TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR

ctann

I bet they put on real hood scoops and go with the aluminum block...maybe a lightened version of the GT500??? Like a race version??? Hmmm...

Wish I had the money to go after one of these..

Whatever it will be ,I'm sure it will be out fo reach for many of us cost wise.Especially if you're budget stretched already.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever it will be ,I'm sure it will be out fo reach for many of us cost wise.Especially if you're budget stretched already.

While I'm sure Ford has this locked out as an option, let's assume Shelby acquires Mustangs similar to Saleen, Roush, et al., or maybe the "body in white" (I think that is the correct term.) Shelby American then does whatever and releases the 500KR. (Is this sounding like 1965 all over again?)

Doubt I will buy the GT500, though I would like the bragging rights of saying I "have one in the garage," and almost certainly wouldn't buy the higher price KR, I do know which these I would consider being the real Shelby Mustang.

While I'm sure Ford has this locked out as an option, let's assume Shelby acquires Mustangs similar to Saleen, Roush, et al., or maybe the "body in white" (I think that is the correct term.) Shelby American then does whatever and releases the 500KR. (Is this sounding like 1965 all over again?)

Doubt I will buy the GT500, though I would like the bragging rights of saying I "have one in the garage," and almost certainly wouldn't buy the higher price KR, I do know which these I would consider being the real Shelby Mustang.

If Shelby Automotive starts with the GT500 that you order from Ford ,then makes the "upgrades" it is still the same Shelby GT500 . The diff being it will be taken to the next level by Shelby.

However this might be a moot point because Ford might be doing the upgrades themselves.I'm sure that if Shelby Auto. does the "upgrades it will def add a much longer wait for the car,but it will probably be worth the wait. The cost is another issue though.

Anyway it is very exciting to think that we even have these possible "upgrades" to look forward to! :yup:

If Shelby Automotive starts with the GT500 that you order from Ford ,then makes the "upgrades" it is still the same Shelby GT500 . The diff being it will be taken to the next level by Shelby.

However this might be a moot point because Ford might be doing the upgrades themselves.I'm sure that if Shelby Auto. does the "upgrades it will def add a much longer wait for the car,but it will probably be worth the wait. The cost is another issue though.

Anyway it is very exciting to think that we even have these possible "upgrades" to look forward to! :yup:

You bet ya Baby!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

Wow, I sure kicked off a lot of speculation when I started this thread!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you will find that Ford owns the trademark on KR/King of the Road. And given the interest in the GT500, I doubt they would be too happy with Shelby using that moniker on his "own" cars.

My predicition is that Ford will have some minor upgrades, and replace the GT500 with the GT500KR, after the first burst of enthusiasm starts to die down. They may even go as far as doing it in mid-2008 production, as was done with the original KRs (they are sometimes called "68 1/2's", because they were introduced in the middle of the 68 model year).

Anyway, I have decided I will wait for the 2008's. Just in case! ;)

What classes???

An interview with whom???

What items might we be talking about???

Remember who loves ya man!!! ;)

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

KingCobra.

Don't slime, KC. :nonono: He can't be bribed. :lol:

Archived