TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to the board - Parts swap about to begin

AFChief

Hello! New to the board and looking for some expertise. Just secured a 2007 GT500 and am looking to move over parts from my 06 GT. How are the stock GT500 parts in comparison to:

D-Specs

BMR frnt and rear Sway bars

BMR adjustable panhard

Steeda Ultra light springs

Roush billet LCAs

I want to capitalize on the money already invested in these parts if they are upgrades for the Shelby. I am assuming I could probably do better on the springs since the GT500 is heavier, but the other parts seem solid.

Thanks for any advice!

AFChief

Hello! New to the board and looking for some expertise. Just secured a 2007 GT500 and am looking to move over parts from my 06 GT. How are the stock GT500 parts in comparison to:

D-Specs

BMR frnt and rear Sway bars

BMR adjustable panhard

Steeda Ultra light springs

Roush billet LCAs

Thanks for any advice!

AFChief

Those parts listed above are better than factory. I have some BMR parts on my shelby and I like them. The D-Specs are great and would be a big improvement.

The only parts I would consider not using on the GT500 are the Ultra-lite springs; they are designed for the Mustang and not the GT500, which is a heavier car. The Ultra-lites are not even offered for the GT500. You'll also notice that Steeda Sport springs for the GT500 and Mustang have different part numbers; they even have a different part number for the GT500 vert. You can always call Steeda and ask them what they think.

And welcome to T.S.

Archived