TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Driving Around

ilmor

It was a gorgeous day in CT yesterday, so we took a drive to dinner and then to nearby Collinsville, CT. Of course, I had to take a photo of the car (w/ the iPhone).....

shelbygtcollinsville.jpg

It was a gorgeous day in CT yesterday, so we took a drive to dinner and then to nearby Collinsville, CT. Of course, I had to take a photo of the car (w/ the iPhone).....

The car looks good Ilmor! Especially with that shiny new (and not warped) hood scoop!

I took out the '66 yesterday and the SGT today before the rain came. Great weather, but a lot of pollen to dust off the car now...

-yellow pony

It was a great day to get out for sure. I started to go to old-town Frederick and wound up in Harpers Ferry. The blue ridge mountains and the Shenandoah and Potomac rivers made for a beautiful drive. If there is anyone who lives in this area and wants to go cruisin' up to Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry, or DC, let me know. There must have been a Corvette show or run because I ran into about 25 of them. Great day for going topless.

The car looks good Ilmor! Especially with that shiny new (and not warped) hood scoop!

I took out the '66 yesterday and the SGT today before the rain came. Great weather, but a lot of pollen to dust off the car now...

-yellow pony

Yeah, speaking of pollen, etc. I washed my SGT yesterday afternoon. While I was doing so, the wind picked up and all this cotton-like seeds began drifting around and sticking to my wet car! Then as I was doing the tires, I noticed yellow pollen swirling in the air. Frustrating! :hysterical: I just tried to ignore it. After I finished the tires / wheels, I moved it into the garage and closed the doors as quickly as possible!! Later that evening I dusted it off and started putting a little mequiars detailer on it - all the stuff was gone and all ok.

Archived