up to be 'Show' clean.

I live here in town and my car won't be 'show' clean. Looking forward to meeting you.

We are starting to get quite a list of cars attending!

GT500s

SGTs

GTH

Foose

67 Fastback

Fox body

And many more

I will be attending with my Girlfriend and her 2 back seat co-pilots. We should be pulling into town at about 10:30am or something close to that. I'd like to have a second to run through the car wash to wash some bugs off the car after the drive down from Minneapolis.

---

I'll see if I can round up a couple other folks that I know of in the area ;)

Trevor

I will be attending with my Girlfriend and her 2 back seat co-pilots. We should be pulling into town at about 10:30am or something close to that. I'd like to have a second to run through the car wash to wash some bugs off the car after the drive down from Minneapolis.

---

Trevor

Glad to hear that it will work out!

The closest self serve to the event is:

splash superwash

3407 Fiesta Ct

La Crosse WI 54601

Just make sure to bring your microfibers! I don't even like using the brush on my truck. Their spot free rinse is not the best but then again my car is black and shows everything.

---

Trevor

Glad you can make it! Looking forward to meeting you

Plans have changed. My wife and I will be attending. I'll be sending my reservation form soon. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Jim :happy feet: :shift:

Outstanding Jim. I can see a group pictire comming!

Archived