TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR

ctann

Hi all,

So far, I haven't seen anyone mention the posibility that Ford will put out a "limited" GT500KR ("King of the Road") in 2008. Plenty of people have already pointed out that the 2007 GT500 will be the 40th anniversary of the oh-so popular 1967 GT500, and we have already seen Ford making as much use of their retro-trademarks as possible - so it would seem to make sense to re-kindle the special "KR" moniker in 2008.

At least, thats what I'm hoping! Current dealer-markup, and demand for these cars, means I'm probably going to wait until 2008 to pick one up anyway (if I can be that patient! :-) ). If waiting until 2008 means I can have a GT500KR to match my 1968 GT500KR, then I will be one happy chap!

Chris.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although that sounds cooler than cool.........

I would highly dought it.

I more readily see then going to something that draws a different market, like the Boss.

Less hp, less money.

But.....it would be cook!!!

KingCobra.

Although that sounds cooler than cool.........

I would highly dought it.

I more readily see then going to something that draws a different market, like the Boss.

Less hp, less money.

But.....it would be cool!!!

KingCobra.

Hi all,

So far, I haven't seen anyone mention the posibility that Ford will put out a "limited" GT500KR ("King of the Road") in 2008. Plenty of people have already pointed out that the 2007 GT500 will be the 40th anniversary of the oh-so popular 1967 GT500, and we have already seen Ford making as much use of their retro-trademarks as possible - so it would seem to make sense to re-kindle the special "KR" moniker in 2008.

At least, thats what I'm hoping! Current dealer-markup, and demand for these cars, means I'm probably going to wait until 2008 to pick one up anyway (if I can be that patient! :-) ). If waiting until 2008 means I can have a GT500KR to match my 1968 GT500KR, then I will be one happy chap!

Chris.

Personally I would be surprised if the '08 isn't called the GT500KR. I think it would be the natural thing to do. It would keep the car fresh, keep interest up and guarantee that we won't be buying '08's at MSRP either. Bump the horsepower up over 500 and add two letters to the sidestripe and there ya have it! Your reason for wanting an '08 KR is the same reason I want an '07 GT500, two match my old one. I just wish they were offering Dark Moss Green in the '07's!

I'm like a lot of people in that I probably won't be able to get one until '08 either. My thoughts are that SVT said that the GT500 will be a 2 to 3 year production. What better way to end the production than with a "KR" model? Just in time for the release of the new Camaros and Chargers. What better way to prove that after all of these years, the Shelby GT500 is still King of the Road?

Personally I would be surprised if the '08 isn't called the GT500KR. I think it would be the natural thing to do. It would keep the car fresh, keep interest up and guarantee that we won't be buying '08's at MSRP either. Bump the horsepower up over 500 and add two letters to the sidestripe and there ya have it! Your reason for wanting an '08 KR is the same reason I want an '07 GT500, two match my old one. I just wish they were offering Dark Moss Green in the '07's!

and/or....Put a twin-screw blower & bump the HP on a limited number of models & call it a KR. This addresses the quantity issue (not getting enough 2-screws for a full production run), and creates another level of buying option for the consumer. That way, you go "one higher" for the enthusiast who needs it all, while retaining your original market for the GT500. B)

and/or....Put a twin-screw blower & bump the HP on a limited number of models & call it a KR. This addresses the quantity issue (not getting enough 2-screws for a full production run), and creates another level of buying option for the consumer. That way, you go "one higher" for the enthusiast who needs it all, while retaining your original market for the GT500. B)

Excellent idea! In the '68 model year they started out with the GT500 with the Police Interceptor engine, and then as production went on and the 428 Cobra Jet became available they started using the CJ engine and called them the KR. Once the GT500KR's were available there were no more GT500's.

I recently had a casual conversation with a tech from Multimatic Motorsports. We talked about the FR500C that fellow Canuck David Empringham drives as well as a few other "things". Some things he did ask me not to repeat about the car and a few things I found pretty interesting. Things like why the SVT products were all blown rather than N/A. A recent shakeup at the top might change the thinking. As well, he asked me as a future Shelby owner what I'd prefer...

A car with 500 blown hp that weighs 3900 lbs or a car with 450 hp N/A that weighs only 3300 lbs. Of course I said the latter and he tongue and cheek asked me if I put any money down on the Shelby. After our 30 minute conversation I got me the feeling the cammer is on the way soon. As much as I pleaded, he refused to take me on a tour of the plant because as he puts it there's too much to see there that Ford doesn't wan't us common folk to see.

Soooooooooo, after hearing all this gossip............ I still want the Shelby!

I recently had a casual conversation with a tech from Multimatic Motorsports. We talked about the FR500C that fellow Canuck David Empringham drives as well as a few other "things". Some things he did ask me not to repeat about the car and a few things I found pretty interesting. Things like why the SVT products were all blown rather than N/A. A recent shakeup at the top might change the thinking. As well, he asked me as a future Shelby owner what I'd prefer...

A car with 500 blown hp that weighs 3900 lbs or a car with 450 hp N/A that weighs only 3300 lbs. Of course I said the latter and he tongue and cheek asked me if I put any money down on the Shelby. After our 30 minute conversation I got me the feeling the cammer is on the way soon. As much as I pleaded, he refused to take me on a tour of the plant because as he puts it there's too much to see there that Ford doesn't wan't us common folk to see.

Soooooooooo, after hearing all this gossip............ I still want the Shelby!

Nice info.....now if only there was an emoticon for panting.....or fainting...or jumping up & down....you get the idea! ~~~~~

Oh, oh, OHHHHHHHHH!!!! Something juuust dawned on me!

OK - here's what it will be: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (edited by the Staßi) :)

Didn't you all watch the Carroll Shelby interview? Of course something else is coming. . .it could be released at any time.

There are 22 X. Is that for Mustang Shelby GT500KR? Also 22 with the two spaces counted.

You know you must immediately report what you hear. It's your duty (pleeeeease???)!!! BTW, are you a member of SAAC?

I used to be a member of SAAC, but I dropped out years ago. It was kind of expensive, and the main reason I wanted to join was to get their magazine, but it got to the point where they would only produce a couple issues a year. I'm probably going to join again because I understand they have an appraisal service that could come in handy when it comes to insuring the old cars.

All I can say is this - a new Shelby will be introduced soon.

When will you be able to post the information???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Did you get that info from Team Mustang???

Will production follow the 2-3 years of the regular Shelby GT500, or will it be an optional package along-side of it???

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

When will you be able to post the information???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Did you get that info from Team Mustang???

Will production follow the 2-3 years of the regular Shelby GT500, or will it be an optional package along-side of it???

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!

Archived